Veeky Forums is there any food that you can't stand on its own but you enjoy the products of?

Veeky Forums is there any food that you can't stand on its own but you enjoy the products of?

Personally, I can't stand just straight up corn. But I love polenta, corn whiskey, corn tortillas and cornflakes.

Anyone else feel similarly about some other food?

Pic unrelated

Well, I don't like avocado but I do like guacamole.

that question really activated my almonds
all i can think of is i dislike soy beans and i dislike edamame
however i love miso, soy sauce and tempeh

potatoes. i can't stand boiled potatoes. but most other potato stuff is delicious to me. hash browns, fries, kartoffelpuffer, mashed potatoes, potatoes in the skin, the list goes on

Olives, olives are the only food that makes me gag. I love olive oil though. Fuck olives

I don't like raw onions, but I put them in almost everything I cook.

To be fair, plain boiled potatoes aren't really appetizing

i love scrambled or fried egg, but if i don't have something to eat them with i find it revolting. boiled is okay with a tad bit of seasoning. never really experienced poached before except for some fancy shcmancy brunch shit.

I don't like raw tomatoes but I love every single thing pretty much made out of them. I just can't into slicing them raw and eating them or biting them like an apple like my significant other does.

On a side note, I seriously never realized until you posted this that cornflakes cereal is made from corn. I never knew what it was but I just never made the connection either. It tastes nothing like corn and doesn't resemble corn in any way much unlike corn tortillas and other products. I may actually be pretty dumb after this realization.

Mine is also corn. I like the flavor but I can't stand the kernels, like I love cornbread but if there are pieces of corn in it NOPE

Peanuts. Peanut oil is great cooking oil, peanut butter is delicious and satisfying, peanuts themselves are obnoxious filler that ruins good nut mixes.

>never realized until you posted this that cornflakes cereal is made from corn
>never realized
>cornflakes
>made of corn
>I may actually be pretty dumb
well, yeah

White chocolate. I hate it on its own but I like cookies with white chocolate chips in them, and other desserts that can incorporate it with other flavors and textures.

>boiled potatoes
>not appetizing
are you american?
humans tend to really love starch rich foods
herbs m8

>plain boiled
>plain
>implying the absence of herbs or seasoning

Lrn 2 read

when i hear plain
i hear "not loaded with fat/grease/salt
i digress
plain potato is delicious for me anyway, a bit of seasoning is always nice

I hate carrots but I love carrot juice.

I feel weird that I got over all of my food dislikes..
When I was a little kid I drove my parents fucking crazy because I hated just about everything and they had so much trouble getting me to eat.
One by one over the years I've learned to get over my dislike of everything, and pretty much everything I used to hate I now love.
The last hold-out was olives, which I only got over earlier this year.

I guess I'm still avoiding random weird animal parts like fish and pig heads and hooves and brains and shit like that.... but technically that's not because I think they taste bad... and I actually got over my disgust of a few organ meats thanks to my favorite chinese and mexican places..

still... brains... ewww... and pig feet... pigs walk around in shit all day.. how could you ever clean that well enough?

I fucking hate banana and any kind of food or dish made using it but i really love the banana flavoring on pocky

I can't stand onions unless they're in something like a curry, salsa or blended soup.

>biting them like an apple
He/she's the weird one here

Why would you boil potatoes and not mash them?

I like raw red onion in my salads. Sliced real nice and thin.

But there's a point where onions are cooked but not quit cooked to shit where I can't stand them. Maybe I just have bad memories of them, but they're like little chewy, fibrous blades of grossness. It's like when you have an onion ring, and your first bite drags half of the onion out of the batter. That shit is terrible.

>I feel weird that I got over all of my food dislikes..
Good for you, man. One of my friends won't eat seafood or mushrooms or tomatoes or broccoli and a whole array of other really normal foods. I love the guy but eating with him is a painful experience. He subsists on chicken fingers and cheddar cheese.

So be glad you got over that nonsense.

ham and bacon. not because of their taste but because of their consistency for the most part. i dont mind other pork products at the same time though.

i cant eat apples either while i am perfectly fine with the juice. once i bite into an apple my mouth and throat swells up... i dont have that problem with anything else

It's a convenient way to cook potatoes. I do it all the time.

tomato.

Retard

if you've never had them you should try boiled peanuts

Hey buddy fuck you olives are amazing