Is cheesecake a cake or a pie?

Is cheesecake a cake or a pie?
It has a crust so it has to be a pie despite being called a cake. Prove me wrong.

Are jaffa cakes a cake or a biscuit?

A cookie.

it's a pie

Cake.

Cake

Jesus, it's like you people can't even read, why is this even a debate?

I made it for my cooking class in school. You have to make it yourself to appreciate how much it's not a cake. It's just a ludicrous amount of cream cheese and sugar molded into a wheel on some crust.

Cheesecake is pie
Boston cream pie is cake
What a world

It's called a cake so it's a cake.

You're called a faggot, guess what that makes you

By most peoples definition of me, it does.

>I'm 15 and just heard about this meme from 10 years ago

Wasn't there an entire legal case about what definition Jaffa Cakes fit in?

Yeah, I think it was decided that they're cakes since biscuits go soft when they're stale and cakes go hard.

The leading case on the borderline is that concerning Jaffa cakes: United
Biscuits(LON/91/0160). Customs and Excise had accepted since the start of VAT that Jaffa cakes were zero-rated as cakes, but always had misgivings about whether this was correct.

Following a review, the department reversed its view of the liability. Jaffa cakes were then ruled to be biscuits partly covered in chocolate and standard-rated: United Biscuits (as McVities, one of the largest manufacturers of Jaffa cakes) appealed against this decision. The Tribunal listed the factors it considered in coming to a decision as follows:

• The product’s name was a minor consideration.
• Ingredients:Cake can be made of widely differing ingredients, but Jaffa cakes were made of an egg, flour, and sugar mixture which was aerated on cooking and was the same as a traditional sponge cake. It was a thin batter rather than the thicker dough expected for a biscuit texture.
• Cake would be expected to be soft and friable; biscuit would be expected to be crisp and able to be snapped. Jaffa cakes had the texture of sponge cake.
• Size: Jaffa cakes were in size more like biscuits than cakes.
• Packaging: Jaffa cakes were sold in packages more similar to biscuits than cakes.
• Marketing: Jaffa cakes were generally displayed for sale with biscuits rather than cakes.
• On going stale, a Jaffa cake goes hard like a cake rather than soft like a biscuit.
• Jaffa cakes are presented as a snack, eaten with the fingers, whereas a cake may be
more often expected to be eaten with a fork. They also appeal to children, who could eat
one in a few mouthfuls rather like a sweet.
•The sponge part of a Jaffa cake is a substantial part of the product in terms of bulk and texture when eaten.

Taking all these factors into account, Jaffa cakes had characteristics of both cakes and biscuits, but the tribunal thought they had enough characteristics of cakes to be accepted as such, and they were therefore zero-rated.

it's an carni pizza

it's actually a tart

is this a cake or a sandwich?

All deserts are pies. Even regular old pies are pies.

You can make it without cream cheese and sugar, though.

looks good i vote sandwich

Fucking delicious, that's what it is.

That sounds vile.

>cooking class
>teaches you how to make a no bake cheesecake
you're getting ripped off son

Aww gaymeribaby madmad that superior countrie's arent addicted to corn sirup and fat and arent 300 kilo's eating 7000 calerie's a meal six time's a day??

Jesus man, go take a shower. You are literally dripping in assumptuous sweat, and I'm not even the poster you responded to.

Haha gaymerilard despritley trying too save face go cry ovey youre 800 caleries off corn sirup cream.

>literally has cake in the name
>"is it a cake or a pie"

It was a cake in Roman times. Now it's a pie but the name doesn't reflect this.