/tea/ General

Didn't see a new thread.

What's on your holiday wishlist?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SLnGTTKe
pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pastebin.com/SLnGTTKe

Drinking some shu I found at a local tea store, picked up a sample, its pretty good but way too expensive to buy a full cake, im better off ordering a few cakes off YS.

OP perhaps you should have waited for thursday to make the thread, I think weekly would work better than back to back, the previous threads have been lasting for a week or more then the next one 404s in a few days, there just aren't enough people posting to keep a thread alive constantly

also your pastebin is outdated
latest to my knowledge is:
pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX

Some good oolong and i want to try cold brewing hibiscus petals.

my bad, i didn't have the current pastebin bookmarked. thanks

What are your favorite cheap teas for daily drinking?

I just bought 2 pounds of Hudson valley foie gras as a hannukah gift to myself

Had a cup of Darjeeling this mornin.

Very light compared to regular Assam, very delicate.

Is that just a hot rock or what?

Last night I had some cardamom black tea and also some "tension tamer", the herbs in it smell excellent.

Anything Bigelow makes. I love them.

Celestial Seasonings has a good Raspberry tea.

Celestial Seasonings has a ton of good shit, honestly. Drinking Bengal Spice right now, such cinnamon. I honestly wouldn't mind it having a bit more, cinnamon candy and gum are some of my favorite sweets. My gums need to be hurting from the cinnamon.

Do they use natural ingredients?

I mean, it's tea and it's convenient. The ingredients come from nature.

Not necessarily, not all companies use natural ingredients. Often times they use synthetic flavor enhancers created in a lab to give people the illusion that they're drinking something natural. Teavana is most guilty of this shitty trend.

Any good flavored black teas, like with bits of fruits in it and whatever? Trying to wean myself off Teavana.

I'm waiting for a selection of white tea samples. Interestingly I found no Bai Mu Dan with better quality than grade 2, it always looks like autumn leaves.

Plus I adore this tea set, and it's on sale right now. Think I'll grab it.

What I am drinking right now is a Xiaguan 7543 sheng from 2012, very mineral but with interesting and subtile aromas. Smells like leather, vanilla and sometimes old bacon, tastes like wet rocks, lit cigars and terpentine.

You can find really fruity tea that's 100% whole leaf
Try ruby #18 and bulang black tea

My go to cheap tea is a mountain/high altitude green tea. £4 for 35g. Pretty good.

Dayi ripe puer cakes at about 20$ for 350g, works great gong fu, grandpa or western

>hot rock
What is that? That thing for iguanas? No its just a regular ol' rock

Would Ruby #18 be the same thing as Red Jade #18? And if no, where would I find ruby #18?

Yeah it's most likely the same. Chinalife has one and it's called ruby black on their site. I love it but it's more refreshing in taste than comforting so I tend do drink it more dring spring and summer.

Are you planning on putting anything in with the hibiscus?
I like a cinnamon stick, then a slice of orange once its brewed and ready to drink

See if you can find anywhere selling master Fang's bai mu dan. I had a great sample set this spring from postcard teas, but its sold out now. Maybe spring is the time to look.

How many times should I rebrew leaves before tossing them?
I usually use them three or four times.

Depends on a couple factors. Mostly any decent tea is good for more than one. More refined palates claim different experiences for subsequent infusions.

Same, I usually drink it iced.

Just keep drinking until you feel like there isn't enough flavour. Just make sure you try different steeping times for each brew and even change up temp if you want. It's all to taste and it's completely fine if you rebrew only a few or many times.

Alright, so basically what I've been doing. Cool, thanks.

check out mei leaf on youtube. useful videos.

Yeah I really like that channel. I'll probably start gong fu brewing just because of them.

Ordering from verdanttea for the first time. This site is pretty awesome.

Anyone ordered from teaware.house before? How long did the shipping take?

My w2t order arrived, too late in the day so I will start drinking tomorrow. Got a free Little Red sample on top of my orders so thanks for that mate.

Now I'm just waiting for the tea set which will hopefully arrive before Christmas.

Is that flavoured tea or just described flavour profiles?

Another user here, thanks for posting this.

Its memes, no flavourings

That feel when slightly tea drunk and ordering more tea.

That feel when it's too late to drink tea and you have to wait for tomorrow.

I know I'll be awake for a while now :)

has anyone ever ordered verdant tea's $5 sampler? I just ordered it and was curious if anyone had tried their selections before. if it sucks i mean i'm not gonna cry over $5, but you know.

I mixed some "Nightly Calm" camomile, spearmint, etc herbal tea with a little hazelnut coffeemate... this is the best fucking thing I have ever drank in my fucking life.
its like some kind of tea hot coco bastard child that fucking blows them both out of the fucking universe.

>coffeemate.

disgusting

I ordered it as well, but it hasn't arrived yet so idk.

I'm not much of a black tea fan but I bought some first flush Darjeeling packed this month when I was in Nepal. What am I in for?

Hot flavored water. Enjoy!

I really wanted to like Benegal spice because it smelt great, but I really don't like it.

I'm a sleepytime extra fan.

Pretty nice tea. I like Darjeeling.

do you guys add sugar/honey to your tea or do you just have it by itself

I don't

Depends on the tea. I add honey to my Earl Grey when I'm sick. Adding some milk to ripe puerh is surprisingly comfy.

Had this Phoenix (Dan Cong?) Oolong a few days ago. Hint of sweetness, I think I start to differentiate between Oolongs now. Too few tea places around here and sadly one just closed last month.

Going to try the sample Little Red I got as a bonus from w2t.

Dont really feel the need to, though the thought of some overbrewed shu with milk and sugar does sound nice

Do you think it's genuinely possible to like classic plain teas (from China, Japan, India... ) AND flavored teas? If no, which is your side, user?

Depends on the flavoured tea I guess. Earl Grey is flavoured and that's pretty much a classic. So is Genmaicha.

It's funny you point those two classics I don't enjoy at all.

Probably going to get some silver needle, I find it's quite delicious with a snooch of Bloom gin on a cold winter day.

You don't like Genmaicha? It's so comfy. Best breakfast tea!

On its own foremost. Then I was thinking lemon and honey to offset the lemon. Orange sounds good too, though shamefully I lost my taste in cinnamon.

Twinning Spearmint and Peppermint

I fit both bills.

Turned out I just don't like flavored teas, in the notable exception of milky oolong.

where are you from lad? I want to extrapolate how long I have to wait for my order to arrive

Wew lads. Currently trying some Taiping houkui grandpa style and it's pretty incredible. I think I added a lot more leaf than I should've, but I'm enjoying it alot. Do you guys grandpa brew often? It's my first time.

Do it all the time, mainly with shu, its pretty nice

Is that a cutting board inside a baking pan? Thats a really fucking good idea.

Recently on Amazon I stumbled upon some sellers with with a pound of tea for between $10-$20. Anyone have experience with these? It seems too good to be true at that low of a price, but I would love to get a pound of genmaicha or gunpowder if it's decent quality.

Just got this stuff from Yunnan Sourcing. Only took nine days to get it from China to Texas. Will definitrly be ordering through them again. Ordered from w2t and its been 11 days and my shit hasnt even left china yet.
Tried the wuyi rock oolong and the gokden monkey black tea so far. The oolong is fucking good, taste changes subtly with each steep. Taste lingers for a long tome in the mouth. The black tea ove been drinking a lot with a bit of honey. If youre gonna order tea soon I suggest going through YS.

Never done it desu. I mostly drink greens and greens are so sensitive to temperature. How can I grandpa keeping it 80 degrees without a kettle with temp control? Seems like a hassle

Yes, exactly

Vietnam Red Buffalo Oolong from what-cha is the best tea I have had to date.

Straya mate. They shipped the order on 2 Dec so it's quite fast considering.

Little Red is very good, one of the best black teas I have tried. Started strong and getting sweeter after a few infusions. Notable dark chocolate tones. I will most likely order this from them next time.

yah I guess China to straya shouldn't take too long. internet says avg. 2+weeks to yurop. so I have to keep on waiting…

Why do you have a rock with your tea?

yamamotoyama
green and oolong

>Boil water
>Dilute with 20-25% cold water
t. green oolong and pu erh drinker when he's not home.

drinking verdant tea autumn tieguanyin

it's p good

That's what herbal teas are for.
I bought a pack of rooibos with cinnamon and orange flavor yesterday. It's actually quite delicious, I was very pleasantly surprised.

I'm not a big fan of tisanes. Anyway I can't drink more then I already do. I need to piss all the time.

Maybe I should try that. I'm very autistic about temperatures tho and I always use a thermometer when I brew green or whites.

Found this text somewhere on Aliexpress, it's really on point.

I bough a sample pack of white tea, and two of the five samples are already more closely to green tea than white tea.

>mom bought me 3 differen tea blends for christmas
>2 of them contain cinnamon
God damn. To be fair, she bought them on a christmas market and everything there has cinnamon up the ass since it tastes like christmas.

Just found out about Lu Yu... the ultimate tea master of all time. He quite literally wrote the book of tea that was closely intertwined with the empire, he taught China how to properly grow it, cultivate it, oxidize and then steep it.

goddamn tea culture is fucking gay

like ur mum haha

Get out of here then.

I can post wherever I want you fucking bum boy

The tea threads have been a shitpost free zone.
Please don't mess it up.

This is not how a tea enthusiast acts.

>hojicha tastes absolutely delicious
>it's problaby the least healthy and the plebest of teas

Anything that is green tea related is so tasty to me. How can anything else even compete?

If you are that autistic, try different boiling:cold water ratio with your thermometer until you get the temp that pleases you. Also, these ratios can be calculated with caloric capacity of water, volumes and temperatures in superior ℃.

What boiling methods do you guys use? I boiled yesterday for the first time in a generic pot. Not using a lid cost me about 300mm out of 1.5 litres.

I consider boiling with a pot extremely annoying now for various reasons.

I just started drinking >Tea, what do you goyim suggest?

Got my imported Twinning's English Breakfast and Earl Gray Green Tea.
Other than that, watt do?

How to not pleb?

Go to a tea shop, They often give out samples.

Electric kettle ftw

I live in the capital of "I drink coffee", so there isn't a shop near me.

>inb4 "you just drink tea to be a contrarian lemaou"

Try out any black tea, green tea, white tea to see what you like.

Try out a few herb and few fruit teas out.

Now that you developed a general taste and developed some preferences you can go for higher end products.

Always try out a cheap product first, doesn't matter if it's just tea bags. After that you can go for better products.

Thanks, will do.

Tetley orange pekoe is really good for milk-brewed tea, Also any cardemom herbal tea is good.

>General

Have friends who like tea visit so I opened w2t 2015 Old Reliable for them to try. Used friend's milk frothing jug as makeshift fair cup. Slightly lighter than the puerh coin I had back then and got sweeter faster as well. Good thing is my friends like the tea as well.

First time I got this block sample so I might have screwed up separating it using a butter knife. Might be alright since it's shu.