twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sucks to be poor and stupid, eh?

oh well. off to the gym for me!

fpbp

Maybe they should get an education instead of kids

this thread....just.... LOL!

>fast food is frequently more cost-effective for low-income people
It literally isn't
For the cost of a McChicken (the best fast food sandwich) I can buy 5lb of potatoes.

Why would you buy potatoes instead of buying the best fast food sandwich?

>5 lbs of potato
>for a $1

maybe back in the 30's gramps

it's probably $5 of discount half rotten potatoes at a store for poor people like big lots (or a garbage dumpster)

>McChicken
>$1
McChickens are like $1.50
Dollar menu aint a dollar no more
Also I feel bad for you if you can't get a sack of potatoes for under $2

So their "argument" is that those people are literally dumber than some 14th century shit-covered peasants? Adequate cooking facilities my ass, you can cook with literally anything.

>Veeky Forums BTFO
>everydayfeminism.com/2014/09/classism-of-eating-healthy/

They are only fat because they are too arrogant and classist to ride a bike everywhere like I do. Cars are for entitled people.

I dont have a car and cycle for transport too but it's a lot harder if you eat fast food all the time. Fast food isn't good fuel.

I mean their point is irrelevant since rice, taters, beans, and a lot of other good fuels are cheap but their conclusion is consistent.

>rice, taters, beans

Not true. I live in a shitty apartment and my only heat producers are my phone and router. I literally can't afford fresh food because of student loans and stupid high rent.

Post your food budget.
Guarantee you're overspending on fast food and then bitching about it.

This. I'm so sick and tired of people just popping out kids. At my old workplace, there were at least three girls who had kids because the accidentally got knocked up. And yes, they were all black. I shit you not. Granted, one was light skinned, but STILL. They all talked about abortion like it was this horrible thing and why would you kill a child blah blah.

Like for fuck's sake.

You're telling me you can't afford 40 bucks to buy a hot plate off eBay? Get fucked.

this is bullshit, you are either lazy and/or stupid

It was only a matter of time before SJWs got to food. Seen some food-related "cultual appropriation" articles too

My credit cards are all maxed out and autopay destroys my checking account every payday. Don't major in social psychology. It'll get you nowhere.

the author probably thinks that SNAP should also pay for all the food a family of four needs for a month

saw a article not long ago of some college students getting offended over food in the school dining facility. seems they were offended that they were serving steamed white rice with chinese food. they claimed that wasn't correct or ethnically sensitive er sum shit . sure is correct for the local chinese place I eat at. I can't wait for the purge

>7 limes

anywhere in the 1st world you are required to have a working stove in your apartment

No shit

Maybe in your perfect utopia. Landlords done care about us colored folk. The first world is also incredibly racist.

>i make shit up cuz hatin muh sjw is cool

idk about $1, but bags of potatoes are usually under $2 where I live

And we should care about what poor people eat because? Really, all you have to do is look at them to know you shouldn't be eating like them.

What storage do you lack for produce? A fridge? There are tons of fruits and vegetables that don't require one. Also, most poor people are just dumb when it comes to money management and nutrition.

>spending money you don't have
serves you right

That's pretty messed up....

A hot plate is like 10 bux at Walmart. You can get that collecting fucking bottles for like two hours.

I think the big problem is that society views every child as being "special". Which is just not true. The world is full mongoloids because of this mentality.

legbeard hamplanets should be gassed, not only are they useless but they are ugly and smell and just make like miserable for everyone else because they are shit people.

5 lbs sack of potatos is ~$1 where I live.

It's true. And it has nothing to do with food cost. It's just the culture of poor people thinking that crappy food is acceptable to eat and serve their children. Anyone who bothers to shop and cook can serve a family of four healthy and delicious dinners for a week for about $50. Yeah, that's also about 10-14 hours spent in the kitchen to do it, but that's just the opportunity cost of having little money.

But poor people don't think that way unless they're family has immigrated recently and still has cooking traditions. Making a pot of split pea soup for dinner (enough to feed four with leftovers costs $3-$4) does take over an hour, but that's a lot of food for cheap. But no. They just buy frozen pizzas and shit like that, which is not only more expensive, but a steady diet of that crap makes you look like shit. And they do.

It's really easy to figure out what kind of foods you ought to avoid. Look at restaurants full of awful looking people, and don't eat there. Look at what's in the shopping carts of the unhealthy looking people in the supermarket. Whatever you see in their shopping carts is shit you shouldn't eat.

It's not that the poor are lazy or stupid. It's that these products are marketed to them as affordable luxuries because they're "too busy" to cook. And the poor are less skeptical of advertising than the rich, who are more likely to know people who make their living in it. Also many of them are now on the second or third generation where no one in the house knows how to cook, so it doesn't even occur to them that's a possibility.

Is she saying that rich people solely feed their children milk?

Why are liberals so incredibly fucking clueless, yet economically successful?

Case in point.

You could afford gas bottles and a stove with the money you'd save by not buying fast food and buying canned/frozen and CHEAP fresh foods (no mangos or bell peppers for you).

You'd be throwing away at least 20$ a week if you bought fast food for dinner every day, far more if you don't get the cheapest shit.

mommy and daddy's credit card debt

It really is ironic since rich people used to be fat and weak and poor people lean and strong.

This is complete bullshit. Whenever I'm low on money, I stop eating out and only cook because it's so much cheaper

>Why are liberals so incredibly fucking clueless, yet economically successful?
Coming from a soft but affluent upbringing leads you to think everything will OK if everyone just plays nice, because that's been your experience. You're not fearful about the big bad world because you're experience has been that it's a lovely place. And you don't even mind paying your taxes, as long as you have the assurance that some of your tax dollars are going to help those less fortunate than you, because that's just how a civilized world is supposed to work. Not that hard to understand, actually.

That was back before food was cheap. Now that it is the poor eat like goldfish.

Entirely incorrect. You have to factor in the mental health of these individuals as well. Poor people are more likely to be mentally ill because of how they are treated by society.