Steak and Fries thread

Steak and Fries thread

Too raw.

nice

I was at a hotel with buffet the other day and even though there were all kinds of different meats, seafood, produce, pasta, well everything, almost every American around (you could tell by their sun-burnt red skin, round bellies and rude manners) would eat nothing but steak, fries, and fried chicken. Pretty funny stuff.

Like I fucked your mom

Do Americans eat steak with bearnaise sauce? That is always a given here, maybe with fried bell pepper on the side.

Obsessed.

I just saw them put ketchup on it.

wtf, i hate americans now

I'm broke

>WILLINGLY EATING STEAK AND FRIES WHEN STEAK AND BAKED POTATO IS SUPERIOR IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY

No fries, but will post some of my recent steaks at home if anyone gives a shit. Will probably post anyway if no one does.

#1: Got this one from my usual local butcher, 28 day dry aged Herefordshire ribeye, seasoned and dry brined an additional 3 days in the fridge, then seared in cast iron in canola oil and butter basted as it finished, before a quick 15m rest. No pic of it done, it was too good so I fucking demolished the cunt.

Someone should invent a steak where you combine a really well roasted, fatty cut with a sous vide lean cut like some sort of franken-steak that's more steak than a pure steak ever could be.

#2.0: This was me experimenting with a different butcher in the area than the usual, local (Irish) grass-fed glenarm shorthorn ribeye, again dry aged 28 days, just one additional day salting and seasoning in the fridge, couple of before and after shots on this one.

The gradient inside wasn't 100% in my opinion, but I was really happy with the crust, all in all a very good sear. Lovey colour and crunch.

#2.1: The big guy while he was resting (a standard approximate 20 minutes), weighed in at just over 400g before going into the fridge, lost a good bit of that to surface moisture loss though.

Which aspect from both steaks is it that you're looking for? If it's the tender aspect of the fillet type cut, then shouldn't a sous-vide then sear really remove any of the tenderness issues of a fattier cut like a ribeye or skirt or bavette?

#2.2: inside the big fella. As I said above, nicely done to my attempted medium rare, although could've been a nicer gradient (too much grey in there for my liking)

Some fries I made a bit ago. I like em extra, extra crispy.

Fries and wings. All these steaks look great btw.

They look good senpai. Nice tendies.

#3: First time doing steak for multiple people in ages, was my first time really experimenting with salting over varying durations, this was the set of 4 (originally 3 but one giant was was trimmed down to a separate eye of ribeye and muscle cap for the eagle eyed amongst you), salted for a brief two days but came out great.

Man I would eat the shit out of those wings right now.

#4.0: This baby is probably the biggest investment I've ever made in a bit of meat. 2 inch cut ribeye from my long time butcher, 30 day dry aged, local Angus beef. Seasoned and salted over 3 days. This is her before she went into the fridge, rolled and all because why not.

do americans eat fries with everything like how chinks eat rice with everything? chink asking.

Kinda. Most fast food restaurants do em, and so do sit-down restaurants as a side. But you have other options at most places. Like mashed potatoes, salads, soups, baked potatoes, steamed veggies.

I'm tired of eating fries with steak because they're so time consuming to make. Suggest me something else that I could eat with it. I flavour my stake with thyme and garlic usually.

[spoiler]Medium well is best amount of cooked[/spoiler]