Rate my first ribeye steak sear

Rate my first ribeye steak sear

That shit is raw

everything on that plate looks like shit

You know it's done when it sticks to the wall.

Wear sear. Don't even see any caramelization... just browned meat.
Obviously under cooked, unless you were going for rare.
Large chunk of un-rendered fat. The fat, properly cooked, should melt in your mouth, not be chewy.

Recommendations:
Cook at higher temperature
Sear the sides of your steak
Cook to a Medium or Mid-Rare temperature
Look into butter basting your steak while cooking

Not OP, rate mine...

Op here, made 2 fed the other to my parents, what is the chance of food sickness?

No crust, far too much overcooked grey band, and undercooked middle which looks chewy as fuck. That potato looks like it's been baked for about 20 minutes. Not sure how you could go this wrong.

Potato was cooked for ~ an hour and the texture of the steak ranged from tender to needing a knife

I've never baked a potato for an hour and ended up with raw skin.

It was tasty tho

so was ur mum

Except for the maggot embedded in the meat at the top right (@ 1:00) looks pretty good.

Mad gristle on the coast of Chile

There was zero gristle on this steak.. It's fat.

Best steak I've bought in years...

You didn't even sear it. Looks like you microwaved a frozen steak. That entire dinner is wifey material.
2/10

Looks decent.
6/10

>first
Jesus christ, how old are you? That's pathetic

I've seen worse. Appears mostly edible. As mentioned, use higher heat, also you may need more fat (butter) in your pan. Correct seasoning, as in just a bit more salt than you think necessary can help the sear. Perhaps you did, perhaps not, but also be sure your steak does not have any moisture on the exterior prior to applying to heat. You have a sort of light brown thing going on where you are looking for a dark brown (not burned) crust.

its raw enjoy your ecoli stomach aids worms

>(@ 1:00)

10/10
Rare is perfection

>don't worry about the pleb faggots who only eat dried out pieces of leather

>falling for the sear meme
>not rendering the fat
3/10 would not eat