Poorfag food

>Eat like a poorfag
>Look at other anons' poorfags recipes
>They're not cheap at all. They're actually expensive and a huge waste of money.

The heck? I mean I see people recommending eating McDonalds, but fast food is extremely expensive if you compare it to buying in bulk. Same thing with 99% of meat products, they're all literal theft. All I see is shit like pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sv4nb5VbAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Flour. Water. Salt.

Make hardtack. When I was in uni trying to save about 30% or so of my calories was from hardtack.

Is that slices of mango on top of a slice of pineapple?

Because most poorfags are poor because they don't cook.

I subsist mostly off of potatoes and eggs.

>poor
>fresh fruit

???

You can get fresh fruit if you go to sales at ethnic markets. You just have to dig through lots of bad produce for some good buys. I'm also not too proud to dumpster dive.

Eggs are retarded amounts of cheap protein and calories and keep forever so you can buy them in bulk when they're on sale.

The bagel and sausage are the only weird parts of that picture, but maybe it's a single fried hot dog? Also, making your own bread is stupid cheap, but two jobs don't always leave you with enough time. Also, toasting makes the stale bread you found dumpster diving taste normal.

In season mango is $1 each in NYC. You get an apple for $.50 each. Fruit and vegetable are absurdly cheap if you are not buying them in cellophane boxes.

>shit like pic related

Looks more like they don't know how to shop, much less cook.

>poorfag
>weenies
>no apples
>no broccoli
>no chicken
>no bell peppers
>no onions of any kind

Poorfag here. I've been living off pea soup for the last 4 days. Total cost $0.5 for 4 days eating.

The hell is that in the top right?

integradients?

My diet is like 90% red lentils and potatoes. Come at me bruh.

Muh nigga. I love me some split pea soup, so cheap and when you refrigerate it the starches get super thick so you can just keep adding more and more water overtime you reheat it up and it lasts forever until you're basically just drinking green water but you fucking like it.

Stews, soups, polenta, pasta, grains...

You know you need more than peas to get by, right? For one you need more protein, so you'd be better off with lentils or beans. Eventually you're going to need some meat in there, so either eggs or chicken. For micronutrients you're going to need a variety of veggies like broccoli.

Fix that shit up or you're going to get nutrient deficiency.

>more protein
If you eat pea soup all day, that's over 100g of protein.

i made that shit when i was po. used to drop it in my cup of tea to soften and eat i after i drank the tea

hnng so good

anyway pic related has a cooking thread

But it's not a "complete protein". ie all 9 amino acids.

Just because Im poor doesnt mean i should further hate my life be eating the same bland but cheap foods day after day.

I'm on Veeky Forums because I LIKE food and I LIKE cooking. I enjoy flavours. If I had some spare money after paying bills and adding to my savings, i'd rather blow it on making a nice dish to enjoy than putting it into savings and eating handfuls of lentils.

This... potatoes, eggs, rice and beans are all relatively cheap. Buy meat only if it's on sale

are you saying that information you got from Veeky Forums might be wrong?

ground breaking!

Who cares about complete protein, you think people back in the day were thinking "hmm i need complete proteins in my diet!"

OP just eat a varied diet with different veggies n fruits from ethnic markets and you'll be fine.

If you want good, tasty poorfag diet, go to prisonfagdiet. My buddy got out of the can after a year and introduced me to prison spread. Cheap as fuck and purdy good.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sv4nb5VbAY

Rice, beans, potatoes and a bit of fruit
The poor fag poverty diet is also one of the healthiest
Those who dine like kings die like kings.
With gout, high blood pressure and heart disease

$20 a week makes a $1 fruit really expensive

Is this a meme? Do you even know about the krebs cycle or digestion in general? Any protein source is deaminized and deficient amino acids are made by the body at a slower rate with only a few exceptions. Similarly not having enough carbs/sugars will result in neoglucogenesis as glucose is produced from carbon based molecules from fats and proteins. and everyone knows about lipid production from excess resources. The body is hard to kill off so long as there are some sources of carbs (sugar), amino acids (Protein) and lipids (the shit your mother's made of).

I'm not happy with the sounds of dying cats you've presented.

Depends I guess one mango is enough for me as breakfast, considering coffee costs nearly nothing, a mango and a cup of coffee is a 1dollar breakfast for me

0,5$ for an apple is expensive I can get a kg of them for about 3€.

how many apples in a kilo for you? currently 3€ would buy 6-7 apples for the $0.5 per apple which going by the average weight of 1/3 lb per apple or roughly 1/6 kg then these prices match up almost exactly.

About 9 apples per kilo.

Yeast can be bought very cheaply, and it's all you'd need (in addition to flour, water, and salt) to make an actual loaf of bread. Why bother with hardtack?

I also eat mostly beans and grains, but with some gluten (bought in bulk, it's fairly cheap) and make seitan since it's cheaper than meat. This one was gluten, mashed potato, broth (made with bouillon), sausage spices (ground fennel, dill seed, garlic powder, sage, parsley), and canola oil.

>apple
>1/3 lb

lol what?
An apple weighs at most 150 grams. Average by species

Honeycrisp: 80 grams
Fuji: 90 grams
Stockholm Snap: 20 grams
Braeburn: 90 grams
Granny Smith: 100 grams
Pippin: 40 grams
Golden Delicious: 50 grams
Christmas Tinsel: 130 grams
Bramley: 600 grams
Lentil Puff: 10 grams
Gala: 20 grams
Jonared: 100 grams
Coconut (is a species of apple amazingly: 150 grams

>hardtack

>Gala: 20 grams
>Stockholm Snap: 20 grams
>Lentil Puff: 10 grams
idiot

You could also not buy yeast and make sourdough

>Any protein source is deaminized and deficient amino acids are made by the body at a slower rate with only a few exceptions
Yes, it's those 9, thus essential amino acids.

>Why bother with hardtack?

That user is most likely too dumb/impatient to let it leaven. Without sugar, that is.

beans, water, salt, garlic, eat for a week off that shit.