How do you cook your chicken breasts (with skin and bones)...

How do you cook your chicken breasts (with skin and bones)? I usually just put them in oven with some curry seasoning on, sure could use some variation.

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-roasting-and-baking-word-of-mouth-211695
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

slice thinly, soak in milk for a few hours to tenderize it and then dip in egg and breadcrumbs.

I just realized you were talking about bone-in. I usually season with salt and pepper\garlic powder\onion powder, then put a few slices of butter under the skin so that it gets nice and crispy.

Who cooks chicken breasts in the oven man?

OP does.
Are you having reading comprehension issues again?

I have no idea, but it seems fucking common. I get the opinion that people with very basic cooking skills just toss everything into the oven even when it doesn't make a lot of sense to do so. It's commonly done with fish as well. Whenever I ask about why people choose that method the usual answer is "dunno, that's just what I do".

Missing the point. the obvious implication is "that doesn't sound like a very good idea, please explain why you choose the oven instead of something different"?

>Who cooks chicken breasts in the oven man?
It's called roasting.

Either sear them in a pan first then transfer to the oven to finish cooking, or grill them over wood (ideally) or charcoal.

Nope. it's called baking.

Same way I do my steak

without the JBs though

Incorrect. Baking refers only to things that change structure while in the oven, like bread, a rising souffle, popovers, or a cake. If the food doesn't change structure--as with poultry, meat, fish, vegetables, etc, --then roasting is the correct term.

Do you live in the 1800's?

>Baking refers only to things that change structure while in the oven
Utter horse shit
Why are you on a food and cooking board?

Because I know what I'm talking about, faggot.

Don't get mad because your personal beliefs don't match reality.

thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-roasting-and-baking-word-of-mouth-211695

Also see the 2nd volume of Modernist Cuisine.

Me when i cba to use the pan and clean up afterwards, which is often.

It's easy way to do it and leaves the skin crispy and meat juicy.
By all means share your correct way to do it.

>baking chicken

You're an idiot, son. English obviously is not your first language.

>Because I know what I'm talking about
Clearly not.
If you apply heat to any food you change it's structure.
Now get back to /tv/ or /b/ or whichever shithole you came from you cross board, shit-posting troll.

English is stupid. Why do you Bake a ham but roast a chicken?

If you're getting the skin crispy and the meat juicy then by all means carry on! The problems I've seen are that most people can't hit that magic combination in which the skin is crispy and the meat is properly cooked. Chicken breast has a very fine line between being properly cooked and overcooked-and-dry. Matching that timing with getting the skin crispy is not easy. 99% of the "oven roasted chicken breast" I've been served has either had soggy skin or the meat was overcooked and dry.

I suggest cooking it in a pan because that way it's easier to monitor the cooking process while you do it. You can adjust the heat as needed to make sure you get both the crisp skin & tender meat. It's also faster and uses less energy than the oven. Easier, faster, cheaper.

>2016
>Calling out the shitposters
Doing God's work user.

>If you apply heat to any food you change it's structure.

So If I warm up a carrot from fridge-cold to "Warm" I changed it's structure? Please explain.

Not him but application of heat causes expansion.
This is a structural change.

But user, electrons are orbiting the nucleus of an atom, that's a structural change also.

>This is a structural change.

Clearly not the type implied earlier in the discussion. You're just being deliberately obtuse and pedantic at this point.

Even a fucking child can see how the rising and "setting" of a moist bread dough, cake batter, or souffle is different from cooking a piece of meat, and hence the difference in terms.

see

What does that post imply, exactly? News flash: people often use words incorrectly and inconsistently. It is wrong to say "bake a ham", though some people do so anyway. That doesn't mean they are correct for using the terminology that way.

Kitchen terms get butchered often. A great example is "pot roast". Originally, that was a literal roast: dry heat cooking in an oven. Nowadays the term "pot roast" usually refers to a braised dish, not a "roast" at all.

>Roasting meat does not give rise to structural change in the food.
Fuck off.

Not the same type we're talking about, user. Turn down your pedant-o-meter, spergboy.

>ITT
>spergs
>shitposters
>weebs
>faggots
Classic Veeky Forums thread really.
I continue to observe.

>What does that post imply, exactly?
It means you're wrong and that bake and roast means the same thing.

It may sound pedantic, but it's really a matter of education in the nuances of the English language. To a non-native speaker, it seems like the same thing - put something in the oven and cook it. That's one of the reasons oven dials say "bake." A lot of non-native speakers buy ovens.

But when you're educated and English is your native language, you've done enough reading and interacted enough with native speakers to recognize the difference.

Most non-native speakers seem willing to learn the nuances when they're pointed out to them, but you seem particularly obstinate. If you don't mind my asking, what country are you from?

I butterfly the breasts, season and fry in oil and butter.

When it's perfectly cooked I think about removing them from the heat...

"maybe a couple more minutes just to be sure..."

I overcook them every fucking time.

Get an instant read thermometer this Christmas, takes the guesswork out of it

>what country are you from?
US. But we don't have slave "spit boys" anymore, and instead use a convection oven. Thus we use bake and roast to mean the same thing.

in the oven until tender, with rice and salt and some peas, healthy but bland, but sometimes just what I want.

or throw it in the soup

or roll it up in bacon and put in oven

andor cut up leftovers thin, throw in a pan with onion, bacon, garlic, veggies and rice and curry

Pound those motherfuckers flat, dredge in flour and fry in lard. Also fry french frys and make a salad. Put it all on a plate and eat it while watching the boca juniors.

>slave "spit boys" anymore

Oh, you mean after 1964.

Yes, but it's coming back soon.

>buying chicken tits with the bone in

>not knowing airline cuts are the superior butchers cut to shitty plain chicken tits.

>chickens lactate
Retard.