Cntrl-f no Vegan cooking thread

Who here /plant/ powered? Let's start a discussion on vegan cooking.

im not a veganfag but steel cut oatz and berries is a good breakfast.i also feel that lessening the amount of meat in my diet will make me live forever!

>vegan
Literal autism.

Who /vegetarian/ here

End yourself faggot.

Enjoy your cow pus friendo

I've slowly started swallowing the redpill on meat, dairy, and eggs. I don't think I'm gonna be vegan though because I really love fish and they have some great health benefits.

I've been experimenting with flax-seed wraps, which are surprisingly easy to make. Obviously wheat is still vegan but I want to get more fiber and omega-3's in my diet as well. They go great with rice and beans.

I find it complements the bug poop on my salad greens very nicely.

plant based eater here
dgaf a fuck about ethics
i first made this change because of the ethics of it. then i became apathetic, and stopped caring about it, and more focused on it being the healthiest diet for humans. i suppose im still doing my bit.
once every month or two i splurge on fast food/sushi etc and such for a day, usually on a weekend and get very drunk all day. then i return back to a whole foods plant based diet.

Anyone else here enjoy adapting traditional cooking techniques? For example, I'll see vegans doing things like blending soaked cashews for white sauce for pasta, when it turns out that making a bechamel or soubise sauce works perfectly fine, and can be flavored quite well through using miso paste, better than boullion, lemon juice, MSG, garlic, nutritional yeast, etc.

Yes and i'm a huge fan of avocado pesto made by just blended avocado with some garlic, basil, olive oil and sometimes a bit of nutritional yeast and pine nuts with a splash of lemon juice.

Makes for a very rich and creamy pesto.

>I've swallowed the redpill on meat
>fish has great health benefits
I don't bash eating animal foods on occasion but I think you should at least acknowledge the truth.

Vegan cooking, for when you hate food and want to survive just enough to annoy normal people

No, it's so I can live longer and annoy even more normies.

I know that vegans compared to pescavegetarians have lower levels of disease, but they also make it easy to get B12 and D without taking supplements. Also it makes it easier to hit my protein macros.

When taking a pill is worse than consuming the flesh of a mercury ridden Fukushima defromed fish

It is impossible to get sufficient vitamin D from food. And vitamin B12 is best absorbed from supplements.

Been vegan for 6 years now without taking a single supplement, and my B12 levels are good. I don't know what to think about that.

Do you eat foods fortified with B12 or just nothing at all? I take an extra supplement because I'm paranoid about it but I've never had my levels tested.

Your liver stores years worth of B12. It's possible you will eventually become deficient, so be careful with that.

I started to become vegan. Now i live specifically off my wife's bull's sperm and get cucked on a regular basis. My wife's son doesn't speak to me much anymore cause he thinks I'm a faggot, but I think the meat and dairy he is eating is clouding his judgment.

Just eat some nutritional yeast sometimes.

Nooch 4ever

I tried Silk's protein nut milk this week. It sucks.

The 2g sugar or the vanilla?

Yeah dont even buy nut milks at all. Its literally just a few soaked nuts/beans that are blended and then filtered. You're pretty much paying $5 for mostly water.

2g sugar.

I like regular nut milk, and do not mind paying for the convenience of having it ready-made. But I wanted something nutritionally closer to dairy milk, and the pea protein taste is like soy except worse. I was hoping it'd still taste like almonds and cashews.

I like the pea taste myself. Definitely don't try Ripple if you don't like the pea protein taste.

How can vegans be vegan if semen isn't vegan?

Dad asked what I want him to make for christmas dinner. I'm thinking paella with millet (because white rice makes me feel like shit and brown needs be partially cooked first and I have no idea about times without a pressure cooker which he doesn't have there) and one of a few whole food desserts, but do any of you have other suggestions? I saw some wellington recipes, but that stuff doesn't appeal to me at all because I've been eating clean which has changed my preferences.

Is anyone else annoyed by jains mourning a potato but showing no concern for the countless insects killed in every commercial fruit operation?

You can eat meat every day and still have suboptimal b12 levels. You should be supplementing it no matter your diet. It's ~$4/year and can't be overdosed.

i really enjoy soy milk but it has 100cals per cup. do they sell it unsweetened so that i might be able to add artificial sugar?

Yes, and you can make your own, and even turn it into tofu if you want.

can i get what is required from walmart and does this process take long? is this cheaper?

Let's not.

SPAGETT

Why isn't Indian food mentioned more in these threads? Indian vegetarian grew organically so it isn't all "take this meat and cheese dish and use lmaosubstitutes"

A ton of Indian food (excluding dessert) is already vegan or is vegan + yogurt/milk which are not essential. See any dal, vegetable curry, poriyal, avial, baths, dosa, idli, bread to start with.

Not the poster you're responding to, but homemade soy milk is easy. Soak dry soybeans in water 12 hours. Blend and strain with cheesecloth. Heat strained liquid to boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Whole Foods sells bulk dry organic soybeans.

To turn it into tofu, you'll need to add gypsum at a certain temp and strain and press in a mold.

Shouldn't it be boiled before straining?

No. The grinding after soaking extracts the milk, then the milk is cooked. There's a number of recipes out there. Some boil the strained liquid longer or shorter, use more water or less, but I haven't seen any that cooked before blending and straining.

>he tried talking Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums
yeah bro this is the containment thread for the especially faggoty skinnyfat fucking faggots here, don't worry, noone knows any real science. this board isn't food and nutrition it's /neetfood/ and /takeout/, and i imagine it will never change

>real science

Calories in = callories out, maintain weight; calories in > calories out, gain weight; calories in < calories out, lose weight.

Coupled with commonsense balance of the food groups, that's all you need.

All other fad diets with catchy names are foolish bullshit designed for, and marketed to, neurotic obsessive-compulsives like yourself.

>NOT BEING ABLE TO SURVIVE SOLELY BY CONSUMING SUNLIGHT AND WATER

YOU ARE INFERIOR, LESS EVOLVED BEINGS THAN I

health isn't all about weight lmao

>obligatory image

Last assertion in my post: QED.

We lurk in the shadows, straddling the grey twilight between the meatfags and the veganautists. There is no home for us.