When's the last time any of you cu/ck/s ate at your local family-owned Mexican restaurant?

When's the last time any of you cu/ck/s ate at your local family-owned Mexican restaurant?

>Mexican
Never.

BUILD

Locally I have a bunch of good family run options for Mexican ranging from trucks to bakeries to restaurants. Hit them twice a month.

Today
>t. Californian

Pretty sure the majoriy of restraurants in my town are family-owned Mexican restaurants/taquerias/trucks/carnecerias etc., so I go to them pretty often

t. also Californian

Last week and it wasn't that great.

We don't even have one. To be fair I live in a pretty small place of only 20,000, to be fairer we have like 4 Indian places and not one Mexican?

There are no Mexicans in Nova Scotia.

Are u Canadian by chance?

I stopped going to the one closest to me. The food was never that great and one time when I went there, something weird happened.
I asked for a box and the waiter came back with a box but then took my food.
Pretty sure he was the one of maybe two people working that night. The place was empty outside the bar.

no Mexican restaurants in rural NZ. shame cause when I went to America I couldn't get enough of it.

Mexican restaurants are getting the old Chinese restaurant vibe. As Chinese restaurants are becoming less uniform and more "family owned" I'm seeing McMexican restaurants with the same suppliers and decor popping up everywhere.

Yes

The wet backs were rude to my dad and it's probably just a front for drugs.

There's a taco place near where I used to go to university literally called: Julio's Taco "Specials". With the quotation marks and everything. How they never got shut down is beyond me because they sold weed pretty openly.

Lol I'm sorry

Being a Canadian is dope. I get paid more money in my field than I would anywhere else on the planet (except Belgium for some reason), the people are nice, and I like the cold.

Like a week ago, La Caretta in Portland, Oregon; pretty good place, I've been going here with my family since I was a kid and I bring my kids now.

a number of years ago

I didn't actually eat there, I got a whole bunch of marshmallows, got them all wet so they were sloppy and wet, ran in the front door with a bunch of my friends, threw them all over the place, at the walls and customers and stuff, and ran away into the night

Been a month or so, there's a shit ton of mexican places around here due to a high hispanic population, due to available jobs.

Nothing remotely 'authentic', but only autists care about that shit. Good food though, for sure.

There are no local mexican restaurants in my part of Australia.

The funny thing is that I make home-made enchiladas and people look at me like i'm a fucking wizard.

Californian as well... at least once a week if not more.. I fucking love mexican food.

Carne tacos.. California burritos.. steak burritos.

I dont eat wetback food