Name a better cold smoked salmon for the price

Name a better cold smoked salmon for the price.

Hint: you cant
bravo Mr. Aldi

Have you tried the scotch whisky infused stuff? It is incredible. Aldi have seriously upped their game recently.

COSTCO
O
S
T
C
O

You are correct. Also,

>see this thread
>while eating Aldi beef jerky

still 3oz, only $3.29 for a bag. Meanwhile all the name brands cut down to 2.85oz while jacking up the price to $6-7 a bag.

thank you, based aldi.

Costco, safeway select shit tastes like home-made smoked salmon

Is Aldi that good?I keep hearing people say good stuff aboit it, im from Eastern Europe and we got swarmed with all the shitty big chains too(Kaufland, Billa, Carrefour, Lidl, Metro, Penny, etc) but Aldi.
To be honest, the best market so far is this local chain thats relatively more expensive than them, but always have top quality products and big lots of products to chose from.
Billa is kinda decebt too

It's hit or miss, they have the best deals on things like milk and canned vegetables, but the quality of their fresh produce varies greatly by location, and some of their packaged processed/pre-cooked stuff ranges from decent to great, but some of it is fucking disgusting and a very poor imitation of the name brand equivalent, you never know until you try it

Oh, so they are basically like LIDL, selling shitty rip-off vrands that they make mostly?
I thoughts its more of a "middle-class" market, selling regular brands and stuff

They have almost no name-brand products, they do occasionally stock them but like 90% of everything in the store is their own brand

I see, im not missing much then, if LIDL is anything to judge by, ill fuckin hate it

They've been making a big push in the US for about 5 years to gain market territory. I think the ones here probably have a better product than Europe, in order to compete with established stores. Almost all Europeans will trash Aldi's, I think the closest comparison would be like European Aldi's are our Family Dollar's.

Weird to see Aldi flourish in the US when Walmart utterly crashed and burned here in Germany.

Aldi is efficient with decent quality and low prices.

Walmart was insanely inefficient tried to use their typical bargaining tactics with producers without having a good marketshare. Plus German employees don't like singing songs every morning

>Picture slightly unrelated

>Plus German employees don't like singing songs every morning
Is this really a thing? I heard it but nowadays I cannot tell when I am being trolled.

I heard that most old people got mad at the packers for not packing the groceries "wrong".

I can very well imagine this and it amuses me greatly.

There are quite a few studies on their failures because they made every mistake possible.

And yes, they wanted fake smiles, singing and dancing before the store opened, greeters, and encouraged spying on coworkers.

What would be "wrong" for you?

I went bankrupt just walking the Costco fish aisle.

what the fuck am i looking at

i'm american and i'd never buy a brand that tries so hard to look american it's shitting red white and blue chinese lead pajnt.

The fake Cheetos are very poor imitators of the real thing.

that's a brand they sell as a gimmick in europe.

why the fuck would they do that

from the mang yuros i've met in study abroad and hostels they 90% disregard american food, and often question it's legal labeling as food.

I am a huge fan of Aldi. You have to shop there a couple times to know what you're getting into. If youre shopping there like its a one stop shop supermarket, youre doing it wrong.
Their stock rarely changes, outside of the seasonal items they rotate. some good seasonal stuff can be had, but some of it is downright weird, so just be careful.

as someone else said it is hit or miss.
Pretty much anything that has an "Imported from" on the label is guaranteed good... keep in mind it's a German company, so what they make and sell in Europe has to compete with the name brand stuff there (which is high quality), which they also sell in the US.

their cheese and dairy is also really good or at the very least a good value. meat is also good.
cereal is good. breads are good or better.
the produce is okay, but it has improved a lot over the last couple of years.

most of their processed convenience/junk foods are pretty bad, or mediocre at best.
Most other stuff is fine; they probably use the same manufacturers as any other store brand.

dude, its like the equivalent of ortega brand "mexican" food, or taco bell dinner kits, or whatever. It's just some gimmicky shit... its not like it flies off the shelves.

the euro's you've met in study abroads and hostels are probably more worldly than your average normal curious consumer european that doesn't go much further than their small-ish city except for to use their vacation time from work on some resort on the mediterranean. these people tend to be more of central/northern european nationality, btw. it seems to me you've never actually been to europe much less shopped in a european grocery store. they have "international food" sections too, and you'll find chinese/asian stuff, some indian stuff, north african stuff, middle eastern stuff, maybe some mexican stuff, and yep you guessed it - american stuff.

>why the fuck would they do that

it's called marketing, you twit

my mother likes them, after having them a few times i now prefer them slightly over cheetos. they are also cheap as fuck.