Amazon watches you shop

youtube.com/watch?v=NrmMk1Myrxc

Are you ready for the future anons?

Soon you will be able to walk into a store with your trenchcoat and fedora on and walk out without having to interact with any people or glitchy machines.

I can almost guarentee this will end up failing.
>app crashing
>server problems
>people claiming they are being charged for shit they didn't take
>niggers nigging
>old people wanting to return shit

I'm not saying it wont work, it's just that the problems it will face will make it too sketchy for enough people to want to use it or go out of their way to a amazon go store instead of whatever grocery store they already use. So it'll be a thing in jew york for 2 years then go away.

This will literally never come to where I live and thank god

Automatic register is good enough for me, it also makes stealing easy as fuck so I save money while still eating well.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being profitable, though.
Consider that when self-checkouts first arrived there was a massive upswing in theft.. but it was completely offset by how much money stores were saving on labor.

>Walk into store
>Grab expensive snack like nuts or chocolate
>Eat inside store
>Leave tagged package inside
>Walk out

>No glitchy machines

dude this thing will have more glitches than any machine you have ever used you think they can use all these cameras and know exactly what you took every time?

you will have to leave the store and then come back because it messed up

this technology is not ready yet and it is not even a good idea because there are better ways to make shopping easier

they could just make a sticker on each item you scan it and you scan it and you scan it with your phone

and then you leave but these cameras dont help at all

You can do that now.

>cameras
>have to swipe identity to get in

can't wait until niggers fuck it up for everyone, but the pandering leftists won't admit it and just ditch the idea.

this. they arent so worried about theft, you can steal much easier from a normal grocery store. They seem to have cameras everywhere in the amazon thing so youd be caught jumping the gate/stealing unless youre a ninja.
i used to work in a kroger. the only cameras were pointed at the registers to prevent employees stealing and in case of a robbery, they expect some shrink from the shelves.

So you gonna show us your degree and experience in knowing how this technology will fail? lmao

>but mah coupons

It uses the same recognition technology their robots use in the Amazon warehouse. The tech is not new nor untested by any means.

im o-ok with this

What you all fail to understand is that any tricks that people use to steal will be recorded and be used to make the deep learning AI better at detecting theft. The more you steal, the stronger it becomes.

The ad fails to mention the hordes of untrained security guards with guns ready to shoot anyone who attempts to scam the system.

It's a utopian commercial meant for a dystopian world.
It won't work out like what they portray. It never does.

It's more of a fancy convenience store than a grocery store. It's just a testing ground for the technology, you guys really don't think there are applications beyond this one?

>trenchcoat and fedora meme

I want to believe but....i know it won't work

>Fucking silicon valley tech nerds once again implying they can disrupt a complete industry with the 'revolutionary approaches' even though tech itself isn't yet on the required level of advancement and the tech-solutions create new obstacles as well

'they never should have gave you niggas money'-Rick James

>Download one of many spoof apps that will be written if this tech gains traction

>Go into store and register spoof credentials, walk out with groceries that won't be paid for

>Store waits for you to accrue 500-1000 dollars in shoplifting before they report it so you're in felony territory

>Have zero chance of defending yourself in court due to hours of video tracking you despite the spoof apps

People are stupid enough to do this and go to jail for it, it's going to be hilarious and should be how retail operates.

YOU'RE FIRED MCFLY!

DID YOU THINK WE WOULDN'T DETECT YOUR FAKE APP!

>putting the tofu beside the chicken and beef

Just do that thing that South Korea does where you scan QR codes for common grocery items on a poster in the subway station and it's delivered to your house at time you specify.

i like this idea because it forces the shitty people who just leave their items everywhere when they change their minds to put em back

>all these meaningless tech buzzwords
>shelves stocked with nothing but prepared food
I wish our sun would explode already.

It's bullshit but hey Amazon got enough money to blow.

>Oh look, that guy only buys high calorie food.
>Maybe we can sell this info to his health insurance.
I fucking hat the future

I hate that none of them are buying any ingredients. Is this supposed to be like a 7/11 or a full on grocery store?