Hey Veeky Forums, question

Hey Veeky Forums, question.

I live in a predominantly female house, me being the only male.

I'm 18, 6'0, weigh around 150-160 pounds. I've been told I need to eat more, but we don't eat much meat.

What do I do? I have a part time job as well

Are the people who tell you to eat more fatties themselves?

Fatties or grandmothers, usually

Start lifting and drinking more milk

1) are the people in your house fat? If yes, disregard everything they say

2) what is your current diet?

You could probably stand adding another 20 pounds. Sounds like now you're kind of a manlet.

I'm confused by this thread. Do you want to weigh more? Are you asking what to eat to promote muscle growth?

These women are trying to make you fat. If you want to put on muscle weight, you need protein. Add 500 calories of protein to your diet a day and work out. In a year you'll be a lean 170-180. Don't just eat more of whatever they're eating. Fat women like to make other people fat to make themselves feel better about being fat. It's not actually about concern for you.

Sorry for the lack of information, I actually just got ofd of work haha.

I wanted to build muscle. I don't consider myself out of shape, I do lightly work out from time to time, but that's about it.

Thank you, I only eat about 700-900 calories a day, and it's not even a diverse diet.

>Wants to build muscle
>Doesn't work out
Okay.....
Eat more won't get you muscle. It will make you a fat fuck.

How is an adult male going to "build" muscle with an intake of 700-900 kcal a day?

I'm amazed that can even support his BMR.

t. 120 lb 5'8 manlet that barely survives on 800-1000 kcal a day.

How did you decide you wanted to be a manlet? Since I was around 7 and saw John Wayne in The Alamo, I knew I would look like that, and not be a manlet. Strangely enough, it happened. I'm not a manlet.

>I've been told I need to eat more
Tell them to fuck off, the second you put on weight they're going to secretly think you look like shit.

I used to get told "I need to eat more" all the time until I was 20, and the second I actually put on 15lb all I fucking hear from these same dipshits do nothing but comment "WOW YOU REALLY FILLED OUT" the next time I see them.

I decided that being a disenfranchised white male wasn't suffering enough without also being sexually unmarketable to anything other than twink-chasing homosexuals. It would be too much for me to have offspring that might be able to break the cycle of pain some day.

Six years later my dream came true.

Jeez, OK. John Wayne wanabee, here. I sort of am trying to feel your pain. I don't know what to say really, since I built my entire life on a body image of strength and a concept of invincibilty.

>Eats 700-900 calories a day to maintain 150 lbs of body mass.

Utter bullshit. Learn to count calories.

You're getting advice from girls who are obviously going to have no idea how to build muscle

pls go to Veeky Forums, read the sticky and nothing else, and don't give up after a week

>Read the sicky on Veeky Forums

kek. You're not fucking serious, right?

That was as of...August or something. I know I don't eat much. Say, breakfast I have a medium or small bowl of cereal, then maybe a snack for lunch, dinner usually two or so bowls of whatever is made, which is usually leftovers.

If you actually counted calories you would find you are eating more than you think.

Probably, I used a calorie counter but even then I wasn't fully confident i was putting everything in correctly.

Oh god. I think I must have gained weight then..?

>I think I must have gained weight then?

I don't understand what that has to do with what we were talking about. Only you would know if you gained weight because you'd see it in the mirror or a scale would tell you.

What user is trying to say is that if you were actually only consuming 700-900 kCal as a 6'0 adult male you would be Auchwitz-levels of emaciated and would not be able to sustain a weight of 150lb.

The Basal Metabolic Rate (amount of energy for your body to continue functioning) for someone of your stature is likely ~500 kCal, leaving you with nearly no energy to expend for the day. You would be extremely exhausted and weak unless you were an ascetic who has acclimated to the lifestyle.

That is what I was saying, thanks. Although your BMR estimate is way off. A standard calculator based on statistical data gives him a BMR of around 1700 kcal/day. Even if he's a significant outlier from an average person (which we have no reason to believe), 900 kcal/day starts to defy biology.

Eat their bussy.