What was the cause of the massive surge in crypto prices in Dec 2017?

What was the cause of the massive surge in crypto prices in Dec 2017?

Attached: 1520654607938.jpg (768x960, 175K)

Normies, just like at the end of 2013, a new wave of media attention brought in normies and FOMO from people sitting on the sidelines.

Big Bang Theory

Ok, but what was it really?

Those tits are pretty big for a girl like her.

All the negative sentiment of people buying the top of BTC at $1200 back in 2013 was erased when it broke through that old ATH.

And that's all that's needed for the next bullrun, to break through the old $20k ATH again, and it'll erase all the bad sentiment of the buyers who bought at $16-20k and sold at 6k, making them think "damn I shouldn't have sold", fomo back in, and then rocket straight to $100k.

This girl is asian.

FOMO

your mom accepting payment in bitcoin was the main reason. your sister accepting ethereum only another

The problem is that it's easier to wash-trade the price up in the hundreds than it is to do so in the thousands and tens of thousands. In that case we'll have to wait for institutional money which means at least a year-long bear market

electrical signals sent out by the t-sdadadasdasdSCXCout_undo_partial_alloc:

while (--i >= 0) {

free_page((unsigned long)group_info->blocks[i]);

}

kfree(group_info);

return NULL;

}
EXPORT_SYMBOL(groups_alloc);

This is very true. But how long did that take?? 3 fucking years.

Also this time things are very different. The technology and it's importance is much better understood and companies all over the world are beginning to use it... just not the tradeable coins that exist now - instead on their own private blockchains.

More buyers than sellers? If you read what people usually write, most people dont cash out all their coins so even when the price goes up whales might cashout a small amount with everyone anticipating higher prices. Or even when a whale does sell at $18k, they just buy back in at $16k ending up with the same amount of coins plus some free money.

Then when the price stalls, people get nervous and sell which makes more people sell.

In Dec though there was really a LARGE surge of interest. All websites having ot do with crypto got a large spike in traffic, exchanges werent lying when they closed registration down and had to redo infrastructure to figure out how to handle 10x the traffic. I think it was media attention though and its whoever prompted all the media attention. Long term holders probably always encourage media attention and try to get storys ran about how people became millionaires to try to trigger fomo. They could try repeating this but it wouldnt work because of the big drop and loss of confidence. Gotta wait until everyone gives up then try to pump the price higher than ever before, then try a new wave of media attention.

The major difference this time will be the upcoming economic uncertainty. 6 months is a very long time and keep in mind market cap is not actually the amount of fiat in the market. It only requires a small amount of money for ATH again.

Trust in the whales

Attached: WHALE.jpg (1600x1200, 238K)

Look everybody, it's Stephen Hawking posting from the grave

In 2013 was a tradingbot controlled by karpeles, programmed to pump the price of btc. Google willybot.
2017 was probably the same but this time by bitfinex

How'd such a tiny girl get such big tits

normies buying shit out of hype.

Attached: 1515069764793.jpg (480x377, 18K)

probably whales going long on btc when options were introduced

Presumably this steals my linkies somehow. Any brainfags want to explain?

google "bitcoin fork"