Decentralized Oracles Serious Thread

medium.com/@peterhaymond/why-decentralized-oracles-matter-7920ad04ee37

Okay, guys. Let's see what competition is ChainLink up against and whether or not we should start worrying about any of them. Post your thoughts about them, how they can fail or how they can get ahead of ChainLink project. If you know more about any of those projects than what is written in this article please make sure to comment on it as well.

If you know about any other decentralized oracles that are not mentioned in this post please comment with some description.

Another topic could be how does ChainLink solve the adoption problem that every single Blockchain based company will have to face eventually?

Please restrain from making any price-related comments unless they are linked to the competitiveness or adoption of ChainLink which are the subjects of this thread.

Attached: Oracles.png (373x38, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733140.0
augur.net
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yegyih591Jo
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529098.0
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2567253.0
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2061483.0
streamr.com/
cardano.org/en/home/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My linky stays super stinky $1000 eoy

Thanks to Thomas Hodges

This is one other Decentralized Oracle called ÆTERNITY that I know of:
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1733140.0

Resources for the ones mentioned in the article:
Augur : augur.net , youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yegyih591Jo

Gnosis: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1529098.0

Witnet: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2567253.0

Mobius: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2061483.0

Streamr: streamr.com/

Network effect will squeeze out most of these competitors. Some of them might retain a niche, but I doubt it.

yeah, but what about Mac Donelds?

>Another topic could be how does ChainLink solve the adoption problem that every single Blockchain based company will have to face eventually?
By being the first mover decentralized bridging network run by 19000 nodes as well as corporate nodes giving said blockchains access to off chain data.

Attached: hankslink.png (538x337, 129K)

iExec can already do oracles. Next.

You still have to sell it to the big companies. Having network where each node operator is they own master isn't exactly promising for them. Having penalties for failed data providing sort of solves that problem but is it enough to convince the potential partners that their money ( meaning their data which is their money essentially) are safe with our network?

$1000 eoy

>Having network where each node operator is they own master isn't exactly promising for them. Having penalties for failed data providing sort of solves that problem.

Attached: tuck.jpg (366x366, 19K)

Do companies have an option though? Only way for smart contracts to be used is through oracles and the leading oracle is ChainLink atm.

They can choose which oracle they want to use. You still have to win them over. Being the leading Decentralized Oracle doesn't mean much if you still don't have fully developed product.

Not sure what you are getting at. Care to elaborate?

Yes.
Your English teacher was only in it for pussy & gave you A's when you actually failed miserably Liu.

Attached: Screenshot_20171208-042340.jpg (1004x584, 176K)

Ah ok, I thought you were getting at the points I was making. Glad there are monolingual people like you willing to help others see their mistakes.

Attached: cyberbully.jpg (518x270, 16K)

ChainLink has alpha already out. Swift partner. Invited to Sibos. Sergey has been involved with Smart Contracts for a long time already. Again that's why they are leading and all of that will convince anyone who wants to use smart contracts to choose ChainLink over the competition.

You are talking like ChainLink is a project that's trying to catch up to some other decentralised oracles project.

There is another project that has oracles. It's called Wagarr. Just sayin know what I'm sayin.

Danke schön

Attached: 1518657899258.png (970x829, 262K)

There is no official partnership with SWIFT pajeet kill yourself

>Swift partner
Swift is not a partner, zeppelin_os is.
> ChainLink has alpha already out.
>Invited to Sibos. Sergey has been involved with Smart Contracts for a long time already.
That was the point of this thread, to see where other projects are at, maybe they are better at something or if not it's worth pointing out regardless ( to this thread at least).
> You are talking like ChainLink is a project that's trying to catch up to some other decentralised oracles project.
Chainlink same as any other coin out there doesn't have fully developed product meaning there is no way we are in adoption phase yet meaning that anything could happen from now up until we have partnered with someone. For the sake of this thread, I was trying to be as neutral as possible so we could have a meaningful conversation.

Working/partner with Swift. Jesus fuck how retarded can you be.

Bitte schön. Now fuck off.

>Chainlink same as any other coin out there doesn't have fully developed product
I already told you Ming you faggot!
You're Engrish is showing.
Now fuck off back to WeiWei & CommieKorea!

Attached: trump_checkem-618x452.jpg (618x452, 40K)

"Anything can happen" is such a bs thing. What are the chances that ChainLink would give up their lead should be the real question. I'd say pretty low. Also if you look at the other projects, all of them are behind in development compared to ChainLink. Only serious projects are Augur and IEXEC, but with a quick research it seems that IEXEC will be using an oracle and Augur seems to be focused on other things.

Also whenever there is a discussion about decentralised oracles, 90% of the time ChainLink is mentioned and compared to.

> Anything can happen" is such a bs thing.
Not really, how can you be sure that some other project isn't doing exactly what Sergey and the team are doing which is not hyping the product before it is released. At some point, they could come up with a huge partnership announcement and the decentralized oracle dominance of ChainLink could shrink. Will it happen? Probably not. It's still worth looking at other projects even if they don't seem to be doing anything of notice.
> What are the chances that ChainLink would give up their lead should be the real question.
Very unlikely but as I said above I am trying to be neutral for the sake of this thread
> Also whenever there is a discussion about decentralised oracles, 90% of the time ChainLink is mentioned and compared to.
That is on Veeky Forums and biz isn't big % of money invested in Oracles or crypto, it just seems like it because we are the loudest %.

Wrong continent but keep guessing.

Yes Mr.Goyboy buy iExec!
Didn't you see wiff your big round eyes!
BUY IEXEC!!!
CHAINLINK NO!!!
OACLE NO OACLE
NO OACLE MR SERGEY BAD!!!!
IEXEC!!!

Attached: 1516718964220.png (848x725, 381K)

>each node operator is they own master
>is they own masta
nigger detected

WHAT AM I GONNA DO!?!?!
IEXEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: mm no no no!.png (708x684, 297K)

>witnet
>streamr
>mobius
>augur
Yeah I'd say LINK has 0 competition? Not to mention....Tigereum. They solved it. Tigereum solved the cross node retraction paradox. CL has been working on it for over 14 months and TIG just rolled it out with double-blind verified code. All the partners behind the scenes in San Francisco know what a big deal this is.

>witnet
Scam - they don't even have a whitepaper and the token drop is supposedly 2 years away

>streamr
Scam - no whitepaper, team of 40 fucking nobodies, roadmap starts from 2020

>mobius
Literal street-shitting pajeets trying to make a quick buck

>augur
Centralized

>Tigereum
No whitepaper, niggers on the team

Pathetic.

>Okay, guys. Let's see what competition is ChainLink up against and whether or not we should start worrying about any of them. Post your thoughts about them, how they can fail or how they can get ahead of ChainLink project.
Wow, only about 4 grammatical errors here.
You even assumed "our" gender as somekind of transphobic collective.
I can't stand for this type of bullying & harassment if that's what IEXECs cryptoeconomics is promoting.
You'll be hearing from our legal team.
www.twitter.com@psygnisfive
cardano.org/en/home/

Attached: Screenshot_20180315-030537.jpg (1432x1500, 471K)