Why didn't anybody tell me this place was so good...

Why didn't anybody tell me this place was so good? It's literally the midwest's version of whataburger/in-n-out except the food is actually good

It's good and cheap. Noting remarkable, but I prefer it over any other fast food restaurant.

When I was in high school my friends and I would hang out there late at night. Once I puked all over the table because I took too much Vicodin. Good burgers tho

The support for places like whataburger and in-n-out stems from self-distinct localities, i.e., California and Texas. People who know that SnS has good food just don't feel the need to toot its horn, i.e., the rest of America. Although SnS has good food, I have more pride in more important things that aren't HAMBURGERS... But get a classic patty melt if you haven't already. *hnnnnnng*

Never had a patty melt but the frisco melt makes me jizz my pants

Frisco melt is the best thing on their menu

As someone who eats whataburger once a week or more Steak n Shake is not even close to being similar.

Shhh, we don't want people to know that

It's alright. I eat there way more often than I should though. I'm still pissed that they got rid of the Pepperjack Melt.

I'm actually from the town that it was founded in. I remember going to the original location with my grandpa as a kid. Back then the decor was different than the rest of the restaurants, they kept it kind of retro, what it was like back in the 50s.

Then they updated it to look just like every other restaurant. And then like 15 years ago they sold the building to a mediocre regional pizza chain. Pic related.

Shit still pisses me off. Have some respect for your history.

Had it for the first time about 10 years ago when I was stationed in Ohio. Didn't care for the food, but the shakes were #THICC and delicious.

No restaurants were I live now, but I make it a point to stop by one if I'm driving through the Mid-West region.

They're also all over the South.

>implying I'd ever go to the South US

This is Trump's America now and I don't feel like getting deported to Gitmo.

Burgers are decent. Shakes are good. Fries suck

>deported to Gitmo

Naw. If you'uns come down hyar, we'll just shoot ya.

THIS 2BH

Royale Steakburger and the Garlic Steakburger are close seconds

>It's literally the midwest's version of whataburger/in-n-out
No, thats Culvers
Where are Steak and Shake even popular, don't think I have sen any near me and I am in the midwest

Monical's is good, faggot.

t. Peoriafag

wanna hang out?

One of the few things I miss about living in Florida. Definitely better than in-n-out and whatabuger.

The last time I got seriously ill from food it was a Steak n Shake.

Literally worst customer service in any fucking format. I have never been to a Steak N Shake that wasn't employed by half brained ingrates or lazy teenagers.

Maybe. Would you cook me something?

This is true.
>eat in, order a burger, takes half an hour to come out
>go through the drive thru, order the same burger, out in a minute and a half

Depends. Would you blow me?

The only times I've had this is at turnpike rest stops and it was ass desu

I liked to get a double steakburger or grilled cheese with baked beans. Not a fan of their fries, I usually skip 'em.

Frisco melt is the most hit or miss menu item at any restaurant ever.

There's one in my town and I've been there a total of one time. The line at the drive-through is alwas wayyyy too long and we were unimpressed with what we got.
Good news is there's a Freddy's in town now, too, which is dank as shit.

Only if you take me to Lou's afterwords.

Then it's a (gay) date.

Fags.

>Why didn't anybody tell me this place was so good?
It's not because /ck tryhards shit on any restaurant that qualifies as a chain. I promise. Also pic not related

Steak and Shake is the only fast food chain that actually makes food that is seriously spicy. Their cajun sauce burger is SO good

Why did they get rid of their mini fries? That was the best novelty of the entire chain.

Cajun and garlic burger are so good. Finished the 7x7 one time when I was drunk

When I visited America I went here and tried to order a steak and a shake.

I was extremely disappointed.