Fml

oi m8 i am getting dickered with a bunch of cats and gonna cook a steak or something, join me and lets fuck some shit up!

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eHso8_0-BK0
youtu.be/bSL4cmFW_GU
youtube.com/watch?v=jijGzNrn3g8
youtube.com/watch?v=MegK4YXKWzw
rickbayless.com/a-roasted-tomatillo-enchiladas-recipe-to-know-by-heart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

Nothing wrong with your cat blog, user, but you shouldn't be encouraging people to post OC in a general when there's 200 fast food and meme threads...

What?

He's saying OC and cook-alongs shouldn't be contained to one thread, which i'm pretty sure isn't OP's intention.

some people don't like to make threads user, their OC would be appreciated in this thread, and if they do make a cook along thread they are welcome to promote it ITT

yes I encourage anybody to make a cook along, i always monitor OC threads no matter the quality and participate when I can

pic is from a place called chula's, it's basically a hooters with hoodrats
>yes i had a burger and chili chz dog fite me

Pretty much this.

Yeah, I understand if some people don't wan't to make their own threads; I just think it would be better if everyone did, so there was at least the illusion of some kind of balance on the board between actual food and cooking and garbage threads.

Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. I usually at least am lurking your threads, if not sometimes posting in them.

no problem m8, just wanted to make it clear im not trying to hog all the OC for this thread, i just dont want any potential OC to go to waste

potato vodka user should def keep making threads shit was cash

gonna do some dishes and let this steak warm up a bit, I am not usaually a fan of NY strips but I was in cheap mode and this looked kinda fatty so did it

/r/eddit is around the corner to the left!

For me it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

youtube.com/watch?v=eHso8_0-BK0

ok steaks gettin room temp, just puttin some smoked serrano sea salt on it, will add a bit of pepper when the steaks almost done

you are so edgy i could have used you to cut these sprouts m8

so these dirty bastard beers are potent as fug

was gonna make some of my go-to mexican elotes corn shit but somehow I have no corn in the apt, on further inspection i found me this here carrot and google tells me i can make it work

Funny buzzword

Wish i could buy you some reddit gold

Kek.
Get rekt, faggot.

UBoTed

OP, don't let this dick-infested man-matress shitpost your thread onto oblivion.

no worries bro the only reason i havent been posting as much recently is cuz ive been working 60+ hour weeks lately, not a lot of time to cook or anything else, if i wasnt ready for some shitposting i wouldnt be on the 4chins

Does your cat always jump on the counter when you're cooking? If so, then that's cute

naw when i get groceries she gets all antsy and i put her there and take her pic, sometimes i have to put her there and pretend to take her pic just to calm her jimmies

bout to start stuff but in the middle of this post i almost started a fire gimme a minute

got caught up in the heat of the moment and forgot to take pics srry

was good, would have been better if it was a ribeye

>in the middle of this post i almost started a fire

How?

Did you pan fry it or bake it or what? Genuinely curious. For some reason when i cook steaks any other way other than bbq they always turn out horribly and i dont know what im doing wrong.

Good thread OP nice to see some cats and some oc.

Not Op but I'm a huge proponent of the reverse sear method, never fails for me. Oven on a very low heat for 15 minutes then 20-30 secs either side in a hot pan

Thanks senpai, will try this today

So I had this for dinner the other night at a restaurant in town. Does this qualify for fine dining? Have any of you tried cooking a whole fish like this before?

Step one draw a circle

Step two draw the rest of the fucking owl

Very low heat is the key, gas mark 1/2, around 80c and whatever that is in farenheit.

Have it that way all the time here in Thailand. Except when it's cooked in the oven with lime juice, chilli and garlic, or stuffed with lemongrass.

All the time, fantastic barbecue dish. People are scared a bit of whole fish I think, but it's really no effort at all, you can even get your fish monger to do all the gutting work for you.

The thumbnail for this steak almost looks like the US without New England.

Holy fuck op. People were worried about you.

There was even a thread speculating you had been arrested for smoking the ganja or evicted because you had so many cats.

WHEW LAD.

Thank god you and Patti are back

How do you go about eating something like this? The bones are still in right? Do you eat the skin? The face?

I ate in my car for the first time

Usually I explicitly forbid anything but water in my car but that subway was in the ghetto and was full of niggers and I left my soul snatcher at work

Turkey, American cheese, lettuce, pickles, banana peppers, and mayo.

The perfect fast food sandwich

Hey OP, pet your puss-puss, plz.

Will post my heavy dieting food tomorrow.
It will look delicious I promise

Who /cookoff4tomorrow/ here?
Found some pork loin in the freezer, thawed it and fried it with ginger and coriander. Cooked some brown calrose rice and garlic veggies up for tonight and tomorrow. Will season the dish with chili pepper, habenero.

Yup, bones still in and head still on. Thais are rubbish at butchery and prepping fish - no nice sanitised boneless fillets here. I was allergic to fish as a kid but have grown out it now, so never had much experience of eating unless it was canned tuna or salmon. Seafood was OK.
So, because they have their fish whole, (but obvs. guts removed) Thais are very experienced (unlike me) at working their spoon under the flesh to lift of the meat from the bones. OK, you might get a few smaller bones with it, but I got used to that. They will eat the cheeks (they say the meat is sweeter and it is) and my wife will even break open the head to eat the brain. There's not a lot left of a fish when a Thai gets their hands on it.
Like I said, no sanitised Western ways for them. I'll have to take some photos at the local big market and post them here so you get the idea.

> American cheese

Oxymoron

That looks good. I love stir-fried mixed veggies, despite being a big meat-eater. Put a glug of oyster sauce and mushroom soy sauce in there too. Makes a big difference.

it's not cute, it's filthy

I miss having a pet around when I cook
[spoiler]I miss having pet period ;_;[/spoiler]

I'm on a calorie deficit, other wise I'd sauce it up. Preferably I'd fry the rice with some nuts and an egg.

It is fucking cold and snowing tonight and will through tomorrow.

Since I have some shrimp I need to use, gonna make some Gulf Coast seafood gumbo. Missing tomatoes, those go in there too.

Kitty is camera shy today.

Drinking an amazing Belgian I look forward to every year, Corsendonk

Pain in the ass prep, worth the taste though. Keep shrimp shells. If you have heads, even better. Save them.

Kitty lingers now that the sweet smell of shrimp is in the air.

You can put it in your bum senpai

That's a good steak user

Almost forgot to remove the poop shoot. Hate this part.

Sauté shells in butter and a dash of salt. Then bring to a boil in a quart or a bit more of water. Lower to simmer for 20 mins.

Start that labor of love--the roux. Have to get it to a caramel color.

Sauté the Holy trifecta of Creole (celery, onion, green bell pepper).

Roux still going...and going...probably for another 30 mins

Halfway there...like I said, it is a process

>THAT FUCKING SMUG AF CAT

Christ.

I can't tell if you have woman's hands or not

i didnt know u bang screw. hell yeah playa

youtu.be/bSL4cmFW_GU

All I can think of now. Thanks.
Almost there with the roux, takes forever. Is usage of flour in sauce bases affected by altitude like it is with baking?

Dammit, pic related. Needs to be just a bit darker.

Thank God I don't work tomorrow. Both because this is taking so long and it is snowing really hard atm.

lol I remember that one

Smelling nutty now, the sweet spot between perfect and burned to ruin. Bout to add it to the veggies. Sautéed the okra and tomatoes to add. Then put it and the sauté base into the shrimp broth.

A tad light in color, but it smells right so I'm gonna go with it. Added some hot sauce and a bit more Cajun seasoning.

Switched to whiskey. This stuff is amazing, and you can only buy bottles from this barrel from one local liquor store.

Gotta add that filé in the last half hour or simmering. Isn't the same without.

This is completely off topic, but how did you get your cat to chill out when you're cooking?

My kitten (5 months old) is a big climber. He loves stomping all over my kitchen counter and stove when I'm cooking. For now, I'm putting him in his carrier so he can chill and watch me cook safely. When will he calm the fuck down?

Done. Tastes amazing, better than it looks. Though u suppose that's any gumbo.

Fuck that looks good.

I've never had gumbo.

I really want to go to Louisiana before I die

Gumbo is pretty easy to make wherever you live, user. The only ingredients that might be difficult to find are okra/file and andouille.

I've only been to Louisiana once (my pops is from there - not OP, btw - and makes gumbo and jambalaya all the time), and the one thing I always wanted to try is a real muffuletta, which seems difficult to replicate.

Making some mac and cheese.

Got hit in the balls for the first time on my adult life last night and just want to drink the shame and embarrassment away for the rest of the day

You can definitely make it, just don't get impatient. #1 way novice gumbo makers screw up. It takes forever, but is worth it. And easy if you just follow recipes.

As you can see from the weather I posted, I'm definitely nowhere near Nawlins. But I still found the same brand of Filé out here.

He will in a year or two. If you want a calm cat you do not want a young cat.

i was heating up my skillet and got sidetracked, them dirty bastards got me a bit crunk

i used my cast iron skillet, havent had the time to get my propane tanks filled in a while, i like the skillet except it get my apt kinda smokey cuz my exhaust fan is potatoes

id say it is fine dining judging by them fancy pants city boy salt and pepper shakers, i never get fish like that because i feel like id have bones in every bite

i know it was not very educational srry

i choose my meat based on shape and nothing else:)

lol no worries, ive just been working like a madman, i wasnt gonna make another thread till after xmas but i had some free time so fuck it, im glad some of you care tho lol thx

true story my first car was a 1989 toyota corolla and I discovered it had a whole colony of ants in it once on my way to a camping trip with a cake in the backseat almost crashed that bitch, you are on thin ice m8 be careful

2 steps ahead m80

sounds good, is there something going on today i wasnt aware of?

m8 if you have room go adopt a kitter, there are cute little kittys being put down every day or even adopt an older cat they need love too
youtube.com/watch?v=jijGzNrn3g8

this thread isnt all about what u want m8

thx friend

m8 i probably have one of the most extensive digital screwed and chopped/houston/tx rap collection in existence, like i seriously have a problem its time consuming but i love it

absolute madman

Patti is a attention whore and loves it, my oldest cat wants nothing to do with these types of shenanigens, and giblet the kitter is going to be a problem soon, ill probably need a squirt gun for her shes batshit insane

that looks so dank, i used have relations with a cajun and her grandma made some friggin gr8 food, especially gumbo, never made it but i may need to try it

pls explain this ball hitting scenario, hope it was accidental that shits part of life

pic related is from last week after a 13 hour shift lay off

will cook soon

doing a small pile of dishes and getting str8 dickered m8s then will be putting these tomatillos to use

youtube.com/watch?v=MegK4YXKWzw

so i took the husks off and washed the sticky shit off, put em on a pan with some peppers onions and a grip of 'lic and imma stone cold stun that kunt right under the broiler on high until it starts to blister and flip it yada yada

salsa/enchilada sauce is the name of the game

How did it taste?

I remember a place (I think it was in LV) that had crispy cream cheeseburgers

Never tried one

alright lads
i made a vegan chilli
i put navy beans in it
and decided to put in loads of thinly sliced, cooked potato
topped with nutritional yeast
it is very spicy
and extremely comfy.
it is satisfying my cravings and making losing weight nice and easy

srry yall having issues posting will continue after work hopefully

the concept is pretty good ive had good ones, the frozen walmart one was shit but i was dead tired

I eagerly await the finished salsa. I've done this several times and always comes out a little too chunky for my tastes. Is adding water in while blending a necessity? How you do?

Glad to see you're back OP.

sounds decent id try it m8

:)

the consistency kind of depends on what type of salsa youre making, this uses tomatillos and theyre juicy enough that it comes out good imo, i use rick bayless' roasted tomatillo salsa recipe, i can also modify it slightly afterwards to make a salsa verde enchilada sauce, which is in my plans if i get to it

decent blender might help too

is good

looks gud

Kek.

Pretty good, eh? For Walmart meme food at least.

thx its pretty much taco truck tier which is what i was shooting for

frozen whitecastle was better imo but ill eat whatever when hungry enough

so i also broke down a chicken lastnight

gonna pop the breasts in the oven a while bone-in to make some eazy peezy shredded chicken, will probablt freeze the rest of the bird

> so i also broke down a chicken last night

Hi, Gordanon

lol

alright this is the chickin i ate a little lastnight and gave some to Giblet and put everything in the fridge, will use it for an easy dinner after work later

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON MAKING THESE GARBAGE THREADS? YOURE JUST ABOVE THE MCHICKEN IN TERMS OF CK MEMES.

OP you sure eat a lot of birds

Your not a nigger are ya?

SHUT UP

frigg off ricky

Fucking perfect.

Fuck you and your dead mother right in the ass.

Dry.

And your drugged up father, fuck him too.

rickbayless.com/a-roasted-tomatillo-enchiladas-recipe-to-know-by-heart/

made the enchiladas, pretty simple i am probably not rick bayless

ceasar salad might be a mexican dish so made it too

noice

That looks good af m8.

What do you do for a living op? Are you a cook? How did you learn?

I've live alone for several years and am JUST now starting to learn at 28.

> White bread, very neat, no strewn vegetables or at least anything coming out sides of bread. 3 topping subs from Subway, user?
> Doesn't eat in car.

Autism /bro/? Is that you?

will post some pics from today

did some couch hunting with a few friends then we hit buffalo bayou brewery had like 100 beers cuz all these normies on a tour bus gave us a ton of tokens, ate stuff from a waffle food truck, this was a chicken and waffle sandwich with thunder sauce we also had thunder waffle fries

that was wrong pic that was from los cucos where we finished the evening

pic is waffle stuff