What is the verdi/ck/t on Bread Machines?

What is the verdi/ck/t on Bread Machines?

they're okay if you're really lazy and don't mind rectangular bread.

waste of money

What the fuck is wrong with rectangular bread?

I use mine on the dough setting then transfer it to a loaf pan and cook it in the oven. Much better bread & shape of the loaf is more normal.

Also use it to make pizza bases. 10/10 would buy a 2nd hand one again for $30

This. Rectagular is the most logical bread shape.

Don't do it. You're going to get fat pretty fast.

We had one in the family some 10-15 odd years ago. Though it was often used to make pizza dough and not necessarily bread dough itself. As I see it now, they're pretty much a uni-tool that does one thing, allbeit one thing pretty okay. As for possible disadvantages, I'm uncertain how well they would preform with bread you would want to ferment over the course of 24-48 hours. Fermenting bread is a great way to help the bacteria break down sugar even further which makes a healthier bread. It also adds a distinct flavor over more freshly baked breads; one I certainly prefer.

I likely wouldn't buy one. Prefer a little more control over my cooking. If however you're looking for a 'set and forget' method for making your bread it might be right up your alley.

Special snowflakes who just discovered no knead bread think that it's for plebs

Eventually they grow up and realize it's ok, but we have a lot of children here who think baking round bread and cooking spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes is like some seriously next-level CIA shit

I looked for the upvote button and then remembered I wasn't on reddit

you don't miss a feature until you've had it for a while

in one month I've gone from an android using 4channer of 10 years to a redditor with an iphone

I have to say, the old ways aren't necessarily better

>We had one in the family some 10-15 odd years ago. Though it was often used to make pizza dough and not necessarily bread dough itself. As I see it now, they're pretty much a uni-tool that does one thing, allbeit one thing pretty okay. As for possible disadvantages, I'm uncertain how well they would preform with bread you would want to ferment over the course of 24-48 hours. Fermenting bread is a great way to help the bacteria break down sugar even further which makes a healthier bread. It also adds a distinct flavor over more freshly baked breads; one I certainly prefer.
>I likely wouldn't buy one. Prefer a little more control over my cooking. If however you're looking for a 'set and forget' method for making your bread it might be right up your alley.
Dear lord I bet you are have a template to report ja/ck/ threads

Does the 'hide thread' function count?

I hate kneading bread so a bread machine is good in that regard, but you can just get a stand mixer that can knead bread and does a million and one other things and then chuck the bread in the oven.

bread machines are pretty shit.

>not baking 4D tesseract bread

Waste of money. Just take the time to learn to make bread by hand.

Then you can make any type of bread you want in any shape you want in any size you want. The skill also carries over into things like pizza dough or dinner rolls or motherfucking croissants.

>bread machines are pretty shit.
Fuck off. For someone that has never even tried baking it's a friendly introduction to the process and you get to control what you are going to eat. Go be an elitist shitlord somewhere else.

> introduction to the process

No. It introduces you to the mistaken notion that homemade bread is garbage and why bother.

If you have the physical and mental capability to mix ingredients together, dump it on a board, push it around for 8 minutes, and set an oven dial to a specific temperature, you can make excellent bread.

A bread machine will produce slightly inferior quality bread to the wal-mart "fresh baked" loves of paste.

>wal-mart "fresh baked" loves of paste
If you meassure things in inches and temp in F° you can stop posting right now because nobody is ever going to take any advice on cooking from you as a serious opinion. And of it all, you don't get to talk about bread. You were raised on fucking corn based processed shit you didn't even developed the cells to have a decent palate you fat fuck
>inb4 you are not fat
Chances are 85% of your relatives are greassy cunt

great for kneading dough. I don't actually use mine to bake bread anymore.

Are you insane? What part of my bread baking routine wouldn't use a scale and my own cultured wild yeast sourdough starter?

Having said that, when I first started making bread, I used active dry yeast and cup measurements and made damn good loafs. Btw, most of my bread has no added sugar.

Sure, I'm a relatively old amerifat raised on shit food. Although it seems like it sometimes, not every amerifat shutdown their mind when they were 16 years old.

Pls

stop

hitting

the

enter

bar

after

every

phrase

I'm on a phone. I don't even know how it looks on a paleolithic screen. It looks fine on a phone.

Yeah I know. I too shitpost from my phone. Anyway, sorry bro, I have to hate you for doing it, Veeky Forums rules you know