Whats with American portion sizes...

whats with American portion sizes? In Italy i order pasta i get a reasonable serving of pasta with sauce on top and 1-2 slices of bread. In US I get massive portion of pasta slathered in sauce with large pieces of meat spread throughout and endless bread. what gives?

pic unrelated.

Do yurocucks really complain about this?

Pour Moi...

I live in washington state. i just got back from a tour of europe and realize how much different it is here now that i'm back.

You have to go back, cuck

Yeah fuck food dude. I wish they would just give us less like in the haven that is Europe. I hate eating.

It's the lifestyle of the gluttonous US of A

Boy I sure do wish I got less food for my money

No dangerous silverware either, yurop is paradise

I'm sure this is a bait thread, but it's got a lot to do with "perceived value." I've worked in marketing/event sales before, and it's unbelievable how easy it is to sell someone on how much more food they'll be getting when it's a lot less money and labor for us to make a huge batch of pasta for the same event price.

mfw yurocucks aren't big boys that can finish all their food to grow up strong.

Large portions are equated with an increased sense of value. Taking home leftovers is also not a custom in many parts of Europe

>mfw this is yet another attempt at meta-shitposting by a fellow American

When more than a third of your population is morbidly obese landwhales that can eat 6000 calories and still be hungry, you end up with crap like this.

>reasonable serving of pasta

So, how many grams? You ask if we're reasonable, yet you give no reference point. I know how many grams I eat in a serving because I only eat fresh, homemade. You go first, asshole. How many? Pic related - my pasta roller.

>Europe is so refined
>well when I was in Europe
>in Europe they...
I've never met you and I hope something terrible happens to you.

Unless you're making ravioli fresh pasta is for plebs.

i wish i could give you something

I thought you were shit. Thanks for confirming it.

/thread

shoulda stayed you fucking pinko commie loving scum

>pasta
>with added bread
Do Italians seriously do this?

What?
Have you literally never been to any restaurant?

Pasta goes with bread, lasagne goes with fries. Got a problem with that?

I dip my nuts in mayo

Because you're free to do so. You can thank us later.

Emphasis on quality over quantity. Less emphasis on consumption and fastfood. Food is meant to be something eaten slowly and savoured with family and friends.

Sounds like 3rd world to me, fuckface

>buying a pasta roller

Good ((consumer))

WHY

Italian portions are too small for someone who eats 3 times a day and doesn't snack. Your meals are like 500 calories.

yuros are cucks who pay the same amount of money for half the food

>order single meal at american restaurant
>dont have to eat for the rest of the day

i see no problem here

>Eating with Americans
>leftovers

Huh?

that's to leave room for the additional calories from wine.

>Taking home leftovers is also not a custom in many parts of Europe
I just don't get how people manage to do it with a straight face. It's either being so poor you can't buy cold pasta, or too retarded to gauge your own appetite.

>I am midly angry I HOPE YOU DIE
No wonder the current libtards is so friendly with mudlsims.

it's easy, they try to substitute quality with quantity. also they be fat as fuck so they need all dem sweet sweet calories
no, we in general don't but if it at the expense of quality, we most likely do. i'd much rather eat half a portion of delicious food than a bucket full of shit

Where does it wish death on someone?

Italian here
When I have pasta as the only thing of my meal, 150-180g plus sauce.
100g if I'm having a second dish.

>family friend invites us over for spaghetti
>serves me a pile of linguine with a pint of ragu and a half pound of italian sausage
America!

Greed and gluttony.

I'm the amerifat with the roller pic. That's essentially the same for me. 150g when it's the primary meal with a salad. So, for 2, I make a 3 egg pasta. I really don't eat it as a separate side. I'll have either rice or potatoes then.

The heathcare is system is ran by Jews for profit

The murifats beetus money then buys Dr Rosenblatt's son a nice house in Israel.

kek

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

wtf, I hate portions now.

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Not him, but I am from Italy. The yield from 75g dry or so is a full serving for me and 50g dry if I'm to have a second course (if I'm having a sauce with meat in it, for example, the pasta is first course and the meat second). This is moreorless typical throughout the country.
I know that in the US, the serving suggestion on boxes of dry pasta is 56g but most eat 113g as a serving.

Since dry pasta doubles in weight by absorbing water as it cooks, I would assume that a serving of dry pasta, which takes less time to cook and therefore absorbs less water, should be about 100g but I'm not in the habit of making nor buying pasta fresh as fresh pasta is not typical in my part of the country.

When we /do/ make fresh pasta where I'm from, it's just semolina and water. No eggs. Due to the simplicity, there's no true "recipe" really. Just pour out some semolina on the table, make a well in the middle, add water, mix it together, knead it, rest it, knead it some more and form.

Have you ever had/made ricotta gnocchi? It's a variety of fresh egg pasta made with ricotta, eggs and hard flour. You just kinda mix everything together, roll it out into a snake of dough about as thick as your thumb is and break pieces off. Then you flick the pieces with the tines of a fork to form the pasta. Quite good and super easy, no roller required.

When I eat pasta I'll do a plate of about 500-750g once it's cooked, but I don't really take care of myself and will just eat one big meal a day

>Go to charlie Brown's steakhouse
>Spend $22 for a huge full salad bar, all you can eat bread, an 18oz prime rib cooked medium rare and comes out absolutely deliciously.

>Then I choose my two sides.

It's a huge dinner, and then a huge lunch the next day.

Sorry we don't spend over 100 bucks on three plates of "tapas," aka 4 taquitos and 4 potatoe skins.

>I'll do a plate of about 500-750g once it's cooked
why would you care about the weight once it's cooked? measuring the weight before cooking is much easier?
>for me, it's 200g for a single serving if the sauce is rich and thick, e.g. bolognese

You can't understand why people don't want to waste food?

>ricotta gnocchi

I think I'll try this next time. By "hard flour" do you mean "00"? I use 75% "00" and 25% semolina when I make my rolled egg pastas.

Because if I'm going to pay $15 for a meal it better be a lot of fucking food
I can feed myself for most of a week on that.

Our portions are really bad here, and it's one of the main reasons our obesity problem exists. It's not just restaurants either, it's literally just any kind of food you can find here in the US(fast food, grocery store food, etc.). It also doesnt help that often people aren't taught about how their meals should be portioned either, so people just assume they should be able to eat all of what's been put in front of them.

Restaurant culture is different.
Most Americans don't dine out for the experience, so they don't see value in reasonable portions. They just want value for their money in terms of quantity of food per dollar.

not the same user but yeah if you can use 00

3 500-600 cal meals, a glass or two of wine, maybe a modest dessert, is pretty much exactly what the average non-athlete person should eat per day...

Non-fat American here

When I get restaurants, I inevitably take home at least enough food for 2, sometimes 3 more meals. This way, the per-meal cost is quite low - that is, America's large margins don't have proportionally higher prices.

In the US, they are very fat and used to eating large portions. In Rome we only eat 150g max of pasta and fresh squeezed grapes for wine and freshly crushed tomatoes for the sauce grown in the restaurant bath house. I tried bathing in a restaurant in America and they had an absolute conniption. These people are savages.

>washer and dryer in kitchen

>3 500-600 cal meals, a glass or two of wine, maybe a modest dessert, is pretty much exactly what the average non-athlete person should eat per day...
>so around 4000+ a day
You have problems.

Not at all! Quite the opposite! 00 is the softest sort. You want either 1 or 2. Mixing 00 flour 3:1 with semolina would yield somewhere between 0 and 1 so try using 0 flour with semolina for ricotta gnocchi, instead. In the UK, 0 is usually called "plain flour" and in the US, "all purpose." Because there are fewer eggs in ricotta gnocchi than is in many other sorts of fresh pasta, you need a harder flour to make up the difference.

Great. Thanks. I might try to post pics when I attempt it. What sauces are traditionally used with ricotta gnocchi?

>2+2=7
american education everyone

That's a dumbass argument. I always take home the leftovers (assuming it's not complete rubbish) because I feel super bad knowing perfectly good food will get thrown away.

You can't become a big boy if you don't eat lots of food.

you faggots wouldn't mind eating 1500 calories in one meal if you had a less sedentary lifestyle.

I appreciate being able to get large amounts of calories for small amounts of money without cooking. just be athletic and none of these little bitch problems exist.

I agree completely with this and I tend to side with some of the eurofag criticisms of america. Far too much food is tossed in the US and the more each individual does their part to stop it, the better.

Good on ya user!

Whatever you'd like, really.

Most traditional would be just toss with butter, grated cheese, parsley and grated dry truffle, but other popular options include Genovese basil sauce (basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, oil and grated cheese ground together into a paste), raw tomato sauce (mini tomatoes, garlic and olive oil blitzed together then mixed with fresh parsley and warmed only slightly when added to the pan containing the drained gnocchi) and smoked bacon, skinless walnuts, grated cheese and sage. In most suggestions, the condiment isn't cooked but mearly heated with the residual heat of the pan and the gnocchi themselves, but the bacon one requires the gnocchi be sautéed briefly in the bacon grease.

Excepting the basil sauce which traditionally uses parmigiano exclusively, what cheese you use depends heavily on personal preference and/or region. There's no wrong answer.
In Umbria, for example, asiago is very popular for the bacon one and in Piedmont, hard bra is common for the truffle one.

What about disabled people?

>not living in a box, shitting in the streets and yelling at birds
#redpill

Canada here this was 12 Patty's 24 strips of bacon
and costs 14.99 $ no frys or sides just the burger

I bet it's mostly Americans who start these do americans really threads

Its not so bad, I usually ask about the portion sizes and frequently split an entree with a friend.

>fresh pasta is for plebs
isthisniggaserious.avi

>so around 4000+ a day
Get a load of this retard.

read the thread i am american i just got back from a tour of europe

>I've never met you and I hope something terrible happens to you.

He went to Europe. Something terrible already happened to him.

Quick, someone post a picture of the full english breakfast britcucks obsess over, while claiming americans eat too much.

c'est le McPoisson

>no silverware
Where the fuck does this meme come from
>grow up strong
You mean with diabetes?
Not really. When you go to a restaurant you have a free basket of bread usually, but I don't think many people eat pasta WITH bread, the bread is there if you order an antipasto with a lot of cold meats or spreads for example.

Un altro umbro?

what kind of fatass are you? do you have a fucking 2k calorie desert every day?

I laughed for five minutes .

our washer is in the kitchen for some reason. That's just wear the hookups are. Dryer is all the way across the house in the garage.

>meme

>too retarded to gauge your own appetite
I know my appetite well, and it's somewhere 1/3 to 1/2 the standard portion in casual dining restaurants.Or I'm aware of the amount of calories in the meal and adjust my eating so I don't over consume. I don't eat out for these reasons, but sometimes I have to.

At least I get a second meal out of it.