Alright

Alright.

I have $10,000 and infinite personal free time to spend on starting a business. I decided to play the long game with the crypto I do have (only about $3500) and just focus on something more tangible.

I'm above average intelligence and have been seeking financial independence through self-employment all the way through my 20's.

I'm out of ideas. I don't know what to do. I'm willing to learn and to work my ass off but I have no destination.

Attached: themaze.jpg (1600x1092, 222K)

>above average intelligence
>out of ideas

Are you naturally good with people, user? 10k can go a long ways toward taking a sales/brokering biz off the ground.

you are in the wrong place

>I'm above average intelligence and have been seeking financial independence through self-employment all the way through my 20's.
Well, then why don't you put your STEM degree to use? You'll have worked hard at becoming excellent in a field that'll let you retire when you're 40-50.
Or did you just waste the time?

Attached: tenor.gif (436x444, 2.95M)

>Are you naturally good with people, user? 10k can go a long ways toward taking a sales/brokering biz off the ground.

How so? I could throw tens of thousands into this if it meant I'd do several times better than my current job as an NYC software engineer making ~$260k/yr. I'm not bad socially.

I'm not exceptional in the social skills department. I'm not a full blown no eye-contact, stuttering autist but I would say I possess average social abilities.

Honestly, a combination of wasted time and low motivation. I've kind of been given the silver spoon as far as basic necessities in life but recent events truly have me motivated to get my shit together.

I want to retire in two years, when I'm 30. Not in 12-22 years, when I'm too old to enjoy it.

Pretty much this. I would like to build up a business or cash flow over the next 4-5 years that can eventually be passive income.

That's what I thought. You're not likely to amount to anything unless you build a solid foundation in your 20'ies. That's just the way the world is.
It's never to late to start, but the longer you wait the more of a disadvantage you'll have on people who didn't wait.

>hey guys Im pretty smart and creative, think for me

Attached: 1517696098274.jpg (675x900, 119K)

I did go to a trade school to become a database administrator but I hated the work so much. Ended up walking out with my Comptia cert but I would be more inclined to working in something like web development or creating a product/service that I can monetize.

Examples of solid foundation?

t. 23yo

I hear this often.

It may be true but if i truly take it to heart it's just like giving up. Sense of urgency is definitely kicking in. I realize that habit-forming is crucial for success but I do believe I can break that mold.

I've worked many enough shitty 9-5s to know that road will eventually lead to suicide or a ton of psyche meds. I'm really just looking for the "spark" right now.

If you're not working on mastering a field you're going in the opposite direction of your goal. The most sure way to success is education, and not just education, but excelling at the education you chose.
Working a 9-5 job that doesn't improve you is a waste of your time.

It's never too late though. Like I said.
The disadvantage is real. The older you get the slower you learn. You'll also grow habits, get accustomed and build responsibilities that make you less free and less risk prone.
But it's not impossible, and it doesn't matter if you make it a little less than you could have if you make it.
Basically crying over the time you wasted is like crying over not buying bitcoin in 2014. It's a waste of time and it's not productive in anyway.

Of course your biggest problem is lack of motivation. I mean, if you weren't motivated in your 20ies, why would you be motivated now?

I mean I would honestly open a couple of mall kiosks and hire someone to run them if I was sure it would see profits. I'm really into the idea of entrepreneurship in that sense. Money is money to me it doesn't necessarily have to be something I love.

Every google search I do comes up with the same vague shit. Maybe I need to watch youtube videos of successful entrepreneurs 16 hours a day until I get my ass in gear.

I guess doing ANYTHING to get started would be better than watching crypto charts all day.

I got a STEM degree but I fucking hate working for people.

All I want to do is write a political blog on the third world country I am obsessed with, but I have zero idea how to monetize it or gain enough traffic for a country barely anyone thinks about.

Attached: 1516001457243.gif (540x540, 1008K)

It really hit me when I saw how far some of my friends were coming along. Most of them had significantly more financial and motivational backing from parents in their late teens and 20s.

I had a dad who worked 12 hour days as a machinist and as long as I was paying the small amount of rent owed to them each month, I basically got a thumbs up from him. Never really had anyone to help me see the bigger picture earlier on in life.

> I'm really into the idea of entrepreneurship in that sense.
Yes you seem to be really into the idea, because if you were into the entrepreneurship, you'd be out starting shit.
Most entrepreneurs fail a lot before they succeed, and you're not out there learning those lessons.
I mean, do you even know how to register a company? Do you know how to keep books? Do you know how to pay company taxes?

> Maybe I need to watch youtube videos of successful entrepreneurs 16 hours a day until I get my ass in gear.
People who watch youtube videos are retards. People who make youtube videos make money on retards.
You'd be better off making your own channel, shilling your own retarded shit.

> Money is money to me it doesn't necessarily have to be something I love.
You should look up what motivational theory is, like Deci and Ryan or Helle Hein, because "making it" won't motivate anyone.

I am in this boat too user. I hate the idea that what i'm earning is a fraction of the profits I produce for said person/company. Every job iv'e walked off of it was the same thought as I hit the door.

I don't mind making mediocre money and working hard as long as it's MY venture and hopefully something I can expand or build on to eventually make great.

>Most entrepreneurs fail a lot before they succeed, and you're not out there learning those lessons.
This, I have failed at starting three companies already and I finally feel I might actually know enough to succeed with something. Literally start the simplest business you can think of and run it until it fails.

Learn how to set it up, how to pay taxes, how to keep track of expenses, etc.

I mean for me the reason I hate it is because I can't actually do engineering without taking ADHD meds which make me want to die. So I'm motivated by survival.

Attached: 1517104284136.gif (688x720, 3.84M)

I registered an LLC to resell laptops on ebay in my early 20s. Ebay shut me down pretty quick when they demanded receipts for all the products I was selling for a wholesale electronics company.

> You should look up what motivational theory is, like Deci and Ryan or Helle Hein, because "making it" won't motivate anyone.

I'm not so sure. I really like watching digits grow in my bank account but you could be right.

I heard a pretty decent quote the other day:

"Productivity breeds motivation, not the other way around."

The watching youtube videos for ideas is probably a bad idea. I just feel so paralyzed of losing the money I do have on starting something that was set to fail from the start.

Then start something that takes next to no money and work from there.

Am I wrong to think some cheap-to-start cookie-cutter business is the best way to develop initial profits? Is it even that easy?

What do you mean by that?

Like the kiosk idea. Monkey see monkey do - I go to a mall and see which stands are doing the most business with the least amount of initial monetary commitment and just copy them?

I thought those were mainly immigration scams?

I have no idea. I saw one the other day where people were paying $100 to have their teeth whitened in 20 minutes with some special light.

Definitely see the legal issues there but they literally had a line of people.

IDK, it seems like it might work. I'm in a similar boat as you, although I'm getting some ideas now.

>3500$ in crypto
>above average intelligence

Im gonna need you to go ahead and pick one my guy.