How do you cu/ck/s feel about Marmite?

How do you cu/ck/s feel about Marmite?

For me it's vegemite, the best yeast extract spread

Not a hell of a whole lot.

I have no feelings towards Marmite.

It's not only delicious, it's a critical cooking ingredient.

Love it.

A little bit mixed in with your ground beef makes burgers just that little bit more amazing.

It's an appropriate substitute for Bovril I guess.

this. they taste pretty much identical but marmite is really sticky and hard to get out of the jar.

It's better than Vegemite, that's for damn sure. I've never had Vegemite though.

You just let the cat out of the bag user.
It's mean't to be a secret.
It's also an ingredient a lot of Chili cook-off winners use.

In the US: what is marmite and vegemite, exactly? I use Fairy Bread to keep my nephews/nieces pleased and quiet temporarily. Will Vegemite do the same?

I'm going to try this tommorow.

It's a highly concentrated yeast extract. Imagine vegetable bullion reduced to a thick sticky paste.

>>will vegemite do the same?

I dunno. Personally, I love it thread thinly on toast like in OP's photo. It certainly would have kept me quiet as a kid. But it's a savory taste, not sweet.

Is there a difference between marmite and vegemite?

I've only had vegemite once, though I've had marmite countless times. I couldn't tell a difference. I consider them interchangeable. I buy marmite because my local supermarkets only stock that.

As far as I know it's like coke vs. pepsi. To most people they're pretty much the same, though some people will bitch about one vs. the other.

Make sure you don't spread it too thick, and to put butter on the toast as well so it's easier to spread.

Like Marmite then? Good good

Exactly.

Bovril is a drink m8. Good hot cup of Bovril.

small amounts are good in stews

That's what my friend's mom sometimes does but I usually spread it on toast. Shit's good man.

It's also tasty as fuck spread thinly on toast.

Good to know. I've always wanted to try the 'mites because I love salty, savory things.

I don't have it often but it's fucking DANK.

I have it on toast or on crackers with cheese.

as a child i used to always have marmite or bovril on toast for breakfast
was breddy gud
im not bit on it now
i prefer dark red miso on toast