ITT: Your favorite beers

ITT: Your favorite beers

Mine is sapporo

You trying to start a war my man?

I'm just a fan of Asian beers. I like Sapporo, Orion, and Chang (thai). Asahi is okay and I don't like Kirin Ichiban. I don't really like Korean beer, and never had chinese beer.

I'm also a fan of Pilsner Urquell. I have some slovak and czech friends and they say it's the best beer in the EU.

Hobgoblin

PBR

people talk shit but idgaf because I'm a cheapskate and if I drink cheap beer that means more money for whiskey

do you like heineken and stella too?

Newcastle. Busch comes in second. Yes, I have pleb tastes.

Chang is pretty good for a cheap beer too.

Zwettler Original would probably be my goto beer if I still lived in Austria.

weeb

Cheap swill that tastes like garbage and gives you a splitting headache the following morning

uk?

>implying this doesn't happen with any beer

in general I like stouts and porters, starting to really enjoy sours too

Cheap asian import beer rankings:

Kirin Ichiban
Asahi
Tsing-tao
Singha
Sapporo
Hite
That other one.

Saporro and the jap clones are made with specific brewing processes and ingredient combinations that attempt to remove as much beer flavor as possible while still maintaining a relatively high ABV. Nothing inherently wrong with it; on a hot day it's much better than a mass produced american pilsner after cutting the grass.

But a great beer? No. My concern is your denigration of Korean beers. The German brewers went to Korea after the war and setup breweries. OBI and the other beers are really German Pilsners.

Warsteiner is pretty fucking good.

favorite breweries currently:
alvarado st, alpha acid, sante adairius, cellarmaker

been really digging the NE IPA haze craze this summer/fall. as it gets colder, I'll probably switch to BBA strongs, firestone, bcbs, and speedway variants are my go-to's.

random question. I got some home brewed beer for someone and there is a bunch of shit at the bottom and kind of cloudy. I dont own a fine strainer but would putting a paper towel over a pretty small strainer work to remove a lot of that?

Also is it even safe to drink?

Not all beer is filtered, senpai.

just pour into a glass gently leaving the bottom little bit in the bottle, thats completely normal

it is safe to drink. the process of fermentation kills or prevents growth of pretty much anything that can harm you.

the stuff at the bottom is probably either protein, hops, or yeast, none of which will harm you. it just means that the beer was either bottled before it was finished fermenting or before a secondary fermentation (common for homebrew, as a way of creating carbonation), or poorly fined/filtered.

if I were you, I would put the bottle in the fridge, standing straight up, and let everything settle to the bottom. when the dregs have settled, pour the entire beer slowly into a glass, leaving the sediment in the bottle.

Hobgoblin is pretty tasty. We only have the "folköl" version of it here though. They used to sell the stronger stuff on Systembolaget

Actually, the yeast residue in the bottom has a high concentration of Vitamin E. When I pour my homebrew for clarity, I always swig the dregs directly from the bottle. My sex life has not suffered from it.

Get over the idiotic notion you can be poisoned from homebrewed beer, wine, cider, mead, or kvass. Distilling is another world, though. Don't be a puss.

>Korean beers
I just don't like the taste of them. I typically like Korean everything else (food, soju), I just don't like their beers

shiner bock

I'm a big fan of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.

Yes, best stout

For me, it's the McChicken

Guinness or Murphy's at the moment.
I like sours and raisins in the summer though

I also like the asian stuff. Got a taste for it from Vietnamese & Thai restaurants. It's really crisp and I find it's the best to drink on a hot day of which there are many here.
I haven't tried Orion but Sapporo and especially Chang is good. Funnily enough I just bought a case of Kirin Megumi today. Not even sure if I had regular Kirin before but this is pretty damn good. After the week I've had any old piss would taste good right now though.

Muh heady topper

*Saisons

Sweet, malty, and with enough hops to keep it interesting. Not my favourite for taste, but definately my favourite in terms of a feasable daily driver.

Muh IPA
Muh hops

St. Bernardus Christmas Ale, it only really shines on tap otherwise their Abt 12 is marginally better

OP's pic is Boomhower.

Tried a lot of beers, never had one as good as Stella.

The only good Japanese beer is Hitachino Nest

Yuengling

Itt: all these white bois pretending they know eastern stuff

Tee hee

no way.
camden wit is the best deer.

I could drink it all day.

Tripel Karmeliet and La Trappe Quadrupel are god-tier

Yeah I'm looking forward to them later this week.

seconded, Tripel Karmeliet is fucking GOAT

Bank's bitter, Wolverhampton UK

The draught in the pubs is better. Bitter as fuck.

Perfect middle-of-the-road beer.

Even my pickiest friends like it.

It doesn't. PBR is the beer equivalent to bottom-shelf tequila or vodka. Low-quality shit made just for the sake of getting shitfaced

Best I've ever had.

Exactly my sentiment. I'd drown myself in the stuff if I could afford enough.

had a vanilla coffee porter when i was in the us and it was probably the best beer ive ever had. couldn't find it in canada

>the amount of foam in that pour

but why

>Bitches Brew beer
I wonder how it tastes, but that's kinda great.

A local memepub (one of those single breweries that has no food and is only open from 4pm-10pm) I went to a couple months ago had a beer called "beeramisu"

it tasted like vanilla and coffee, and a little bit of cinnamon, just like a tiramisu dessert and it was was the best beer i've ever had.

I don't wanna start a fight, but seriously, how do you beer lovers do it? I know it's supposed to be an acquired taste, but I've been trying to drink beer for a year now and it still tastes like shit. Am I just going after the wrong beers?

I like Rieslings and other sweet wines though.

Belgian style beers tend to have a lot of foam, regardless of how carefully you pour them.

Try Hintachino Nest if you like Japanese Beers. The Espresso Stout is A++++

Signed, a fellow beer weeb.

Lager: Peroni

Real ale: kernel pale ale

Some people just dont develop a taste for beer. Taste is subjective. Just stick to wines. Nothing wrong with them, and you can get a lot more drunk for your money.

Sometimes even just opening the bottle makes it foam over. Fucking belgians.

Natty Daddy

True, but Belgians make my favorite beers, so i'm not too bothered.

>b...but muh taste and class and sophistication

fuck off
I hate people who pretend there is any other reason to drink alcohol than to get drunk

you can enjoy the taste yes but saying that's why you're drinking it is lying to yourself

You'll learn better when you get out of high school.

I like pbr as my water beer (day drinking outside in the summer type beer). I'm in boston so Trillium is like a mile away, so I'd say that's my favorite brand but honestly all their beers taste very similar. Like a well balanced but floral and bright tasting IPA.

Doombar where I am right now

say whatever you need to to justify your alcoholism ;)

Swordfish where I used to live.

You do realize that alcoholics don't really drink much beer, right? Alcoholics drink cheap, shitty vodka in plastic jugs. Or other similarly cheap liquors.

>expensive bourgeois champagne

Try some Milwaukee's best ice, it tastes like beer and it's under 50 cents a can.

Both are amazing.

poor alcoholics maybe

there are also alcoholics who drink bottles of wine and scoff it off as "oh honey I'm not drunk its just wine I drink it for the taste"

>entry level belgians
>god-tier/GOAT

well, at least you're trying

That is true, but the plastic jugs of vodka variety are the ones i'm familiar with.

>You do realize that alcoholics don't really drink much beer, right?

Depends on the alcoholic. I know a guy who drinks 24 beers a day. Been doing it for a few years now.

Pabst Blue Ribbon!

my nigga

hell yes my dude
where is it you live now? Im from the south west and that shit is c r i s p
you tried atlantic? Its another sharps

care to point out a higher tier Belgian?

Why is Guinness so hyped?

It's not bad but there's so many better beer.
Though that head is godly though.

my one true love

imo Warsteiner Dunkel

The only stout I can find is Guinness.

Why must life be so sober in Britainistan?

For me its 211 Steel Reserve, the best dying in the gutter beer.

I bought heroin from a homeless guy once, and he gave me 3 punch flavored steel reserves as change instead in money

Hell yeah bitch that's the coolest sentence I've ever read here

This.

My life's been full of drugs, regret, and foie gras.
9/10 would live it again

My favorite in that it is widely available and affordable.

My all time favorite though has to be founders breakfast stout. Have not tried KBS or founder Russian imperial stout.

If you ever get a KBS, you'll love it even more than the regular breakfast stout.

Yeah i heard it was great. I actually got my hands on goose islannd bourbon county stout 2015, and i didnt love it eventhough people rave about that beer.

Yuengling is way too sweet for me. However, it is a nice beer to have on the golf course or on the boat because I can drink a fuck ton of it and still be functional.

My favorite beer to date is Jai Alai IPA by Cigar City Brewing.

I recently been enjoying 'victory at sea' by ballast point. Its a vanilla coffee porter. Dark as hell, but thats how i like it.

Pretty expensive but its got a 10% alcohol content and doesnt taste like it, so worth it occasionally

>Ballast Point
I like most of their stuff, except Barmy and their juicy beers. The Dorado DIPA is decent, too.

Thats good to know! I've only tried the above and a stout in the same style, definitely looking to try more

Tequila

For me it is the Yuengling Black and Tan, the best Macro beer.

For me it's the (512) ipa, the best local beer.

Suntory Magnum