So I wanted to try out metal chopsticks...

So I wanted to try out metal chopsticks. Looked on ebay and found a seller in South Korea who sold stainless steel ones they claimed were produced in Korea.

I ordered. Later on I saw that many chinese vendors sold something that like identical ones at a much lower price.

I'm a little worried this dude just repackaged chinese cutlery and called it korean. And products from China fucking worries me. Seems to me like they do anything to cut corners. Some of their practices don't even make any sense, some years ago there was a scandal where they found lead in babyfood. Like wtf how do you even save money by adding lead to babyfood?

How do I know these chopsticks are safe to eat with?

>how do you even save money by adding lead to babyfood

It wasn't that they added lead into babyfood to save money, it was that they cut corners and added a filler into the milk powder and it was the filler that happened to contain lead.

Koreans are almost as shitty when it comes to food safety as the chinese. You're probably ok, but consider it a lesson well learned. They'll fuck you over if they can. If you want to be confident, buy Japanese.

Well, anyhow, China and their products scare me. Especially when it comes to anything going into my mouth.

Good point. But the Koreans are the ones with the metal ones, the japs swear by wood or bamboo, hence they don't really manufacture much metal chopsticks.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I have a set of sterling silver I bought when I was in korea that is the real thing. True, when I was in japan, I only remember bamboo as the chopstick, but I was never in a particularly formal environment in japan. Is it really true they don't use metal utensils in formal settings? I find that hard to believe.

In formal settings I would think they stick to traditional wooden utensils but modern homes or casual settings I'm sure they've upgraded.

>stainless steel
>2016
Not shelling out for titanium.

I was considering titanium ones, but since I am in Europe it is a bit roundabout to get them. And on ebay the only sellers with titanium ones were again Chinese sellers. Which makes me weary of what I will receive.

You don't have to worry about the quality of titanium when the Chinese sell them.

Just buy stainless steel rod, cut it, install in drill and sand it (if you don't have a lathe).

How so?

Japan had shit metal, so they didn't rely on it outside of weapons.

It's like how asians have cows but still have lactose intolerance because milk products were reserved for royalty.

[spoiler]You don't have to worry about Chinesium because it's always bad.[/spoiler]

haha, yeah, pretty much my thought as well. Probably cheaper and healthier to just go with the stainless steel one if confronted by that choice.

[spoiler]Did they turn off spoilers in Veeky Forums or is it just me?[/spoiler]

It's been many years. It only exists on boards like /v/, /tv/, and /b/

Titanium has no rusting issues, and no poision to body, think of titanium hips.

We're talking Chinesium, not titanium.

Yeah, but if I get it from china it might be aliminium where they added some quicksilver to keep it shiny or what the fuck. Idk what goes through their heads.

Wooden once use > wooden washable > plastic textured > plastic > metal

Metal chopsticks sucks and theres a reason nobody outside of Korea uses them

What? When the fuck did /b/ get spoilers? Don't give them anything, they don't deserve it.

Japanese have some metal chopsticks but they're not very popular because they're slippery, heavy and a pain in the ass to use. I've only seen them in fancy restaurants.

Idk, I have some wooden ones I bought way back in the day that are great. However, I thought metal was kind of a good idea. Especially for keeping them clean. I'd love to just toss them in the washer after I'm done eating.

Gotta agree with in some ways. I thought metal ones would be great too, but I found them rather slippery and surprisingly heavy. They still work just fine, but I went back to wood or coated ones.

I buy mine from a local Japanese shop, no idea if they're made in China or Japan or whatever.

Personally I like the metal ones. Gives me better grip and doesn't feel like I'm holding nothing every once in a while.

In Korea, there has been a large increase in restaurants using vacuum formed chopsticks where they're thick but hollow so it makes them super light and it frustrates me because I want some heft on my utensils and I can't get any when I'm eating out.

I can't stand the coating though. I really only liked uncoated wood. But again, metal seems like a good idea in theory.

Listen OP, if you're dumb enough to make this post, a little lead won't do u any harm.

>if you're dumb enough to make this post
what post? Your post? I didn't make your post!

kek

I agree with Ordered some stainless steel ones a while ago thinking I'd use them all the time, but I honestly like them less than the crappy disposable bamboo ones you get at fast-Asian restaurants here in the US and have only used them a handful of times. It makes no difference that I CAN just throw them in the dishwasher, because I never use/dirty them anyways.

>metal chopsticks
Plebeians.

That's how spoilers look for me on all boards

japs and gooks pedophile crooks