Curry Sauce

Hi Veeky Forums, does any of you know an easy curry sauce recipe?

>Get curry.
>Add sauce.

>Add Curry to Ketchup
>done

Google

I've been making Thai curry lately:

Coconut milk
Curry paste
Curry Powder
Ginger
Soy sauce
Brown Sugar
Garlic
Cumin
Cilantro
Lime

>Hi Veeky Forums, does any of you know an easy curry sauce recipe?

Sure, I know many. Care to be more specific about what you're asking for? Asking for a recipe for "curry sauce" is about as vague as asking for a recipe for "food". There are countless types with a massive variation between them.

2 lb (900g) cooking onions
2 oz (50g) green ginger
2 oz (50g) garlic
2¾ pint (I litre 570ml) water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tin (8oz/225g) tomatoes
8 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika

Peel and rinse the onions, ginger, and garlic. Slice the onions and roughly chop the ginger and garlic.
Put the ginger and garlic into a blender with about ½ pint of the water and blend until smooth.
Take a large saucepan and put into it the onions, the blended garlic and ginger, and the remainder of the water.
Add the salt and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to very low and simmer, with the lid on, for 40-45 minutes.
Leave to cool.

Once cooled, pour half the boiled onion mixture into a blender and blend until perfectly smooth. Absolute smoothness is essential. To be certain, blend for at least two minutes. Pour the blended onion mixture into a clean pan or bowl and repeat with the other half of the boiled onion mixture.

Open the can of tomatoes, put into the rinsed blender jug, and blend. Again, it is important that they are blended perfectly smooth, so blend for two minutes.
Into the clean saucepan, pour the oil, tomato puree,turmeric, and paprika.
Add the blended tomatoes and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for ten minutes.
Now add the onion mixture to the saucepan and bring to the boil again. Turn down the heat enough to keep the sauce at a simmer.
You will notice at this stage that a froth rises to the surface of the sauce. This needs to be skimmed off.
Keep simmering for 20-25 minutes. Stirring now and again to prevent the sauce sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
Use immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to four days.

Easiest is probably Chinese takeaway curry gravy, but tastier and only slightly less simple is Anglo-Indian curry gravy:

Water, 1 cup
Stock cube/powder, to match what you intend to serve the gravy with, enough to make 1 cup of stock
Garlic, 1 clove
Onion, 1 small
Ginger, a thumb-sized piece
Chili, if/as desired
Butter, 2tbsp
Flour, 2tbsp
Curry powder, 1-2tbsp (or more)

Heat the water and pour into a bowl with the stock cube/powder.
Stir to dissolve cube/powder and set the stock aside.
Peel and mince the garlic.
Peel and finely chop the onion.
Peel and mince the ginger.
Mince the chili, if using.
Place all this into a pan along with the butter, the flour and a sprinkling of salt and set to high heat.
Cook, stirring constantly, until the flour is completely hydrated with butter and the moisture from the aromatics then add the curry powder.
Stir to mix the curry powder through evenly then add the stock.
Whisk to dissolve the flour paste and thicken into gravy.
Makes 3-4 servings.

Shit in pan
Add curry paste
Heat up
Eat
Add beans

hahahahaahhahahahahhahhaha

your curry spices are a bit of turmeric and paprika?

hahahahahahhahhahahahhahahaha

go outside and slap yourself really hard and learn to goggle

Hi user! Your question is vague. It would help if you were more specific. Curry varies from place to place. Indian? Thai? Japanese? Somebody may help you if we knew more about what you're trying to do.

It's a standard base sauce that you would use to create all your other variations from you spastic.

When cooking (for example) a standard chicken you would add garam masala, cumin, fenugreek and chilli, when cooking a bhuna you would add salt, capsicum and mushrooms to that, for a dhansak, remove it all apart from the chilli and garam masala and add in some puréed spinach. There are dozens of variations.

I do hope that you shall consider apologising for your social indiscretion, Sir.

learn to curry mate. a curry base sauce does not contain turmeric and paprika.

turmeric, yes.

I am Indian by the way, and you are well off the mark with paprika.

Where's the cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, curry leaves, asafoetida, or are you just getting these from your store bought garam masala?

>a curry base sauce does not contain turmeric and paprika
>turmeric, yes

What a mong.

>List the ingredients of garam masala
>asks where the garam masala is

What a mong : The post

>I am Indian by the way
I don't think Peckham counts just yet mate.

asafoetida does not constitute a part of garam masala. I can cook 15 different types of curries and none of them contain paprika. I know of other curries and none of them contain paprika either. I am not Del Boy or Rodney

>I can cook 15 different types of curries

Feel free to post them up faggot.

>none of them contain paprika
Or maybe not

Also, I left a trap in the garam masala statement. Curry leaves should only be used fresh or frozen at worst. Never dried.

Guess you're just a dumb white guy who loves curries.

I've just checked and all the curries I cook are available on a web browser

>I've just checked and all the curries I cook are available on a web browser

Is this where you try to direct me to download teamviewer so you can fix my PC?

>chicken gravy granuals
>curry powder

Dunno if this would actually work, seems worth a shot.

never heard of google?

never heard of goggle?

>2 lb (900g) cooking onions
>2 oz (50g) green ginger
>2 oz (50g) garlic
>2¾ pint (I litre 570ml) water
>1 teaspoon salt
>1 tin (8oz/225g) tomatoes
>8 tablespoon vegetable oil
>1 teaspoon tomato puree
>1 teaspoon turmeric
>1 teaspoon paprika

>Use immediately

Are you for real?

Id say Indian, if possible. But rather than one from an especific place I prefer the easiest one to make