>no one sells it
>I'll have to make it
>all the recipes make a bathtub sized amount of it
>so I just don't make any

>not just making it in your bathtub
pleb

Okay now this may br crazy but
Make a smaller amount?

Never heard of banana pudding before. It sounds amazing.

It's almost Christmas user. Why not treat yourself to a bathtub of banana pudding?

All the things you buy to make banana pudding A LOT.
There is no way to make a single serving of banana pudding.

>take recipe
>cut ingredient portions in half

wow that was fucking hard

or better yet, make a fuckload of pudding and eat it every day for a week. maybe you'll think next before you have the bright idea of making banana fucking pudding YOU FUCK.

ITT user can't into basic math

the same things happens when you want to make stuff like lasagna or stew or brownies.

I looked up the recipe and I see the problem. Hard to cut down, minimum you make 7 servings

The recipe is 8oz of cream cheese, a can of condensed milk, milk, vanilla, banana and nilla wafers. These ingredients are about twenty bucks likely. If you can't afford this and won't be using the milk or vanilla for anything else you shouldn't be making banana pudding you tub of goo

he's not talking about cost. he's talking about how he doesn't want to make a gallon of pudding.

honestly though, i say you go for it OP. binge on nanner pudding for a week.

I'm thinking of making it and giving it to my brother/sister-in-law and my niece after I take the portion I want.

I don't like wasting food and I definitely don't want to eat it for a full week.

Dude...

bring left overs to work and fatten up the office tubbies

>cook and serve
You need the instant stuff or else it will be soupy.

Get out of the kitchen you have no idea what the fuck you are doing.

Never made this or any type of pudding from powder, but he wants a small amount for cheap.

well banana pudding is different than banana flavored pudding.

Banana pudding is pie/layered thing

When I was a teenager I got my job at Kroger only because they sold fresh banana pudding at the deli. I would eat that shit exclusively.

They sell banana pudding at almost ever grocery store in America. Publix is best.

>tfw my publix is a city publix and doesn't have their based deli

and it's literally blocks away

Fug I love banana pudding. My favorite part is the pudding soaked Nilla wafers.

I know what you mean though. I like the Paula Deen recipe and it makes too much. You have to have other people to share it with.

Just go to the supermarket and get the instant banana pudding mix for like $1.29.

is that like a dessert hurgin?

Typical Jello boxes like that will make about 2 cups. Even if you're a fatty with little self control, thats easily 2 desserts.

>what is a freezer

Just buy some pudding cups and add a few cookies and a shot of whipped cream from a can.

That is pretty much my white trash banana pudding but you need to add sliced banana elso. My other white trash desert is buying a single brownie from QT (they are fairly large) cutting the center out and putting a cup of chocolate pudding in it and covering with whipped cream from the can and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.

Make a bathtub of pudding and then give leftovers to hobos.

>Make a bag of Jell-o brand banana pudding
>put in small dish with slices of bananas and Nilla wafers
>problem fucking solved

they sell it at walmart deli. looks like shit but maybe you'd like it.

I just had some pudding I made in a blender with bananas, sweet potato, chia, coconut, almonds, cashews, dates, vanilla. It doesn't need all of those, but they were already on the counter.

>not knowing how to cut a recipe in half or quarters or whatever amount you want

Learn some basic math.

Then don't eat it all in one sitting.

it's just banana custard. you need like, an egg, some sugar, some cream or milk and a couple of bananas, maybe some vanilla. sure it's not exceptionally convenient but it's not impossible to buy single eggs. any excess milk or cream can be used for sauces or whatever in the future.

i really don't see a big problem

In my experience it's not a matter of cutting the recipe so much as it is "where the fuck am I going to put what's left of the ingredients and how the fuck am I going to use them?"

Living alone can be difficult in that regard. You either have to waste a lot, pay a shitload more for those smaller, single serving products, or make a lot of freezer friendly foods so you can just reheat them next week.

LOL I really appreciate the sentimentality behind this post.

>you FUCK

Make a half recipe and give some of into to your neighbor or the cute waifu down the hall whose fuck buddy chad thundercock can eat it after they bang and they laugh about how pathetic you are, user
This is what you wanted isn't it

>buying single eggs

My god

Just eat what you want, then freeze the rest.