I'm tired of eating rice, Veeky Forums. I'm from SEA, and in here all people from children to adults always eat rice...

I'm tired of eating rice, Veeky Forums. I'm from SEA, and in here all people from children to adults always eat rice. I've had enough of it. I want to eat some western foods like what you guys ate. What are simple western foods that I can make easily? I've tried making toast, grilled cheese, boiled potatoes, sunny side eggs, scrambled eggs, etc. But somehow they aren't as filling as rice. Is there some secrets to make some easy and filling western foods?

pasta is the easiest desu

Have you tried a salad?

Steak hash is good, easy, and filling. It's just diced potatoes with diced steak and green peppers fried in a pan. Add garlic powder toward the end and top it with eggs prepared however you want.

Baked beans have no place on a cooked breakfast, they're a tool of the Jew to ensure that there is no place for the black pudding.

boil the potatoes

then dice them up

and fry them in your skillet

then add diced bacon and/or whatever meat you have leftover from last night

serve with two eggs sunny side up and a shitload of worcestershire sauce

P A S T A
A
S
T
A

>toast
>grilled cheese
>somehow they aren't as filling as rice
I hear ya, I can eat a whole packet of those white toast slices with no problems, not even joking. I'm not even fat either. Try more rustic or darker breads, they are more filling.

You'll want to replace a staple with a staple. You can do a million and one things with a potato. You said you had them boiled, but that's pretty boring. Try a twice-baked potato, potatoes O'Brien, latkes--something like that. I'd suggest potatoes au gratin, but that'll depend on how well you handle cheese.

Corn is another common food that comes in unlimited varieties. I don't even know where to start.

Rice farmer, I'm going on a journey and I need your strongest rice recipes.

They only sell instant pasta here. The kind that you boil them and add the sauce, just like ramen.

I did, the dressing is kinda expensive though.

>diced potatoes
I'll try that.

Can't find that kind of bread here. Most stores only have the regular white bread. I couldn't even get french bread to make french toast before. So I had to make do with white bread.

>corn
You boil them like in salad?

Try barley, pasta or potatoes. They're all easy to boil and just as filling as rice. Barley specially is rich in fiber, protein and carbs.

>rice recipe
All you have to do is cook it in a pot or the easiest way, use rice cooker. Or are you referring to recipes like fried rice or something?

Go with potatoes then
Roast them in the oven with olive oil, garlic and herbs
Or try mashed potatoes

It'll depend on what you have access to. Whole corn, corn kernels, grits, corn flour, premade tortillas, etc. It's funny, I visited France to see a friend and they had a small section in the grocery store for Tex-Mex. It wasn't very good. But if you've only got kernels, try succotash or corn soup or something like that. You can always cut them off the cob if you need to.

What do you think of the assortment of teas desu

Flour + Water + Egg + Sugar (Optional) + Chocolate bits (Optional) + Cinnamon powder (Optional)

Mix till it has the consistency of sauce

Let sit for an hour

Pan fry in grass-fed butter (or coconut oil if you have issues with dairy)

You've just made a pancake.

>bags of shit
End yourself

Also of SEA origin here. If you are eating a lot of rice, then you are likely from the south-ish part?

Anyways, have you access to an oven? Do a nice chicken with some potato, carrot, etc. in the oven? If you don't have experience baking things, try looking up recipes to get a sense of what temperature is good, keep in mind of pre-heating oven, etc.

World cuisine GENERALLY revolve around some sort of starch source, as they are a basic staple in getting yourself some calories. Rice, wheat (Flour), potato, etc. are common "base" for a lot of diets for a reason. What are you comfortable with? What haven't you tried, but want to try? That's the fun part of cooking - there's a fuckton of new things.

Also, have you tried baking your own bread? It's fun and once you learned how to do it properly, it's great.

How the fuxk do you get tired of rice?

bread
pasta
potatoes

why do you want white people food OP? im asian as well and i dont get sick of rice. have you tried fried rice instead of plain?

don't be afraid to try putting some western spices on your rice, OP

>dressing
you don't really need dressing. i usually just put a tiny amount of oil on it or even leave it plain. the secret is mixing things with the lettuce, like seeds or small dried fruit

>Can't find that kind of bread here
hmm. well, if you can afford it you can try making your own. dark flour should be available, right?

Bake your own basic flour, salt, water, and yeast bread and evolve from there.

french toast is made with "normal" bread. You dont need a special bread to be able to make it. Its basically just a method of preparing the toast.

google some simple recipes for american style biscuits or cornbread. im from the south, so we eat a shit ton of rice and grits, but biscuits and cornbread are pretty versatile and easily prepared starches too that you might enjoy. depending on how you make them, biscuits can be fluffy or dense, and cornbread can be made to be like a sweet cake or a savory to go with eggs, stew or gravy. if you don't feel like baking, either, cornbread batter can be fried in a skillet like pancakes.

You should be making your own dressing. It takes like a minute. A typical dressing for leafy green salads is olive oil with balsamic vinegar. I like to experiment with the liquids I have in the house. Today I did a dressing with ACV, Sriracha, a little mustard, and a little honey. It actually came out really good.

Op is the Asian counterpart to a weaboo

French toast is made with white bread. You can make your own bread if you have access to flour and yeast.

*weeaboo

*wiehbü