What's a good bag of coffee I can order?

What's a good bag of coffee I can order?

Other urls found in this thread:

parlorcoffee.com/collections/all-products/products/copy-of-colombia-san-sebastian
happymugcoffee.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the literal greatest.

I should've specified it's going to be for my mummy as part of her xmas present, I don't want her to know how cheap I am.

Jamaican Blue Mountain. But if you were a really good son you'd be buying Da Hong Pao certified.

Bumping for curiosity.
I'm sick of folgers and the only "good" coffee I've ever tasted was starbucks blonde roast.

If you like their coffee you can buy their beans.

There are probably cofee of the month club you can give as gift.

It's not the bean or roast; it's the grind and brew that are essential to good coffee. Get her a decent french press or air pot and look up how to use it. Print that shit and give it to her. She'll be able to make do until whe can get a decent grinder.

For a grinder, get it for her on her b-day. I recommend the conical burr grinder from Mr. Coffee. It's 40 bucks on Amazon and at Walmart. I have had one for three years and haven't had any issues. Better than spending $200 on a conical burr grinder.

any preferences in the brand of air pot?

This probably sounds like a troll question, like how much ketchup to put on well done steaks, but it's sincere:

How would you rank those premade coffee syrup devices (Keurig and what not), compared to french press and some freshly ground decent beans? Like nowhere even close, or are the syrup kinds not bad since they have advantages in quality control and manufacturing consistency?

>coffee syrup
>Keurig

what

Coffee is actually very temperamental.
Good coffee is a combination of good beans, a good roast, good storage of said beans, the fineness of grind in relation to what bean/method of extraction, the method of extraction and how well it's completed, temperature and pressure.

All of these influence the flavour of your resulting beverage.

I mean those kitchen appliances, where you pour in water, insert a "K cup" of coffee concentrate, and it heats the water to make a cup of coffee.

Like I know it's kind of expensive per cup, but how's the quality compared to reasonably decent fresh-brewed cup made with freshly ground beans?

man you should do some research. those pods are just full of coffee grounds. a keurig is really just an elaborate drip coffee machine.

so it's probably not as a good as freshly ground beans. i guess. i buy bags of ground coffee sometimes and I think they taste alright.

it's convenient, if nothing else.

Ah, ok, I just did read up on them, didn't realize that's how they worked. Vacuum sealed cups of grounds so I'm they could retain freshness better than a giant can of Folgers, but yeah, the brewing process sounds geared for efficiency, not quality. Thx.

It's alright. But the differences is kinda like a less stark version of the difference between orange soda and orange juice. It just tastes just a little bit more artificial in the pods, if you drink it every day though the difference between that and coffee bean coffee is gonna seem huge just because of how you get used to the flavor.

Gordy's hi-hat coffee

IMHO best for the money

>we robusta beans nigga

There are reusable K-Cups that allow you to brew whatever coffee you want. My sister got a Keurig for her wedding and I immediately got her one along with some locally roasted beans.

Having mostly drunk Folgers and Starbucks her entire life the shit was like night and day.

Complete bullshit.

The beans are the single most important factor.

Followed by a good grinder. I'd usually recommend a Feldgrind, but for your mom get an Encore.

Brewing method is dead last. If everything else is in order, it'll be good.

Also, the Mr. Coffee grinder is utter garbage that just smashes beans. You need a slicing burr grinder.

Quality is garbage. They don't get anywhere near hot enough and the brewing ratio is way too low. The simplest decent coffee makes is something like a Bonavita drip brewer or a Clever coffee dripper.

parlorcoffee.com/collections/all-products/products/copy-of-colombia-san-sebastian

You're not going to get very much but it's some of the best coffee I've ever had

It's probably quite good even if it is a blend, but it's also likely offensive tasting to someone like OP's mom.

I'd look for a darker end of medium single origin South American or blend of mostly South and Central American coffees. It's not something I'm personally fond of, but more likely to be enjoyed as a gift to someone not into specialty coffee.

bow and arrow is pretty good

for me its the bagged mcdonalds best coffee i tell you my friend

peets if she doesnt shop @ krogers

Just google maps coffee roaster and support your local economy.

Also ignore coffee snobbery and trust your senses

Snobs are right about whats good. As they are with most things.

happymugcoffee.com/

I prefer the bear blend.

Nah. Snobs are obnoxious and get all up in other peoples shit out of nowhere. I aint the kinda guy to lecture someone for using the office coffee pot. Just an enthusiast. But snobs are right about what's good.

And not just in coffee. If I want like some great bread or some shit, just gotta look for bread snobs and bam, I know what to do.

>being this wrong

Listen to nothing this dipshit says. Find a local roaster and get them to recommend something popular, and get it as fresh as possible.

Source : barista for 18 months in college

The best coffee you can buy is Kopi Luwak . The beans are eaten by cats and then popped out, and they use that to make the coffee (seriously. Look it up). Buy that if you want the best.

There is a coffee shop on campus at my school.

I get latte/cappuccino from them often.

It has a very strong savory taste and leaves a taste like dark chocolate.

I have a french press and a Cuisinart grinder. Can I get that same sort of chocolate taste with that? I'm assuming it's just the beans used?

What kind of beans should I look for if I want a dark-chocolate taste like that?

dark chocolate beans