Mashed Sweet Potatoes

I recently had mashed sweet potatoes and loved them, any of you have any good ways to prepare them?

I have my grandfather's secret recipe, but I'm not allowed to give it out.

im baking some in the microwave to have with my t bone later, gonna top with butter and cimmimon maybe

Then what was the point of making the post you major faggot

Bit of butter and cream, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lime to balance the sweetness. I like to make it smooth and creamy with a hand mixer, but chunky is fine too.

Cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, a little butter

But seriously, do you actually want the recipe?

Post it faggot, disgrace your family

I do, please post it.

i usually add a combination of curry spices that i like into sweet tater mash, and sometimes a bit of coconut milk
very good
never liked the whole cinnamon and nutmeg meme additions

Whipped Sweet Potatoes
3lb. Sweet Potatoes
1 Small Can Crushed Pineapple (with juice)
1/2 Stick Butter (melted)
1 Cup Brown Sugar (1/2 Cup if you prefer less sweet)
1/4 Cup Bourbon
1 tbs. Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and whisk until you get a uniform texture. Pour the mixture into a well greased 12x9 pan and cook for 30 mins@ 350F.

Place marshmallows on top of dish during the last 5 mins of cooking for a toasted delight.

Alternate Topping
Crumble together: Brown Sugar, Butter, and Finely Chopped Pecans and spread evenly over top before cooking.

>marshmallows
>candy for 6 year olds on food

Dropped, amerifat.

Then use the alternate topping, faggot.

sorry but why pineapple?

Gives the dish a citrusy boost while lightening the overall texture.

Your granddad should have taken that recipe to his grave.

actually just tried the alternative topping for a different sweet potato recipe for thanksgiving, highly recommend desu

>Implying bourbon and pineapple aren't the greatest addition to sweet potatoes ever

Alternate topping is very good, but sometimes people don't like nuts (allergies or children)

why the fuck do americans add a bunch of candy to their sweet potatoes? it makes no sense

Perplexes me, too. And it's never regular sugar. They use brown sugar. And that user added pineapple, too. Insane.

>I have my grandfather's secret recipe, but I'm not allowed to give it out.

That's the recipe with his semen as the 3rd ingredient?

How much of his jizz do you have left in the freezer now? Enough for a few more Thanksgivings and Christmases?

it tastes good.

cut into fries and dip into mayo.

Favourite way to use sweet potatoes is to make a ""salad."" Cube up sweet potato with other large "yams" (I think thats what americans call the purple/gold varieties) into small cubes, think maybe 1-2cm, toss with oil and seasonings. Roast in the oven. let cool, finely dice spring onion, add some mayo to how you like it and serve. You can also add other roast veges and its delicious, like carrot, garlic or pumpkin.

sweet potato + mayo not sweet potato + marshmallows you fucking weirdos.

Can someone redpill me on potatoes?
I've heard people saying they're really healthy and you can live solely on potatoes, but I also hear conflicting opinions on it.

sorry we don't eat rotten shark or pickled dicks for our holidays europoors :^)

in what word is brown sugar not regular sugar you double nigger?

you can
i have live on just potatoes for 2 months at a time for quite a while, and my blood work has improved and my fitness at that time improved (massively due to a big increase starches in my diet) during this time.
i was always satisfied, as eating 2500 calories of pure potato is a very large volume of food and potatoes are one of the most satiating starches known.
i supplemented with b12, but that was all. as everyone should.
there is a man who has gone almost a year now on only potatoes and he is better than ever.
i think people assume they are unhealthy because of these misconceptions
1.processed sugar in candy is bad therefore starch/carbohydrates/fruit is bad
2.potatoes arent healthy because the main form that people consume potatoes are fries, potato chips, or slathered in butter/grease. theymake them unhealthy with what they add to them
3.too much focus on not getting enough of one specific nutrient, when in reality, the western world doesnt have an issue with malnutrition, or for example vitamin A deficiency. we have a overnutrition problem.

pavel plz go

my diabeetus radar is tingling
i can tell you have a really healthy diet that leads to disease and loss of life
damn
what a shame

>the western world doesn't have an issue with malnutrition

97% of Americans don't even get enough fiber in their diet, which is piss easy if you eat your fruits and veggies.