What was your first food related job, if you had any?

What was your first food related job, if you had any?

I was a delivery boy for a few weeks.
The pay was okay, but I hated all those stairs I had to climb.

Runner in my college's dining hall. Fucking sucked my friends seeing me working for my beer money but I did fall in love with food service. Currently sous chef at a small restaurant in Savannah

I worked at a southern US grocery store. It was hell.
>My bosses were shit.
>The pay was shit.
>They scheduled me for new hours without telling me and yelled at me when I didn't show up.
>Had to handle gross packages of raw, leaky chicken often
>Dealing with customers with shit attitudes

>high school had a student store that sold pizza and other shit
>took a retail management class so I sold shit from the store with other classmates
>we have leftovers always so we get that shit for free
>short Asian kid from class gets cheesy bread
>microwaves
>suddenly place is smoking up
>SMOKE EVERYWHERE
>turns out Asian kid puts in cheesy bread in microwave for 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds
>we all laugh at him
>10 years later and he hasn't done shit with his life

Souix chef at Jeff Ruby's

Oh shit winn dixie bagger when I was a kid

Wendy's. I told myself I would never again work in food.
Currently managing a Papa Johns

Washing dishes in an old folks home 1975.

We were "assistant dietitians" and would open cans, put things in bowls.

Learn your lesson about saying never, huh?

No because I have quit before, until my new job didn't work out and I went back even though I said never again would I work at Papa Johns. I put in my two weeks today again because I have a new job and I will never work there again

Worked as a busboy/"counter" (preparing drinks, taking phone orders, boxing, slicing and taking pizzas out of the oven, etc.) at a local pizzeria. They make my favorite pizza, but fuck that job. First and only food related job and I ain't looking to go back unless it's to eat there

And there's the never again. I give you a year before you're at domino's kek

I'm never going to suck you off you fag

Del taco pure grave shift
The evening shift were lousy workers gangta types so they slacked off didnt prep for my shift and concert building around the corner had to deal with 1 or 2 concert customers loads and couldnt finish my prep for morning shift. We thawed chicken and steak in the washing bin and serve bad lettuce and day old cooked chicken. Had to do it all by myself kept crying at the end of nearly every shift did it for 3 months then quit cause they wouldnt give me day hours cause college was going to start. I feel better now

busser at a popular restaurant

it was honestly probably the worst time of my life

Worked at an apple orchard during apple seasons, before sunup to after sundown on weekends.

Comfiest part of the day was early morning. Get to the orchard when its still dark and quiet, make giant batches of caramel and apple tarts while drinking fresh cider...feels good man.

Then once the sun came up, had to make apple cider donuts all day. Burnt the fuck out of my hands and constantly smelled like cinnamon and fryer grease. It took me 5 years to be able to eat a donut again.

went straight to commis chef at a highly regarded london steakhouse chain

lasted two months before i quit

Dishwasher at a steakhouse that used to be a Mexican restaurant.

I was a straightforward job, worked it 3~4 days after my last year in high school from like 4-10

There were two really cool cooks, a tall skinny pot smoker that unironically liked the ICP and a fat funny guy that was the only dude to do any legit work. The owner was a fat piece of shit who looked like a humanization of Garfield the cat, and the head chef was a tiny fucking prick about 5'5 that thought he was hot shit.

i rotated with about 2 other highschool football bros who were hosts. 2 of the waitresses there were highschool cheerleaders with big tits and they would always brag and gloat about tips and be general cunts. If the boss was in a bad mood, I'd have to clean the fryers or overhead smoke racks or the grill from the wing smoker they had. Before I arrived the chubby cool chef said the entire basement was completely stashed with rotten food and bags of month old rancid potatoes and onions, roaches and shit were everywhere. Every fucking night I'd have to close down the kitchen: which meant washing the floor mats, cleaning a 12 ft long cutting board, sweeping and mopping the kitchen etc. and sometimes we'd get that customer that shows up at 9:55pm to keep us at that shitty place for another 30 minutes. Cold glass salad plates would shatter in in the hot dishing water. ALL of the waitresses, from the two 18 year old tarts to the 40 year old 'where is my life going' type, were fucking entitled cunts holy shit. Only good part about it was being able to get a solid burger and an Arnold Palmer out of the night's work, and sometimes the employees would buy beer for you.

Dairy Queen for two summers, hoping I won't have to go back again next year

Deli / prepared foods section of a gas station convenience store. Made lots and lots of sandwiches, lots and lots of pizzas, plus tons of variety shit. Food tubes like egg rolls, tornados, grillers, mozzarella sticks with sauce, puddings and yogurts, various salads, soups, burgers and chicken sandies, pasta, fruit cups, even stuff like milkshakes and smoothies.

Everything pretty much came in frozen, nothing was really "cooked" just 'prepared' in-store. Basically assembled, heated up and packaged. Although I did learn to make a sick braided crust for my pizzas to fill with something yummy.

Busser at a local restaurant.

It was owned by these two sisters. They were batshit crazy. Paid me under minimum wage, no tips. It was unpleasant.