How does one combat burger shrinkage?

How does one combat burger shrinkage?
They always come out smaller than my bun even though I make the patties huge.

Keep making the patties large, but give them sort of a saucer shape where the center of it is thinner than the edges, then when it cooks you'll end up with a nice even shape instead of that giant thick bulge in the middle

this, 100%. Imagine a "red blood cell" sort of shape.

HAVE YOU TRIED TALKING TO THEM IN A SWEET TONE?

GROUND BEEF RESPONDS WELL TO POSITIVITY

use ground beef with a lower fat content, just be careful when cooking them as they dry out faster and nobody likes a dry burger

Post relevant responses if you're going to type like a shit head

SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS WHO GO ON Veeky Forums AND ACT LIKE NORMIES

You're on the wrong board.

I normally make a dent in the middle of the patty and they turn out fine most of the time. Using freshly grounded meat helps as well.

nope

FLIP MOAR

People on /b/ don't even act like this anymore you mental defective. Everyone is tired of you tracking your caps lock diarrhea across the board

there's a reason they use these at burger joints

it allows the shrinkage to occur in terms of thickness, not surface area

try cooking them on lower temp or for s shorter time , its about you rendering out all the juice, like when you cook bacon at a to high temp you get the shriveled style bacon

You're on the wrong site normie faggot

>>>rebbit

this makes sense, does anyone have experience with this

That's not how this works.

Yes, liberal arts graduates.

kek

Dip your fingers in water and allow the burgers to get a bit wet

adding salt to the meat mixture helps with water retention during cooking.

That's a shit shitpost, better luck next time

Combination of the responses here. Liberally salt and pepper your patties before throwing them on the grill, that'll retain some of the salts. Also brush your patties with some oil before grilling, I like using olive oil since it adds a nice flavor to plain beef patties. higher fat content means less of the fat of the beef is being lost causing shrinkage. Dimple your patties by pressing your thumb in the middle, when the patty shrinks the middle expands making a football shape, with the dimple the swelling of the middle cancels out the dimple making a normal looking patty. Make sure the beef your using has some moisture in it before hand. if you leave the meat uncovered in the fridge it'll be dry and it will lose water quickly.

Don't add moisture into the ground meat. Water = steam = puffed up pattys.

detective*

Are you buying shitty beef? Because if you're buying something like 73/27 you're going to lose a ton of your mass when the fat cooks off.

Get a Nicknack brand paddyrack. That will secure your meat while it fries.

if you eat it raw you can save a lot of money by not letting the fat burn away

make patty bigger

Stop buying 73/27

Do you have to give your dog a bone?

I'll be in my Lab.

I'm going to piss a lot of you cu/ck/s off, but this is how I do burgers:

1Lb of 73/27 beef
o.5lb of beef fat

Grind them together and it's roughly 50/50 fat/beef

Then I sous vide them

Then i bring a pan up to 500 degrees with coconut oiland sear them for 30 seconds each side

Classic /b/ro

Doesn't sound bad, whats the problem? You rend most of that fat out pan cooking leaving in the flavour from the fat.

you can just use a spatula

don't make patties, make meatballs and then smash them down flat on to the hot pan

make bun smaller

Use leaner beef and don't ever buy it pre-ground for any reason. The butcher at your grocery store should grind anything you bring to him for free.

>butcher
>grind my meat

No. $50.00 on amazon for a 1500 wat grinder with 3 dies. Components alumimum, so you have to hand wash and coat with oil. Big deal.

Ground a portion of my deer prior to storage this year without issue.

dent in the middle on both sides, our flatten them and freeze them, frozen don't do that shit.

oh sorry I though this was keep them from becomming ball episode.

why would you need to coat aluminum with oil?

keeps the durr from stickin'