What is the secret to good fried rice?

What is the secret to good fried rice?
The fried rice I make always ends up having either no flavor at all, or being so packed with seasoning and soy sauce that it's nigh inedible.

FIRSTLY, MAKE SURE YOUR RICE IS PRE-COOKED AND AGED APPROPRIATELY IN DRY AND COOL CONDITIONS. DAY OLD RICE IS BEST. SECONDLY, THE BALANCE OF SOY SAUCE, BUTTER, GARLIC, AND SEASONINGS IS SUBJECT TO TASTE. IN ALL HONESTY IT IS BEST TO ADD BUTTER, SOY, GARLIC, AND SALT IN SMALL INCREMENTS AND TASTE AS YOU GO TO DEVELOP YOUR PREFERENCE. AS A SECRET INGREDIENT, ADD A BIT OF SUGAR AS WELL. ADD VEGGIES AND MEAT (ALSO PRE-COOKED) TO TASTE AND TOSS IT ALL TOGETHER WITH THE RICE.

ENJOY.

Rei, why don't you post with your trip any more?

WHAT THE HELL IS A REI?

mine is good in flavour but isnt dry enough
i leave the rice in a fridge for a day and dont add too much oil so i have no idea why this happens

The hero we deserve.

WELL THEN I HOPE YOU RECEIVE HIM. YOU SEEM LIKE AN AGREEABLE FELLOW.

I just leave mine in the rice maker on warm for a couple days perfect every time

try fluffing it while in the fridge or leaving the top off for an hour or two or lose some extra moisture

Ask the kebabs, they know their shit.
>tfw no proper kettle for plov

fuck off fede

Even with cruise control you still have to steer.

Why is that egg cooked? You're supposed to mix RAW egg in with your rice.

The secret is the rice being completely devoid of moisture by the time it's in the wok.

Don't use soggy rice for fried rice.

If your rice looks like in the pic related, then it'll remain that way in and out of the wok.

In order to cook, one must first be able to taste.

Hemroid blood and elf cum

Oyster sauce is easy mode for fried rice.

This. I usually use this and mushroom flavored soy sauce. I've found them more compatible with long grain Jasmine rice than other store bought soy sauce brands (like Kikkoman which seems best for short grain sushi rice).

Toasted sesame oil

Before trying to cook rice, one must first learn how to cook a fucking egg.

Thank you master. Anything else this grasshopper must know before enlightenment?

Before learning how to cook a fucking egg, one must first learn if it came before or after the chicken.

Neither a chicken nor an egg can come, only a good cook can make one come by utilizing either ingredient properly.

Egg came first i cant believe people don't know this it's 2015

What rice is best? I only have basmati.

Any rice will do as long as it's not soggy.