Trout

So, i bought those trouts yesterday, but the problem is that ive never cooked fish in my life.
Gimme some good, idiot-proof reciped for cooking trout lads

Other urls found in this thread:

foodandwine.com/recipes/salt-baked-whole-fish
youtube.com/watch?v=qHtgJn31Ic0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make a McFish, the best fast food sandwich.

Pan fry skin down with some oil and herbs. Don't overcook.

They're probably best smoked, but if you don't have a smoker you can use an outdoor grill. Stuff the cavity with lemon slices and fresh herbs, rub the outside with oil. Place the fish on a very hot, very clean and well-oiled grill. It doesn't take long to cook each side and as long as the grates are clean and oiled, it won't stick.

Stuff whole fish w 3 cloves garlic, 2 sprigs thyme, 2 rosemary, sml knob butter. Cover in foil, 15 mins at 180, uncover 10-15 at 150. Open up, debone, serve w tartare sauce and lemon. Piss easy, used to eat rainbows like this all the time.

Fucking dumbass.

I have a small BBQ, but its kinda shit, could i do the same, but cook it in a pan?

Also, friend of mine tild me he uses orange slices instead of lemon, is that good?

>foil

DONT fucking put it in foil OP, it fucking boils it and it becomes tastless.
Otherwise, i agree about the thyme, god-tier with trout

put a few slices of lemon inside the cavity
salt & pepper, nearly excessively
wrap tightly with 2 or 3 strips of bacon (will not cover entire surface)
bake ~20 minutes @ 400F on rack

You could cook it in a pan or roast in the oven. Orange would probably work just as well as lemon. I have not tried it myself, though.

If you're feeling a bit adventurous, you could try baking it in salt like this recipe: foodandwine.com/recipes/salt-baked-whole-fish

If done properly, it's come out well-seasoned but not overly-salty.

Heres my recipe, its prolly shit, but r8 anyway Veeky Forums

I smash some garlic with some salt, a tea spoon of olive oil and apple vinegar into a paste
Poor good amount of olive oil on the trout itself
Spread the garlic paste all inside
Salt and pepper
Thyme or oregano(preferebly fresh, but you can go use dried too)
Put lemon slices
Bake in oven.

Also, DONT fucking remove the skin

Pouch with foil or parchment
Stuff/cover with:
Lemon
Dill
Olive oil/butter
S&P

Listen here kids
>get 2 trouts
>pepper and salt
>onion
>garlic
>olive oil
>fresh rosemary
>lemin slices
>Chop all that shit and put inside the fish
>slice 4-5 potatoes and 2 carrots
>put in a deep pan with some olive oil
>place the fish on top
>pout a glass of white wine
>bake that shit in the oven

Easy as fuck amd god tier tasting trout tb h

trout>salmon

prove me wrong

never heard of trout sushi faggot

also salmon meat looks like an artistic rendering of a vagina.

trout looks like the inside of the creaturething han solo killed to use a meat sleeping bag.

kys weebshit

He can't be much of a weeb if he's never heard of trout sushi.

Trout with hericot verts and almonds with browned butter sauce. Saute fish skin side down in non-stick pan (never flip) glaze some carrots in butter, brown some butter with almonds. pour on the top of fish to finish cooking during plating.

To be fair, freshwater fish are less commonly served as sushi because they are at a higher risk for transmitting parasites than their saltwater counterparts.

I mean the chances are still incredibly small, but thats why they are less common.

they're less commonly served *raw*, but they certainly are used (both raw and cooked). It's not that freshwater fish aren't used in sushi, it's that freshwater fish are often cooked first.

Also, there are several fish that are commonly served as sushi that are in the trout family but aren't typically called "trout" due to differences in Japanese and western names for fish.

almost correct ,only you missed 3 slices of onion and 1 less clove garlic.
If you want the extra crusty skin ,open up the foil after 25 min or so ,then you have the fish already cooked and can have a nice crispi skin after 5 mins.
>im a fish farmer who prepares over 600kg of fish a day

This doesnt siund idiot proof, user

It's a one sided saute...

These American weeaboos in the thread make me laugh.

Trout is a very 'earthy' fish and needs a strong
accompaniment .

Ignore the Japanese idiots and the American idiots.

Cook the trout in foil in a hot oven, wrapped in foil, serve with potatoes and fried onions . . .NOT sweated onions but fried really quick, browned but firm, you need to keep the acidity.

>Cook the trout in foil in a hot oven, wrapped in foil
Braised skin on fish sounds so unappetizing.

Yep. It's the sign of a newbie cook who hasn't figured out two things:

1) the fish is so much better with crispy skin from dry-heat cooking
and
2) the foil-in-the-oven thing is a version of steaming that takes a lot more effort and energy.

>Braised skin on fish sounds so unappetizing.
>sounds so
Do you know how stock is made?

It may sound bad to you but cooking together makes a better flavour.

I take it you are just another American that has never cooked anything but watched a lot of You-Tube videos eh?

What does making stock have to do with the fact that soggy fish skin is nowhere near as tasty as crispy skin?

>>but cooking together makes a better flavour.
That applies to any method of cooking a whole fish rather than just a fillet. Pic related is my personal favorite. And the nice thing is that it can be fully prepared in less time than it takes to pre-heat the oven.

I refer you to this comment.

No, quite the opposite actually. I've been seriously into cooking for about 15 years now.

The comment you referred me to didn't answer my question, nor did it address any of the other comments.

Fish cooked in foil in the oven is babby's first recipe. Nothing wrong with it (except the soggy skin), but it could be done so much better other ways (that still preserve the flavors of the whole fish, bone-in and everything).

foil in the oven is easy, lazy, and mediocre. Why settle for that?

I prefer cooking trout on the grill, give it a light coat of oil, cover it in coarse salt, stuff it with lemons and garlic and then grill it over a low heat.

Don't put it directly on the grill or it will stick to the metal, use one of those grilling pans.

>Don't put it directly on the grill or it will stick to the metal, use one of those grilling pans.
Thanks for the advice. Keep up the good work.

You could have cooked Trout for 5,000 years but you have have obviously been bad at it.

If you can't realise that Trout is not the same same as other fish, then you are beyond redemption.

You may think that Trout is a a new fish in America but most of the world has eaten it before your country was even invented.

Remove head (!), roll in flour, season with salt and pepper, pan-fry skin down. Serve with rice and vegetables.

There are other good ideas in this thread too but this is the simplest.

Trout works great for gravlax.

>remove head

stopped reading here

Rub Salt, pepper, olive oil and cook in an oven. Squeeze lemon on top and eat.

barbarian...

Plebeian...

Foil over a cookie sheet.
Spray with oil, place fish skin side down.
Place thyme, garlic, onion and cheese.
Bake at 350, checking every so often until cheese browns.
Enjoy fish.

>remove head

Literally no one removes the head from trout before cooking. Dropped.

Throw it in the oven and call it toefurkey

The fuck are you on about? I cut the head off immediately and toss it into the lake. So does every other civilized person.

>not catch and release
>civilized

faggot.

Oh, I get it now. You're one of the fucking Okies that moved to Oregon, and apply the same standards you have for catfish to trout. You white trash fuckwad, get out of my state.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHtgJn31Ic0

yeah, i'm sure you'd prefer more california transplants, you daft cunt.