Does alcohol go bad? I have a system I recently started where...

Does alcohol go bad? I have a system I recently started where, if the bottle I'm currently drinking has a small amount of alcohol left, instead of drinking it I'll add it to an "emergency flask" that I use in case I just need a little bit more to get to my desired drunkeness. I'm taking my first drink from this flask tonight but I don't know if it's safe. I can't think of why it wouldn't be but just in case I'd like confirmation I'm not somehow blinding myself with a bathtub still or something.

well obviously wine can go bad,
hard liquor probably not

It will be fine as long as you didn't mix liquors. Gin and whiskey, very risky. Vodka and tequila, it'll kill ya.

Fuck I have tons of different liquors in there

And I already drank some.

Well you'd better not let it go to waste, if you leave it any longer it'll definitely go bad. Bottom's up!

> what is a cocktail

Like my old man always says, it's better to throw it up than throw it out

>well obviously wine can go bad

How is that obvious?. Doesn't the older the wine mean the better it is?.

your old man was a hardass

wine oxidizes once exposed to air, when you pop the cork. it only matures in quality if it remains sealed. once oxidation happens, you got a couple days to drink it before it gets risky

Alright, gotcha. I didn't know that and I don't drink it. I do drink beer and liqour though.

knowledge is good dude. pretty often, expensive wine is a farce and a con. you can enjoy great wines at the $5 to $20 mark, and wine can be delicious when you hit a good one.
hard liquor is the way to go. i'm drinking goon out of a 4 litre sack, which is dirt level wine. this is all rambling shit but i can't just delete it now, so here you go

>risky

Bullshit. The alcohol content stops pretty much anything dangerous from growing; it'll just turn into a bottle of awful vinegar.

I'm the guy he was responding too and had this window open to catch your post.

So is he wrong?. I had the impression anything with alcohol can't go bad basically for this reason. I figured alcohol kills bacteria/germs, basically anything living that is harmful.

Maybe he meant it doesn't have harmful bacteria but can poison you somehow?.

He's fucking with you. Drinking a spoiled wine would probably fuck up your GI tract for a while but otherwise that would be it.

i'd consider drinking vinegar that tastes like a hangover risky. it's not gonna kill you any faster than regular alcohol. i drink balsamic out of the bottle motherfucker

surprisingly it's not actually any worse for you, it's just fucking disgusting instead

That much acetic acid will do a number on your stomach, senpai.

iron mind
iron stomach

No. Depending on how old, you could have vinegar.

>That much acetic acid will do a number on your stomach

Why? Vinegar is nothing compared to your stomach acid.....

Iron Maiden. Excellent.

Not much is, but indigestion is still a thing.