Banana "ice cream"

>banana "ice cream"
>zucchini "noodles"
>spaghetti squash
>cauliflower pizza/rice/tacos/wings/mashed "potatoes"

What are some faux foods that people need to stop saying taste like the real thing?

soy-based meat products are literally worse than hitler
maybe if he'd won they wouldn't exist

>zucchini "noodles"
whoever invented these needs to have their dick jammed in one of those spiralizer things.

I thought banana ice cream meant banana splits

Tofu products are tasty in their own right, but the resentment comes when marketers try to sell them as meat substitutions which they do not resemble in the slightest.

Do you have "tofurkey" where you live

I've actually had banana ice cream made in-house at one of my small local ice cream joints and it tasted exactly like real bananas.

they also made a sweetcorn ice cream, which unfortunately tasted exactly like real sweetcorn

their pumpkin pie ice cream though... oh my fucking god is it delicious.

not even vegetarian but I think faux meat tastes pretty good

>What are some faux foods that people need to stop saying taste like the real thing?

All of them.

That said, a lot of the faux foods are pretty good in their own right. More enjoyable when you like them for what they are.

OP isn't talking about banana ice cream, they are talking about banana "ice cream".

Chocolate avocado "mousse".
Saw it 100 times, laughed at the idiots who swore it actually tasted good, saw Jamie Oliver do it, saw Escoffier online post a vid of it, still thought it was retarded, saw it a 100 more times, finally saw it on a blog that I've been fllowing for years and that has never let me down despite claiming to make "healthier" dessert. The post described how the blog owner tried it and thought it was so vile she refused to try again until a year or two later or something, but that she tried it with her own recipe and finally got it to taste good. Was wondering how that could be physically possible, but since she didn't like the "mousse" the first time, she had proven herself to be a person with functioning taste buds so maybe she was onto something.

Tried it myself.
Gagged.

American "cheeses"

Banana ice cream is blended frozen bananas that you can flavour with other fruits or flavourings. The end-result is creamy and delicious, but tastes nothing like ice cream for obvious reasons. I saw a recipe promise that it tastes NOTHING like bananas because "something about the freezing and blending process removes the banana taste completely! Magic!" Horseshit. Cold mashed banana will always taste like cold mashed banana.

who is this gril

Yogurt replacing sour cream or mayo is retarded and doesn't work.

Hitler was a vegetarian who made fun of meat eaters.

who is this semen demon

Lily-Rose Depp, newfriends

I thought it might have been a full picture of mouth-chan. You probably don't know what I'm talking about, it's a girl that posts here and occasionally posts a picture of half of her face.

cauliflower sauce is dope. just sayin

>not liking cauliflower rice

get fucked it's delicious.

Texturized Vegetable Proteins (TVPs) are chill as long as they don't press them into the shape of a chicken leg or whatever. It's not meat. Don't pretend like it is. Let it be some weird, tofu-like crossover.

>The end-result is creamy and delicious
... a normal banana is easily ten times better.

tvp is not the same as tofu/faux meat.
When used properly, it's just a filler to stretch meat.