Salad. You should be eating some every day

Salad. You should be eating some every day.

Just came up with this idea today, turned out pretty good. I was inspired by the ingredients in hummus.

Dressing:
>1 tbsp yellow mustard
>2 tbsp sriracha
>Juice of a small lemon, around 2-3 tbsp
>1 tbsp of tahini

Solids:
>lettuce
>scallions
>chickpeas
>chopped carrot

The dressing is really thick because of the tahini and sriracha without needing tons of oil, so it clings to everything better and you can use more without getting a pool of liquid at the bottom.

Post your favorite recipes, dressings, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=61
youtube.com/watch?v=0u5rGboH_Zw
hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2014/8/19/cashew-sour-cream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2 tbsp sriracha

Dickhead. Why spoil things with that?

What do you recommend instead? I quite like the mild level of spice and flavor that it adds

I can't stand salad. Don't really love the taste of lettuce, but every single salad dressing I've tried is fucking vile and makes the whole bowl have this nasty soggy texture.

What do?

That recipe doesn't sound like what is in your picture. If you're gonna post oc, do it right.

Eat your salad

What about balsamic?

Less dressing.

Use small amount hummus.

Salad isn't very healthy, it's just not unhealthy. Vegetables or fruit have much more micro nutrients. Salad is literally just water and fiber.

I use as little as humanly possible but it just corrupts everything it touches.

I think I tried it years ago, but I could give it another shot

You mean lettuce, not salad
Lettuce = crispy leafs
Salad = dish of mixed veggies

I prefer my vegetables fried or roasted. Thanks anyway.

it's true you should be eating a lot of raw vegetables/fruit. some at every meal is best

favorite recipe.hmmm... lets see. look at box with veggies, open fridge, . what should go first? thats my salad. even make my own dressing (sour cream, herbs)

>Sriracha
Degenerate

>lettuce is just fiber and water guise

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=61

Yeah I dropped the ball on that one. I'll make another one today after I go food shopping and I'll post it. Sorry for being retarded.

Wa la.

>salad
>winter
>yellow mustard
>sriracha

Low class pleb spotted.

Can I make broccoli salad? Pls share recipe

>sui choy
>fennel
>purple cabbage
>walnuts
>cheese
>toss this in bowl
>mix can of tuna with 1/2 tps of mayo, 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard, dash of ponzu, pepper, drizzle of olive oil
>heat that shit up in a frying pan
>put on top of salad and serve

The hot tuna warms the cheese making it soft and delicious while also adding enough flavor that you don't even need salad dressing.

Salads are easy to get creative with. It's good to have different textures and sizes. Here's something I just googled and it sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll make it next time I go food shopping.

Thank you that looks great. I'm getting really tired of eating my broc just boiled. I'll try that

You really don't need a recipe for salad

Pick some vegetables that taste good raw and throw them in a bowl and then top with whatever dressing you like.

You want broccoli salad? add broccoli, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts and lets say red peppers. You now have a broccoli salad.

here, just don't mind the fat hands youtube.com/watch?v=0u5rGboH_Zw

>alfalfa sprouts
Are those safe to eat raw?

>inspired by hummus
>no garlic

r u dum

>sriracha

Are you?

Made a taco salad tonight
>Lettuce + Balsamic vinegar
>Pico de gallo
>Beans
>Gaucamole
>Cashew Sour Cream
hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2014/8/19/cashew-sour-cream
>Coarse chopped tomato
>Olives
>Scallion

Looked a lot like pic related minus the tortilla chips & cheese. I would have added some corn if I had any.

Watermelon feta salad is my favorite. Some olive oil and mint and you're fucking set.