Buying chain store coffee

>buying chain store coffee

Told my gf it's overpriced garbage and she called me a hipster(???)

because you don't pay for the coffe, but for the table you're sitting

even normalfags who browse 9gag think it's shit coffee

Ditch her, she's clearly too stupid to mate with.

Hey there, sir. Would you like to try our chestnut praline latte? It's one of our most popular seasonal beverages.

does she suck your dick? does she let you cum inside her? let you ride the Hershey highway? if yes to any of these, then get over it.
>captcha, select all images with coffee

not if you ask for take away and then sit down

The drip coffee is p good there for what it is. If she gets anything other than drip she's a pleb.

Starbucks makes great coffee. Snobs just bitch and moan while their hipster cafe continues to struggle because only "patricians" go there.

Starbucks coffee isn't garbage, just overpriced. She's right, you're just being contrarian.

>drinking dirt water

Filthy, filthy fucking peasant

Starbucks coffee is fine, but its no different than McDonalds stuff for a quarter of the price, or the free stuff most workplaces always have

>patricians drink coffee

McD or DD coffee is better and Cheaper

It tastes of cinder and sugar.

Their coffee is dark roast. Maybe that's not to your taste.

The default coffee is medium roast, at least in my experience (if I just say can I get a small coffee).

Roast doesn't mean burnt.

using 'burnt' as an adjective to describe the taste of a coffee is the #1 someone with no idea what they're talking about.

*#1 way to spot

>"medium roast"

Dude, the lightest roast they have is a full city-vienna. They roast darker to compensate for shit beans. And that's totally fine. The Italians have been doing that forever. The problem is the price of these shitty beans.

Daily coffee drinker, prefer medium roast, but do dark roast quite often, Starbucks is burnt crap.

Here's this meme again

>They roast darker to compensate for shit beans
I've bought their beans at the supermarket before, and to be fair to them, they weren't that bad actually. No idea if they're the same ones used in store.

Part of the reason many coffee chains use a medium to dark roast is that when roasting massive quantities of beans, a longer roasting time will provide a more consistent taste across each cup.

I feel too tired to respond to this. No, it's not horrible, but nobody will ever have a great cup of coffee from them. There is such a sadness in over-roasting some of the good beans to give consistency to all the beans. Sad corporate mediocrity. We can't have nice things sometimes so that everyone can have mediocre things all the time. People have to be like this now, too.

>people have to be like this

No they don't. If they didn't feel compelled to subscribe to the idea that the only "good" thing comes from other people saying it's good and being plastered with the corporate image all of the time and the fact it's ubiquitous, they might sample a small self roasting coffehouse that has an owner on site and controls the process.

As it is, the 'murrican consumer has bought into the notion that bigger is better, and that leads to absolute mediocrity. It does not have "to be this way".

They only grow so much coffee, and in some places the physical locations to try and acquire the good stuff are few and far between.

Veranda and Willow and Christmas Blonde are not the espresso beans, which are purposefully burnt for worldwide consistency.

You can even tell by just looking at the beans and how they come out when ground. Those taste fine, albeit a bit overpriced.

But unless their business and customers demand it, blonde is sometimes not even brewed at all. I know a corporate location nearby that only does blonde pourovers.

>source: Starbucks manager

But I can think of like 3 coffee shops and one specialty roaster within a 25 mile radius that have so much better options. Yet some of the mild roasts at Starbucks are not as dark as you suggest.
Did it ever cross your mind that people prefer different things? I adore craft beer but understand when someone says they just cannot handle stouts or porters or IPAs or sours. Different strokes.

Hey, I'm not the guy that said they were burnt. But I have a bag of the Veranda blend right here. I am holding thew beans up to numerous roast identification charts, and I keep getting full city+ to vienna (light french). On planet earth, this is considered a medium-dark roast. This is the reason I put medium in quotations. Don't be butthurt that your beans were pretty good 15 years ago, but they aren't now. It's not your fault.

>source: sane person who bought 1lb/week at Starbucks for a decade, then stopped doing that when the quality took a huge nosedive across the board.

Yeah, I get it. Some people think Folgers is the bee's knees.

Also, "purposefully burnt"? Man, you gotta work on your spiel. That does not sound good at all coming from a store manager. I applaud you though for saying it. And what the fuck? I thought they were all corporate locations. They have franchise locations now? Are those like the ones in Target or something?

>When you had one of those today
feels good man

I no longer work for them because I got a job outside of food and retail (thank God) , am on an anonymous image board, and have no real loyalty to them. I get better, cheaper coffee and espresso beverages from my local place I frequent as a custoner.

But I do remember back in August the last month I worked there that the Veranda had little to no waxy coating and the beans were a light caramel color with more fruit and less bitter tones than Pike or any other. They weren't burnt. Willow is the only bean I will actually consider buying if it is on sale.

Yes corporate is a completely different entity. I worked for one in a King Soopers (aka part of Kroger conglomerate). I was paid by Soopers, not Starbucks. Our computer system and much of the inventory was completely different. For certain specials customers would get peeved we couldn't give deals specific to standalones.

We also had specific reusable cups just for King Soopers. Also could give all grocery employees discounts, and had specific grocery coupons that can be used in our kiosks only. Hell, even Barista Bears this year for Christmas depend on if you're standalone, Target, Barnes and Nobles, Safeway, etc.

Worked as a baristo for a few years at different places, including internationally. Starbucks tastes burnt and is overpriced garbage.

Dutch Brothers is better.

McDonalds coffee is not better. It's not much worse, but it's just not better. Not where I'm from. I do like dunkin donuts coffee though.