Banoffee Pie

Any recipes you guys recommend?

Need some help from bongs (or anyone else who has made this with success). I'm a shitty cook but tried making this because it looks really tasty.

Other urls found in this thread:

saveur.com/article/Recipes/Banoffee-Pie-Classic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is the recipe I tried, it sucked (or I fucked it up?)
saveur.com/article/Recipes/Banoffee-Pie-Classic

Melted some butter

Added the brown sugar

Stirred until it blended. My brown sugar was that goofy thick granular nature shit so probably not ideal

Added the condensed milk. Needed a bigger pan just made it

After boiling it I poured it into pre made crust since didnt have "digestive biscuits" at my market. Guess I need to amazon those.

Copped it in the fridge

Bananas sliced, whipped cream and shaved some chocolate.

Cooled*

And it sucked. Way too much toffee, just too rich. Also I think I fucked up making the toffee because it was too liquid. Maybe didn't boil it enough?

Edible but not great. Time to try again.

Suggestions?

just remove the label and submerge the whole can in a pot of water and keep it on the boil for 2.5hrs

remove from water, drape with tea towel, open can

it's already toffee

You are supposed to wait for cream and toffee to settle and solidify

I hope you die of cancer

This is how you fucked up.

oh boy...

I did. I let it cool in the fridge for two hours.

wow rewd!

I see Amazon has them, so going to order. Thinking I'd buy a premade crust and then just line it with the digestive biscuits?

you need to keep the condensed milk boiling longer and keep stirring it and add some gelatine

Graham crackers are equivalent.

Thanks. That must be why it was so soft.

Oh great! I used a graham cracker crust but it wasn't thick enough so might pad it with more next time.

You have to let it thicken longer before putting it in the graham cracker crust. It's true of all custards.

While boiling? Or in the fridge? I thought once it was cooled that was about as thick as it gets and that how I screwed up was not boiling it enough

>two hours

You are supposed to let it set overnight you mong.

After boiling, letting it set in the pot or another bowl until it's lukewarm should be long enough to feel it resist more with a wooden spoon.

Thanks!

I had a hearty chuckle.
I love when amateur cooks just throw in the towel, it's amazingly funny.

Why are Americans so fucking retarded?

>time to try again
yep, sure sounds like hes giving up

uh he's clearly australian you obsessed faggot

looks like a tasty pie, will research with you op.

seems like the main thing is too much toffee. the picture you have in your op has more whip cream, and just above the crust has more bananas, then just a thin layer of toffee which is probably a better route that the recipe you used.