Guys im having a hard time cooking. I hate it so much i fucking hate it!!! People always say that by cooking...

Guys im having a hard time cooking. I hate it so much i fucking hate it!!! People always say that by cooking, you'll save money rather then eating out. But im callign bullshit on this, because everytime i look on AllRecipes.com for some nice meal ideas, i end up spending $30 - $40 USD for the ingredients. While the rest gos to waste because i would have to find another recipe with those same ingredients, which basically is like winning the lottery.

On top of this, i have to clean all this disgusting grease and garbage off my dishes. Absolutely such a dreaded process.

But i dont want to give up. I want to find a way to eat home cooked meals, and save money.
I just cant figure out the algorithm which makes this possible. Please help! Thanks.

>i end up spending $30 - $40 USD for the ingredients
What the fuck are you trying to cook?

OP doesn't know how to make do. He doesn't have the brains for it. There are probably apps and sites for this.

See the thread I just created for you:

Its such bullshit that cookign saves money. Here is an example of why. 2 burgers at Mcdonalds costs me 2 bucks, give or take. So if i ate this garbage everyday for 365 days, This would cost me $730 anually plus some extra for drinks. But if i went to the grocery store and ate home cooked for 365 days. We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars. And this is not even taking into account the food that is wasted.

Paid labor to make the hamburguer vs you cooking and planning

Only if you organize and dont suddenly spend 100 dollars on fucking candy itll be cheaper :)

>He doesn't meal prep

Just buy a bunch of reusable tuboware containers off amazon. Make a weeks worth of delicous food from one recipe. Pack em in and freeze 4 out of the 7 of them. Keep the other three in the fridge and rotate one from the freezer when you heat and eat one.

Ta da

>$30-40

Fooken wot, m8

You're never going to enjoy anything with such a deliberately negative attitude.

>Its such bullshit that cooking saves money.
Cooking will save money if you actually shop responsibly.. As usual the problem is you.

Eating frozen food
Eating leftovers
Eating the same thing in a week.

Jesus poor fag plebs.

Ahh the elegance and enjoyment of eating the same shit for 7 days. Guess one couldnt wait for the start of the following week... only to eat the same shit again for 7 days.

Learn to love curry.

I eat quite well on $50-60 a month. You just need to know where to shop and know what to cook. If you're not a fucking lazy retard when shopping and planning meals you can eat very well (e.g. more than just rice and beans) for less than you would pay eating out at McDonald's or Taco Bell or wherever the fuck poor people like to eat instead of becoming responsible adults.

>i end up spending $30 - $40 USD for the ingredients. While the rest gos to waste because i would have to find another recipe with those same ingredients, which basically is like winning the lottery.
The trick is to learn a bunch of recipes that use many of the same ingredients BEFORE you go and buy stuff that's just gonna go bad.

Some things are easy. Stuff like olive oil, carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic get used in lots of recipes. If you're going to buy something more exotic and expensive have a plan in place to use whatever of it is leftover soon after. Some things are inherently sturdy, too. Leeks can last months in the fridge. So can eggs and cabbage. Part of what you cook today has to be informed by what in your fridge needs to be used soon.

low quality b8
have a (You)

>Here is an example of why. 2 burgers at Mcdonalds costs me 2 bucks, give or take.
So $2 for one meal for one? I cook lots of meals for two that give me enough leftovers for lunch the next day for under $4. The difference is the hour or so I have to spend in the kitchen to do that. But dollar for dollar cooking at home is cheaper if you know what you're doing. (It's WAY more expensive if you don't).

Yeah, but one thing im afraid of, is taking the cars out into the storm of niggers driving around outside.

you can live of 600 calories a day? (2 cheeseburgers)

wow thats impressive.i know this is but but still:

1kg of dry rice 0,89 cents
double the volume after cooking.

1 x 500g minced meat (beef/pork) 2,89 €

onions 0,69 cents per kilo

garlic 30-40 cent per clove-cluster-thing

tomatoes 1,49 € per kilo (fresh) or in cans

salt,pepper 1 € each (max), fresh basil 1,49 € (whole plant reusable)

a bit of oil

better than fucking burgers, and cheap. correctly done you can eat this for several days and spent about what? 6 bucks without the fresh herbs and spices.....

That would be even better with pasta instead of rice. Save some of the ground pork and other ingredients to go with some beans and do that with the rice. Now you have almost a week's worth of meals.

>While the rest gos to waste because i would have to find another recipe with those same ingredients

god your helpless

Same. I eat on roughly 40$ a month at school eating at home on the weekends. Anyone that spends over 100$-150$ a month is doing something wrong, that is if they arent purposely spending a lot.

I feed two most meals at home for about $40 a week. We're not even poor. I just like to cook, have the time to do so and enjoy having that money for other things like going out once in a while and buying decent bottles of wine.

Not OP, but how do you guys get your expenses down that much? I spend like $200 a month ($50 a week). Can you tell me why I'm retarded? Typical weekly purchases:

>deli sandwich meat
>sliced cheese pack (muenster or pepperjack etc)
>8 pack yogurt
>1lb ground beef
>6 pack chicken thighs
>bananas or other fruit
>small spinach tub
>2 tomatoes

Equals about $30. If you average that out with shit I buy non weekly it's $50/week. Non-weekly expenses:
>bread
>frozen veggies
>pasta noodles
>sauce for noodles
>oatmeal
>half gallon of milk

Don't buy prepared food. Sandwich meat and cheese and single serving packs of yogurt are complete rip offs. Buy ingredients and cook everything from scratch. Anything ready to eat in single serving sizes is for the lazy.

Is any of that really prepared food? What exactly would I be cooking from scratch that I don't already? Make my own bread? That's not something I want to do as a casual cooker.

Say I cut out sandwich meat, cheese, and yogurt like you said. Okay, I'm still spending $160 a month assuming I don't even buy any raw ingredients to replace them for my lunches.

Not trying to be snarky, just don't see how I could get down to $50/month on just doing that. Making my own sauce and bread, and eliminating all my lunch food isn't going to reduce my expenses by 75%. I eat oatmeal for breakfast, sandwiches with fruit and yogurt for lunch, and cook for dinner as things stand now.

he's from some retarded po'dunk town where food doesn't cost anything

you're doing well user

If you are hurting for money you need to be looking at calories/$. A lot of "healthy" food can be extremely expensive when you start looking at how many calories you are getting.

I shop almost exclusively at the grocery outlet, ethnic markets, and the flea market. I avoid shopping at regular grocery stores as much as possible. There are deals everywhere if you're willing to search them out. I live in the Bay Area which is ass-rapingly expensive, but I've found the few sweet spots. If you want to find the best meat and produce look around to find where all the Asians and Mexicans shop.

If you're shopping at regular grocery stores you're going to pay out the ass. If I paid grocery store prices for what I get I'd probably be paying ~$150-180 a month. I'm willing to bet we probably eat similarly, we just shop at different places.

Depending on what you plan to do with it, ground beef can be stretched so you don't have to use as much of it in a recipe. I'll often mix in textured vegetable protein and brown rice with ground beef when cooking casseroles or for things like tacos. Beef in general is expensive, so I rarely have it unless I get it on sale. Chicken is my go-to meat.

Root vegetables are incredibly cheap and keep very well. I almost always have potatoes, carrots, and daikon radishes around. Same thing with onions and cabbage. When I cook I always throw in some chopped up onion and cabbage to bulk up the meal and add some nutrition.

The Grocery Outlet I go to almost always has Greek yoghurt on sale for 2/$1.00, often cheaper. I'm a big fan of yoghurt, so I always stock up when there's good sale going on. If it's sealed that shit will keep for months, so don't be afraid to stockpile when there's a good deal. The other day I ate a yoghurt which was ten months past its 'best by' date and it was fine.

I'm lucky in that I have certain foods which I really like and don't mind eating for multiple days in a row. Enchiladas, Japanese curry, and baked pasta are standards for me. Cereal is good too. I love cereal.

Pretty intelligent advice overall. But you have to calculate the price of fuel and your time running all over town checking prices because most ethnic groceries don't advertise. In my city, which has only 2 large international grocers, it's a 20 minute drive between them, coupled with a 30 minute drive from my house. That shit adds up. Plus they're both in severely downgraded neighorhoods (we're talking a murder every other day) which used to be good, but the large chain grocers moved out.

Good points. It's definitely situational. I go to the flea market all the time anyway because I buy things there and sell them on eBay, so grabbing groceries while I'm out isn't out of the way. I personally don't check prices anymore because I've already found the good spots and just go to those now. Maybe some items are cheaper somewhere else but overall I know where I'm going to get the best deal shopping at one location. I definitely don't advise driving all over the place to save pennies, that's a poor mindset to have and I agree with you there.

The large chain grocers are almost always the worst place to buy produce. I can get a grocery bag full of produce from a nice Chinese family at my flea market for $5 that would cost $16-20+ at one of the cheaper grocery stores in town. Even some of the small ethnic corner stores consistently have better deals.

Of course, that's just my experience where I live. It's definitely going to be different elsewhere. I don't expect other parts of the country to have nearly as many ethnic groceries as we have in the bay area where being white is now the minority.

Tiffany is that you? kek
Before you go out to buy plan out your meals days ahead ideally for a week then decide what to buy.

what the this guy said
>
regular markets will rip you off you need to go to ethnic or niche markets and comb out from there, good luck.

Buy 5 lbs. of the cheapest hamburger and make homemade meatballs and spaghetti, meatloaf, and sloppy joes with it.

WTF? I hate cooking now!

Once you're down to $160 a month without any ready to eat food you're on the right track. Just have last night's leftovers for lunch and eat less crappy beef and chicken in favor of beans and you can work that one person's menu for two. And still leave you the money to go out now and then.