Cook along, OC

We interrupt your regular scheduled fast food thread to bring you this.

Hey cu/ck/s , Its chilly up here in little arabia, i mean canada, and i thought i'd make some hot soup. Hope you'll all tune in for some homemade borscht.

I'm doing this one a bit differently. Starting off with some beef. The bone has been removed, because I plan on using some of this for sandwhiches. Not pictured is the bones and concentrated stock.

The fixins for sandwhiches, my niggers. Remind you of an ex perhaps? Nothing like a saturday evening filled with beef curtains eh?

Here's a bit of the concentrated stock, I fucked up and already poured most in (had 4 of these)

Simmering some other bones and stuff I had, added stock to it. picture quality - potato level

A few of our key ingredients

Not, obviously not the oranges or apples.

Probably heresy, but I like a little turnip in my soups. I slice them into matchstick size/juliene

Don't forget to add the slavic secret ingredient when you saute those onions and stuff

Peeling the beats, time to grate them

Love that color. Sneaky cabbage off to the side, but it won't escape.

Haha, weird, from this angle it looks like half as much as I used.
Anyway, there's the cabbage (about 3/4 of a medium head, shredded to your liking)

Now add about a quarter cup or more of fresh dill.
Sheppard boy is not even close to impressed with the packaged dill I have. Anyway, if you're an asshole like me use whatever you have, even if that means dried.

Shepherd*

Not too much carrot, I don't really like tons in soup. I took my time with these and sliced into small sticks, similar to the turnip

Be sure to strain your stock a few times, look at this nasty shit. Feed it to the neighbours dog or something, i dunno. I'm throwing it away.

Was tough to get a pic of the pot, fucking steam kept buggering my camera lense. Here you go, co/ck/s

Thinking of making a 'go' za' while it simmers, what do you guys think

here's the start of it

Looks good. Could use a bit of green, IMO.

sorry, I had ran out of green pepper :S
How about some spicy sausage meat?

in oven now

Done!

Looks sumptious. Don't mind if I have a slice do you?

Go ahead m8. I have more too

Was actually hoping someone would rate my 'za when i posted, haha. Even more than the soup.

Here's a couple more. Don't remember making them, was probably hammered af

plz respond

Why do you cut them like a Cultural Marxist?

Well I cut them in half, and then make slices out of one of the halves. Not a commie, just seemed to make sense to me.

Why don't you cut them all the way?

got any bottom pics? ive never had much luck getting good crust with those pizza pans.

Oh, I thought some animal got splattered based on the thumbnail...

you mean cut an entire large pizza into slices? Doesn't really make sense to me, i only want 1 or 2 and usually there's only 1-2 other people here. We don't tend to eat an entire pizza (or 2) in one sitting. Not even Veeky Forums either.

sorry I didn't take any, I would right now but too lazy. One tip i can give is use a couple of spatula's and check how the crust is, while its cooking, when its not dough-y anymore, try and slip it off the pan directly onto the rack. Be careful, there is a 50% failure rate on this... takes practice. I've fucked about 4 pizzas doing it before i got it just right. Bake for a bit, then you'll get a semi-crusty golden color on your pizza. Also, don't ever use white sugar, it ruins it. I use honey everytime for my dough. harder to roll out maybe but way better dough.

that will be the next cook along, don't worry dexter.

Damn looks delicious, could go for a slice right now.