Hey so what's a super cheap crock pot recipe? Like can i buy a bunch if different canned foods and throw it all in?

Hey so what's a super cheap crock pot recipe? Like can i buy a bunch if different canned foods and throw it all in?

I was thinking about adding beans, tomatoes, etc into it and just letting it stew together while i went to class. Any ingredient ideas?

Help a poor college student.

Pic is a chili i made. But ut was meh.

Not exactly cheap but its my favorite recipe and you can eat off it forever if you're interested...

Buy as large a pork shoulder as you can afford and will fit in your crock pot, large bottle cheap BBQ sauce, 2L bottle store brand root beer, and 1 Hershey bar. Cover meat liberally with salt and pepper, put in crock pot and add root beer until about 2/3 the way up the meat. Add Hershey bar on top. Cook on low at least 6 hours. When done, pull meat out and shred. This will be simple because it will literally fall apart. Separate all the fat off and bone if you paid for that weight. Add sauce to shredded meat. This is the best BBQ in the world and you can refrigerate what you use immediately and freeze what you don't. On a large roast you will get a dozen meals out of it.

Thanks! How much should it cost all together you think?

Shit dude it all depends on your roast. But boneless to spend less on the weight of the bone but bone in usually cost less per pound. 20 bucks should get you a decent roast and about 5 bucks for the rest

*buy boneless

That's not bad at all. I'm about to go to the store and look around. Just poor right now because shifts at work haven't been coming my way

Dude I completely understand. Been there. Lived almost a year on 2 meals Ramen a day

I have 27 to my name lol. Thats why i was trying to think of just different canned foods to throw together. But idk whats best

For how long?

Will i be poor or how long i want it to last?

Will the 27 dollars need to get you before you get paid again

Next week but i have an empty fridge

Ok you don't need a crock pot recipe. You need staples. Lentils, pintos, rice, instant potatoes, canned veg. You need bulk. Quantity over quality. Calorie per dollar spent

Yeah I'm at the store now. Gonna grab a bunch of starches basically

you need to get a pressure cooker.

Should i get a yellow or red onion

Simple Roast
>Season and sear Chuck Roast
>Put roast, carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, any root vegetables you have in the slow cooker
>salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme
>add a cup of red wine and then fill up with stock or water and a bouillon cube until it covers halfway up the meat.

Also I would highly recommend making your own beans instead of buying canned. It's so much cheaper. An onion, some garlic, a bay leaf is all you need with the beans. You just stew them all together in a pot for a couple hours. Don't salt or season the beans until after they are done cooking.

Whichever is cheaper

Thank you!

Yellow. I basically just bought 10 worth of vegetables im gonna throw it all into the crockpot and let it just simmer. What seasinings should i throw in? I have some chicken breast i was going to cut up and throw in

1lb cannellini beans
1lb frozen mirepoix
1/2lb ham
5c water
2 bayleaf
salt
pepper

Cook on high 4 hours or so and blend about half the beans when almost done.