What do you think of expiry dates?

What do you think of expiry dates?

they're okay, i give them a 6/10

I like how they tell you when something expires.

It's nice to see that my herbs expire in 2020. I have plenty of thyme left.

Fuck you Carlos.

They indicate when things are close enough to getting bad that the producer doesn't want to be liable for any issues.
Many processed foods are "good" long after their expiration date.

Also of note, the date warns of *product* degradation, not *food* degradation.
That often means "container is starting to wear out" or "container material has meaningfully leaked into the food".

dying

What the fuck is the point of this thread? Would you prefer to just play a guessing game about when your food is bad? Why not just make a post asking what people think of oxygen?

What do you think about oxygen?

Speaking of expiry dates: I have some sour cream in the fridge that had a best before date of November 15th. I had some more of it a few days ago and it was fine. I usually keep it for about two weeks after the expiry date, and pitch whatever is left if there is any. Assuming that it's refrigerated, should it be good for a few more days?

I liked it.

I see them as warnings.
After expiring shop/company wont take responsibility from ill effects because the RISK of contamination is too high.
Simply by inspecting the expired food i have eaten lots of expired stuff with no problems.

[spoiler]very nice[/spoiler]

Why would ck have spoilers?

idk. they're fun

mystery meat

>they're fun

go back to /tv/

They're a meme.

A corporate ploy too fool ameracans into staying consumarist dronse

They exist for the weak

I think numerous things when it comes to expiration dates

what bothers me is the fact that this food warehouse company had a habit of using acetone to erase dates and resale to whoever else

overrated and not opaque enough

Been breathing it all my life. No problems so far.

I'm in favor of them. I wish the grocery store would be more careful about letting expired stuff sit out. A week or two is one thing, but I've seen stuff that's been expired for more than a year.

Only a guideline. The only thing that matters is whether the food doesn't look or smell bad.

Figures. Corporate "citizens," everybody.

Is this expired?

Unfortunately I had a single bad milk experience as a small child and now am a complete autist about the dates on food. I will nope the fuck out of a day after expiration food.