/Dumplings/ Only dumplings, any dumplings, any country!

Chicken n Dumplings
America not your retard cracker barrel kind

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dumplings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love matzoh ball soup!

how does i make dumpling? i need some asian thing or no?

bisquick boy... bisquick
or some old china lady filling / wrapper

Xiaolongbao is top tier dumpling. Also gyoza and pierogis.

I love apple dumplings.

Make pate a choux with herbs
pipe into rich broth.

wala!

Potato dumplings sound awesome.

I prefer the long flat dumplings

Flyovers know chicken and dumplings

Is a pupusa a dumpling?

I like those.

Do you think Eastern dumplings are better than Western dumplings?

Light vs dark
Day vs night
Chicken vs pork
Alabama vs Taiwan

holy fuck i love those type of dumplings

you do know that Cracker Barrel dumplings are just a version of spaetzle, right?

>Amish
>Christian Germans living in PA
>Pennsylvania
>Flyover

Step aside. superior dumpling coming thru.

All places not SF or NYC are flyover.
But, Here you go just so you're not so uninformed that most of the Amish do live in OH and IN flyovers.

Looks like shite.

Damn OP that looks delish. Why haven't you posted recipe yet?

is that g'oza?

Basically yes, they're the original Chinese ones that gyozas are based upon.

This is called 'cut dumplings' as opposed to 'drop dumplings' where I'm from and both are delicious in their own way

This. Xiao Long Bao, no matter if its fresh or frozen shit from costco, all taste good as fuck.

Basic chicken soup, dumpling recipe is on back of bisquick box

flour + shredded raw potato with a core of salted pork, boiled

eat with butter, lingonberry jam and a glass of milk

probably my favorite dish

These are unhealthy, but my absolute favorite chinese dumpling when they are piping hot.

they are labeled deep fried meat dumpling, for us americans, but they are basically a glutinous flour shell with meat, veggys chopped very fine and deep fried...

It's bizzare, but the shell is the best deep fried thing ever... Great with chili/garlic/soy sauce for dunking.

This shit looks so good. I need to get into the dumpling game.

>Boil some tatters
>Mash and mix with flour
>Saute some carrot, onion and celery
>Add some bacon for smokiness
>Pack inside the tatter mix
>Sear outsides of dumpling
>Finish off in soup

yum yum

>SF
>not flyover

The only reason people go to SF is to fuck men.

I fucking love dumplings but there's fuck all of them in Sweden. I'm jealous that Americans get to eat them whenever they want.

You're on a board about cooking, and dumplings are literally the easiest things to make.

Stop complaining.

Yeah but I'm shit at cooking.

Just made these, I fuckin love potstickers.

>Look at me
>I'm a liberal
>Everywhere my kind are not centrally located are full of hick bumpkins not worth our time of day
>Wait a second, I need to go be hypocritical at another rally for something that doesnt really matter
>My position: I do it myself, but you really shouldn't and if you do you're literally Hitler

I grew up with dumplings similar to what some folks make with Bisquick. My mother topped her Lamb stew with them, and rolled tiny ones that she put in her bean soup. As far as I know that was from the Pennsylvania Dutch side of my mother's family - German American stuff.

Whats in it user?

this thinking is why trump is our president

>Implying there was the option he would not become the next president
Trump transcends the axis of political fate. His ascending to presidency was providence.

I ground some beef chuck up, added bok choi, asian chives, sesame oil, soy sauce, baking soda, and corn starch, easy stuff.

Be serious: Do you guys sit on /pol/ and point out threads to discuss how fast and hard you can derail them? I'm curious.

What are they called?

Pupusas are not listed on wikipedia's definition of dumplings.

Tamales are definitely dumplings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dumplings

pupuusas are way more of a dumpling, than some other 'dumplings' on that list like this
Mohnnudel

jiaozi. gyoza is the transliteration of jiaozi.

Have you ever eaten boar jiaozi?

Looks terrible.

Boar? If you mean pork, then yes, pork/cabbage is a common filling.
Nice aesthetics user. I'm so lazy when it comes to cooking for just myself.

Thanks user! I was cooking for my husband too so there's motivation there. Plus I've always found that when I put some effort into good presentation -- shit tastes better.

I made this truffle cake a little while ago and I swear just putting effort into making it look good made it taste better. You eat with your eyes too.

Smh those are clearly wontons. Jiaozi are fried. t. Chink

dumplings are shit

you're shit user

Fried dumplings are known as jian(fried) jiao.

Wontons in mandarin are hun tun, which are served in a nice soup where I'm from.

Comfy af. I'm envious.

Soup looks like a good winters day comfort. How did you make the broth? And don't leave out your secret couple of ingredients like most asians do when passing along recipes. I hate that crap. If you're going to do that, don't even respond.

And don't leave out your secret couple of ingredients like most asians do when passing along recipes. I hate that crap. If you're going to do that, don't even respond.

That is a lot of unwarranted animosity.

Sorry user, that's not my picture, nor do I have an established recipe. Hun-tun soups I'm used to are relatively light and fast to make since they're only building on the dumpling water. What's important is getting some umami flavor, whether through boullion or meat bones, and then adding green onions and cilantro in my case.

Muh ancient Chinese sekrits.

My mom made chicked and dumplings that were the family tradition. They were fucking amazing.
Then my drunk ass grandpa (who passed the recipe down to her) would lean up against the countertop in the middle of the night after drinking a fifth of Dugans Dew shit scotch and eat it out of the giant pot with his hands.
God I hated my teenage years, and can't wait till I'm dead

Char Siu Bao!

Nothing better.

Thanksgiving demands some turkey dumpling soup. It's just finely diced onion, chopped carrot, chopped celery, meat, broth, and water.

My grandma's recipe for dumplings, i'ts just eggs, a little salt, and enough flour until it's got some body.

Serve with cheese n' bacon roll-em-ups.

>unwarranted animosity.

Not really. I've spent a fair amount of time in several asian countries and that's been my experience whenever I've tried to get recipes. Strange, really. I guess they simply don't want the gaijin to be able to make the food as good as them. One could almost categorize it as the mirror of /pol/.