What is Veeky Forums's opinion on artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks? Veeky Forums may hate soda...

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks? Veeky Forums may hate soda, but what about when there's no nutritional detriment involved?

>no nutritional detriment
>artificial sweeteners

pick one

It's like my childhood chemistry set in my mouth!

What are the detriments of artificial sweeteners?

In the quantities we consume, not much.

But why would someone drink diet when it tastes so much shittier than regular? The only diet drink that doesn't blow is coke zero.

all but guaranteed to get cancer

i grew up with it thanks to mom and sisters. i doubt i would have liked it under any other circumstance but now its the only cola i do like.

I use stevia, a bit more expensive but it tastes good enough.

I have never had a sweetener that was good. I would rather just not have sugar than to ruin anything with sweeteners.

aspartame causes cancer.

I'm drinking some zero-sugar lemonade right now and it takes identical to the real thing.

Why has it been certified safe by so many food authorities if you're guaranteed to get cancer from it?
Or is this one of these misleading memes, like 100% of water-drinkers will die?

>zero tastes like the real thing.
>gluten free is just like the real thing.
>you can't even taste this thing has no sugar/fat/taste.

I really belive most People must have some kind of lack of taste.

I put aspartame in just about everything. It tastes just like sugar and I still have all my teeth, so I'd say it is working for me.

Yes, because we all know how trustworthy the FDA is...

Indeed. Can't trust any government officials, especially after they faked the moon landings and covered up 9/11.

What brand do you get, and where?

All tests done by the FDA on the substance in question are literally paid for by the makers of the substance. There are innumerable testimonies from people who used to work there and were asked to falsify data.

When looking at artificial substances/medicines that were approved by the FDA and later recalled because of detrimental effects, a vast majority were recalled just after the producing company broke even (earned back enough to cover what they would have lost had it not gone to market).

hehe xd rawr

No, no, I'm not arguing with you - I agree! Just like NASA paid for a "moon landing" to be set-up in order to renew government spending on the organisation, and Bush paid in order to save his Jewish accomplices from being exposed for the WTC attacks.

You can't trust the government over anything.

Woah! American education everybody!

How does it feel to have no tastebuds?

It feels delicious.

No need for personal attacks, dude. You conspiracy theorists are always so touchy.

Did you make it yourself?

Kirks Sugar-Free Lemonade. Tastes exactly the same as the sugar-sweetened version.

I just avoid sweet drinks in general. Not an issue.

I prefer diet sodas over ones that have no sugar. Regular soda just tastes like candy to me, and leaves gross residue on your teeth afterwards. Diet soda is more like an actual beverage. Also, Vitamin Water Zero is the greatest thing to have ever graced this planet.

If you rinse your mouth with water afterwards, the residue is mostly gone. You're not wrong in that it just tastes like candy, though...

>I prefer diet sodas over ones that have no sugar.

What

>Regular soda just tastes like candy to me, and leaves gross residue on your teeth afterwards
I feel exactly that but with diet sodas instead, not regular.

Caffeine-free Coke Zero FTW.

fyi sucrose causes bacteria to grow in your mouth and produce lactic acid faster which burns your enamel and causes holes

Can't wait for Trump to cut FDA regulations to nothing and laugh at you bootlicking mainstream cucks who dismiss everything with the "conspiracy theorist" psy op. Cant wait until we get China-tier with loyalist retards denying fake eggs and gutter oil as Hong Kong lies.

>but what about when there's no nutritional detriment involved?

Your body responds to it the same way it responds to sugar. So even if it's 0 calories, your body goes into fat storage mode anyway.

This is bad for you whether or not you're diabetic.

There's no pleasing you conspiracy nuts. This thread is supposed to be about artificial sweeteners, and instead we've got a bootyblasted Hillary shill making stories up.

Are you fucking retarded? Did you ever bother Googling the stupid shit you believe instead of taking everything you read on "I Fucking Love Science" as fact?

"Fat storage mode," jesus fucking christ. Sure feels "high school drop-out" in here.

Legal loopholes, like how long something needs to take to affect your body in a negative way to be considered correlative with the substance in question.

It works that way with our health care system too, like how dentists won't tell you your root canal will increase your risk of a heart attack because it can be blamed on other shit.

It's one thing to call out tinfoiler /x/ retards out on their shit but it's pure evil to deny that big pharma looks the other way when it comes to this.

truvia isn't artificial, just buy something stevia in it, sweet leaf brand is great, comes from a plant.

Stevia is fucking overprized appeal to nature disgusting tasting bullshit.
I'll stick to saccharin / cyclamate, which I rarely use

Complete shit. Even worse for you then just eating a bunch of cane sugar.

"Diet" sodas are even more disgusting than regular soda.

The only time I will ever touch soda if it's a very specific foreign brand. And that's very rarely. Soda is still awful for you.

Stevia doesn't hit the glutamate receptors in your brain like aspartame does.

That said, Stevia takes like shit just like every other zero calorie sweetener.

I just drink regular soda in moderation

Guaranteed you eat huge ass plates of fried food

I eat huge amounts of your mom's pussy.

They honestly make me sick. Even the smallest amount is sickly-sweet

Weirdly though diet soda doesn't bug me. I like diet soda much more than regular soda.

diet soda is artificially sweetened you mong

>weirdly though diet soda doesn't bug me
that's what's weird, speedy

I know that, which is why i said "weirdly though" you fucking retard.

my bad

wow someone admitted they were wrong on Veeky Forums

>Aspartame
Causes cancer. Also tastes like absolute shit.
>Xylitol
Makes you pee out your butt
>Sucralose
Tastes like absolute shit. Really bad or your teeth
>Stevia
Tastes less like shit, but still not good. At least it doesn't make you pee out your butt.

>like how dentists won't tell you your root canal will increase your risk of a heart attack because it can be blamed on other shit.

Not doubting you, just curious. How is root canal related to heart disease?

ive been using splenda a lot now. with my coffee, im only using one packet where i would need 2 for regular sugar. its not too different, and its better for me.

>conveniently leaves out erythritol, king of artificial sweeteners

What's your problem with stevia anyway? Why is it "still not good"?

fat people shit

Don't like the taste. It just tastes "off" to me, almost too sweet, even in really small amounts.

I don't mind it in baked goods, but I consume a lot of my sugar in tea/coffee and I haven't come across a single artificial sweetener that doesn't remind me I'm using an artificial sweetener when taking a sip

Artificial sweeteners are for people who cannot balance their diet to take account of a reasonable amount of cane sugar.

Disgusting degenerate fucks.

I like them precisely for that reason
I don't actually want to taste sugar or sweetness when I'm drinking tea or coffee, just to balance out the bitterness - a little artificial sweetener is perfect for that

If the tea is bitter, either you steep it too long, or use shittiest black tea.

>What brand do you get, and where?
great value aspartame. 250 packets for about 2 bucks.

life is too short to care about this shit (unless you're diabetic and can't have real sugar)

the laws of thermodynamics argue otherwise

Can't be beat.

They all taste fucking weird and I cannot imagine that a single packet of real sugar is that much worse for you than this chemical shit, it can't have THAT many more calories

he wasn't arguing that you would gain weight
he was arguing your body will release insulin just like it would with sugar and start to store fat at higher levels.

it also makes you hungrier and consume more calories when you trick your body into thinking it's getting calories that it's not actually getting

>all these skinnyfat numale Dr Oz cucks bashing artificial sweeteners

Wew lad

I like Equal in my iced tea because it dissolves better than sugar. Only time I use it.

I don't give a fuck about food pseudoscience, I just think aspartame and whatever else they use in artificial sweeteners tastes disgusting

>your body goes into fat storage mode anyway.

Holy shit kill yourself you fucking retard.

You're clearly not the one being referenced then