Bitmex general v2

I made a bitmex trade yesterday, today I got liquidated and I have 9 bucks left. How has it been for you guys?

Attached: bitmex-696x449.jpg (696x449, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/5usc7x/why_you_should_never_use_your_liquidation_price/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good

Attached: 1499719111038.png (1625x54, 18K)

Price direction is predictable as fuck, destination not so much. I've made some big profits calling them, especially over last night (9150-8700), but I always profit take so early because I haven't seen profits like this since HODLing alts in last year's bull market.

Wish I'd kept my short open, because I'd be making bigger money on already big money. Don't know how you lost. Be more careful.

First day trying doing this, 3-10x max not fucking with that higher shit. I'm playing around with 200$ for now I made 5$ during this sideways action but I wanted to get in when it breaks but the site freezes during breakout. This happens everytime I assume? I guess I should use stop limit.

MY STOPS DIDNT FIRE AS FUCKING USUAL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

going good, was gambling with 50x before but lost like 250$
25x is the sweet spot

pic rel.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-14-18-57-48.png (1009x485, 81K)

Yup, that's what I use for most of my positions. 10x if I'm less confident or have to go do other things.

I lost by opening long position when rsi on 5min 15min and 1hr were all oversold. Thought this was worth taking my shot. Then it went down so quickly that even though I had a stoploss set it went through it. well, i am broke now again

I'm tempted to sell my hodls at a loss and put the btc into this instead. Had i done so from the beginning i'd already would have recouped the losses plus another 50% profit on top

Attached: Trade.jpg (889x149, 65K)

Yeah, about that. When BTC takes dumps this hard, RSI doesn't matter nearly as much as it normally would until you zoom out to 4h and onward. You might be able to catch scalps/pre-dump tops with 1 min RSI and Bollinger bands, though.

Yeah...
Do you know how can I buy btc for fiat by credit card?

You don't want to use credit. Card companies throw fees on top now. It's a stupid decision because you should never play with money you don't have. I used to use Coinbase with my bank debit card, though.

i mean a classic paying card, in my country we call all cards credit cards, sorry

Can you do it with Coinbase? I don't know what other options there are otherwise, except maybe Changelly and CoinMama.

How am I doing, user?

Attached: jobwelldone.png (1642x101, 41K)

go long at 8k

Attached: 1515647158158.png (1238x1312, 250K)

you probably have several btc equity, big gains=big losses

i am not verified on coinbase, will probably try coinmama or changelly
thx

kek, get out user, last warning

you went long at 18k like a retard.

stupid or pretending? kek

based brainlet

No, you idiot. Stay away from investing if you can't work these things out.

Attached: special_image_for_special_kind_of_stupid.png (1330x415, 62K)

>mfw my portfolio grows
>Yet the value sinks
Suddenly i realize the futility of it all.

Attached: 1520392428399.jpg (647x539, 77K)

lost 4k last week in 5 consecutive liquidations
scraped up my last 400 and currently margin trading again since monday
up 50 bucks but if btc hits 7820 i am liquidated again

I was just pretending to be retarded, lol you fell for the bait as usual.

Shitty. Getting bogged like a mother fucker on every position.

Attached: images.png (168x299, 7K)

I've only made a few trades on the testnet but I have a question: why do people get liquidated? Can't you just put a stop loss before liquidation price or just decrease the margin if it's getting too close to your liquidation?

Closed some lunch money last night before bed, woke up happy with my decision

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 620K)

you can also buy on buy.bitcoin.com but Coinmama has lower fees than anyone

How do I partial close a position? If I'm long do I put a short to close that part and vice versa?

1. Trade in the direction of the trend. The trend is down, this means you go short only.

2. Short when RSI is high, and wait. Try drawing trendlines on RSI. Seriously.

3. Low(er) leverage. Liquidation should be above the last peak.

4. Stop loss before liquidation is hit. If that saves you only 20% of the position, you still have that 20% as opposed to 0%.

close now

You're smart.

Started with 0.1 BTC a few days ago, up to 1.6 now, pretty gud

Sorry user its going to 7.6k

i dont understand this image

i.. still want some real answers

i have seen this thread before, even with the same images

Attached: 2341.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

There's a thin line where you put a stop loss though. At a certain point, liquidation might as well be the same as the stop loss, but being too careful, and you end up selling at a loss that would have been easily avoided during a small spike. I've only used stop loss once, though i should become better at it.

Retarded brainlet doing ta for a week and think they know anything. Kill yourself

i made the same thread yesterday
probably going to make it a daily thread if mods allow me

Is that true that I can’t use leverage unless I have 0.1 BTC or something like that?
t. poorfag who lost all the money on HODLing

whats your strategy

no, you can use leverage with any amount
just don't 50x or 100x your first try. 10x is ok, 25x is too if you have half a brain

What's your call user?

pretty much what this guy said

What you wrote is completely correct. One definitely can use stoploss or deleverage.

That said, once the position is open the emotions kick in and you start doing things which are not exactly logical.

Stop hunting is a problem, but it is only a problem if you decide to use a very tight stoploss, which means that you have either wrong strategy or too high leverage.

not that it matters, but 100x leverage means 100x the fees. they prey on your greed, and eat your deposited quicker the most leverage you use. and of course, they count on you blowing your account.

I usually plan on adding stop losses at around 30-50% loss, though i've only used it once as stated (and it didn't trigger, but the safety net felt good) since most of the time, within 10-20 minutes i hit my sell/buy target.
I've been molested from not using stop losses though and selling before liqs. Worse trade i did were 2x up but closed back to initial investment, something i'd avoid if i had a stop loss. At least i managed to avoid liq.

this, 100x is only worth it if you can move the market yourself

8.6-8.8

I don't know about BitMEX, but OKEX liquidates your position if your margin is down to 10%. So if you short from 10k at 10x, the margin call is 10900, not 11K.
If you set a stop loss just above/below liquidation price (say 10880 in this example), you can save that 10%.

Has anyone actually used 100x? Seems like suicide to me since you practically have no room to move and seeing this market is extremely volatile..
I used 50x on my first order, but came too close to liq (just 0.0040 away before netting a nice 2x up during the sudden drop 5 days ago) to use it ever again. I pull very short term 25xs trades.
Sure, i miss out on big shorts/longs by closing within the 0.01 +/- range, but it's safer since the value usually bounce between that range, and it gives me more btc to pull on the next trade

i got into crypto early put in $500 had about 20k in september 2017

got introduced to bitmex, and made another 10k in 3 hours, thats when i got hooked, gambling personality kicked in, and i proceeded to lose it all.

yeah be careful dont be a complete dumbfuck

yeah i've been rekt on 100x and 50x
now i just play it safe and do 25x or 10x when there is a definite upward or downtrend
can last hours or a day or two but it's more profitable for me

listen to this user. just don't be greedy and you should be ok
ignore the trollbox mostly
use small amounts to get the hang of things

is bitmex down wtf

Only have 0.0123 xbt. Tempted to just wait for the next pump/dump and 100x short/long, respectively

do NOT 100x. you will get rekt
play it slowly and make gains over time

Are you gonna you take profit order? Or you'll do it manually? Really hard with no wiggle room (1% swing liquidate I mean).

How does that work? Don't liquidates mean a complete loss? So is OKEX actually "taking" 10% when you get liqed?

This. 100x is literally pure suicide unless you time it with a whale friend (and nobody here knows any). The prices move 0.01 up and down in minutes, thinking your leverage at 0.0005 is worth shit and safe is folly. Especially since BITMEX is too slow to handle an instant buy then close order. Even if you make 500% in a tiny move, you'll be closed befoe you have time to make a close order.

Correct.
See here for a detailed explanation
reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/5usc7x/why_you_should_never_use_your_liquidation_price/

I've been 100x with about 0.001 xbt and set the order for 20 pts in whatever direction and that seems to be fine. I know the risks. How else would you guys recommend growing it?

read the thread

can someone tell me why seemingly everyone is margin trading on bitmex? there's margin on other platforms, no?

Then why would anyone want to use them? Unless their fees are 0, i cannot see a logical reason to choosing them

There is a few, but their volume is pretty bad compared to this. You also get some nifty TA settings if that's your thing. Not to mention futures like 1 month and 3 months, which is an undercredited implication for trends in short term trading. I have no idea why anyone would want to buy those contracts though, it's literally gambling unlike perps contracts.

1. Contracts for altcoins in USD instead of BTC.
2. You can have both long and short open on the same instrument, which allows some cool tricks.

>2. You can have both long and short open on the same instrument, which allows some cool tricks.
Heh, that reminds me when i was a noob in the stock market 10 years ago and actually thought 50/50% short/long was a safe bet (by selling out the loser)
Obviously that didn't work too well. I can see the attraction on nr 1 though. But 90% liq is too much for me to use them. How's their volume anyway?

> How's their volume anyway?

BTC Quarterly volume was $22M over the last 24h, I've seen spreads anywhere from $0 to $4 today.

Thanks for the answers. Wish you luck in your trades!

>Then it went down so quickly that even though I had a stoploss set it went through it
this is why you set your limit at a drastically different rate than your stop.
if you don't and liquidity becomes an issue, like all major pumps and dumps, then the price moves so fast that there's not enough coin to trigger everyone's stops.
IIRC bitmex still buys at best-available rate so if you're trying to catch btc going up after it breaks 9k for example, set your stop at 9k and limit at 9050 (less if small volume trader, more if whale).

> futures like 1 month and 3 months
> I have no idea why anyone would want to buy those contracts though

Miners, like with physical commodities.

yep. everyone's like "REEEE SHORT BITCOIN FREE MONEY!!!"
well, if you take your profits in the thing you're shorting,and it goes to $0... congratulations, you have $0.

While i agree with the sentiment, that's not how shorts and longs work. Those are contracts "betting" on the future price, while actual prices move for reasons. A whale shorting a million bitcoins won't fuck any market other than the futures market, which will recover fast due there being hundreds of thousands not thinking like him.

What time frames do you trade in?

It won't go to zero, so:
- short 10% of the stack at 10x
- you are now dollar-neutral

This approach works on any timeframe.

4h to draw meme lines
1min and 5min when watching the price

How do I make stop-loss orders? Say I want to long at 8200 and force-sell stop at 7200... How do I do that why does my screenie say I'm shorting?

Attached: stinky link .png (394x590, 43K)

I got liquidated four times and now I have nothing.
Guess it's time to give up and concentrate on health and music again.

Attached: 1442979589345.png (411x411, 334K)

Since you're long, you can only "sell" short, and the same would apply reversal. Setting stop price at say 7500, while limit at 7400 means that the price will have to drop to 7500 before your order is placed on the market, but won't sell until 7400 obviously.
Same concept in reverse.
TLDR: Buy shorts for 1000, you gotta long 1000 to leave, visa versa

Does anyone remember the whale who lost $10 million trying to short BTC back in January? It just shows you that even rich people are dumb as fuck

Attached: 1413609347053.jpg (225x225, 7K)

i got lidquidation of my 7k starting with 300
i came back and back up 50 percent. im gonna keep going til i pass 7k i dont give up

Good luck. I will personally MAYBE get back next month. Think it's a heavy downtrend for BTC this year.

Bitstamp allows this