Grocery rotisserie chicken

Veeky Forums memes aside about cheap lean protein. The prepared rotisserie chicken has to be the greatest tragedy inflicted on the modern suburban family. They're always bland and dry. can't even swallow the chewed meat with out a sip of water.

That's why you don't eat it by itself and turn it into soups.

Get a cheap rotisserie for your house and make your own rub. Skin is nice and crispy instead of limp and wet, meat is perfect instead of dry. Those grocery store birds sit under heat lamps, ruins them

turn it into soup, add some greens and rice, pasta or even bread and you got a rich, filling and dirt cheap soup. It's the ramen of the west.

Douse it in chicken seasoning.

They smell so fucking good though. and they always smell absolutely wonderful.

I've never gotten one that was dry. You havebto lookbat them before making your selection.

The dark meat is usually great.

I go by Walmart and often get the Rotisserie chicken they had sitting over night in the deli cooler.

They usually mark them down to about $2.50 in the morning

Then I microwave them, for nearly a whole day's worth of food.

Trust me they get juicy. And are often lemon peppered to boot.

People look at me jealously, but only because they didnt think of it first.

> even regular price thats still an okay deal for a full day's worth of food

And I might add a 50 cent italian bread from walmart that was on the bakery overflow rack.

A friend got a bad case of botulism from a rotisserie chicken. I wish he would have died.

>They're always bland and dry
this is why barbecue sauce exists

The ones at kroger are good and joocey

My nigga, walmart discount stuff is dope. When i used to work nights i would go in the morning and have first crack at everything. 6$ prime ribeyes and ny strips my dude.

My brother seems to think they smell terrible

My brother is a fucking idiot

>botulism

Quite doubtful. Botulism bacteria require very low oxygen environments to produce toxin. If he didn't die, at the minimum he would have suffered noticeable nerve damage. I think you mean salmonella.

What? No they aren't

rotisserie chicken isn't for eating you moron. it's for making chicken stock. 60 minutes in the pressure cooker and it's cheaper and better than the finest store-bought pre-made stock

I mean yeah you can make slightly better stock if you buy whole raw chicken and roast half of it and put the other half in raw and later maniacally scrub the salmonella out from under your fingernails for 20 minutes after you're done bleaching the entire kitchen, but it's not really worth the extra effort for a 10% improvement in quality

I immediately quarter them (but eat the oysters), throw them in a marinade that tastes good, then bake them a couple hours later for 30 minutes at 350ºF. I save the backs in a bag in the freezer for stock after I've collected a few.

people probably aren't looking at you 'jealously' desu you probably look like a fat goofy guy eating a whole chicken by himself with a loaf of bread like aladdin or something with your greasy ass fingers and face

The stuffing from those bad boys is one of my guilty pleasures, its so bad...yet soooo good.

So how do you guys eat your rotisserie chicken?

I always eat the tail and the wings as soon as i get home, theyre only good when theyre fresh.

Then i usually make a roll or wrap with one of the breasts. I'll leave the rest to eat over the next day or two. Once the other breast is used, i just reheat the carcas with the thighs/drumsticks and just eat it with my hands like a filthy savage.

gotchu a chicken infection, user?

rofl

Never had a bad costco rotisserie chicken

I worked in a supermarket and used to make these. You gotta get 'em when they're fresh and just come off rotisserie. Otherwise they get dry from sitting in the hot case. And like someone else said get a home rotisserie and make them yourself. I've done that and they're just as good as the store bought ones.

I am sorry yours is awful OP but for me here in Texas they are consistently moist and delicious.

As far as fast food goes you cannot do much better health wise. Yes, it is still awful for your health but still.

>awful for your health

Why would you argue that? Essentially just a baked chicken? Unhealthy is going a bit far.

wat. not the ones i buy at Vons. that stuff is juicy as fuck.
all their other cooked chicken they sell though is bland and dry though like their fried chicken and chicken strips.

>lean

lulz

most people only suffer cross contamination sickness once

you go for years with a cavalier attitude thinking LMAO my stomach is special

then it happens and you realize why sanitation is a thing

then you make sure it doesn't happen again

I'll sometimes pick one up just to split it up for dinner for the family--three of us in total. Very cheap for what it is, and when done I can easily use the bones and leftovers to make a stock. Bland... perhaps a little. Dryness has never been an issue with the store I purchase them from. Just dress them up a bit and they'll be good to go. More often than not, there's a fairly large amount of drippings trapped in the bottom of the package. You could always turn that into a bit of gravy to aide in the bland taste. There's also other sauces you could create to accompany the chicken.

>my stomach is tougher than everyone elses.

I thought like this for a very long time until I contracted salmonella once. You realize very quickly how people die from it. The average 1-3 day stomach flu with vomiting and diarrhea compared to salmonella is like comparing a mild cold to double pneumonia.

For a balanced diet it is very high in salt, and plenty of varieties are high in sugar as well.

Compared to a burger, for example, a chicken is a bastion of health. But it is important to call a spade a spade.

I guess if you peeled the skin off it wouldn't be so bad

I work at a grocer and I save the juices from the drip pans and boil it with water and veg to make a pretty great stock

> with a loaf of bread like aladdin or something

kek of the week my god

i've actually only have good experiences with these. cheap and delicious. of course it doesn't compare to making it at home but what do you expect for a $4 premade item

Costco's are fucking GOAT though.

roasted chicken power rankings

1. Costco
2. Safeway
3. Sobeys
4. Co Op

sometimes sobeys overcooks it for some reason.

I got salmonella or listeria or something a bit ago and that shit is the fucking worst. Not only does it take you completely out of commission for at least one day, usually two and sometimes three, it also clears your gut out so processing shit that normally isn't a problem suddenly becomes stomach-pains-at-2-am material.

Don't get food poisoning. It sucks.

was just gonna post this
dont know what they do but they're always so much better than my local grocer