Getting Foot In Door

>"It's easier to get a job when you already have a job" -Boomer Asshole
>tfw 25 and can't even get my fucking foot in the door despite my Accounting/Finance degree, internships, and junior level coding skills.
>tfw wake up every day at noon and just apply to jobs for a couple hours. Usually apply to at least 15-20 jobs a day on average.
>3PM: Practice coding for a while until I get bored.
>Eat dinner, watch old video game walkthroughs on Youtube of games I didn't care enough about to buy back in the day like Thief and Deus Ex.
>Pass out around 2-3AM after a few drinks.
>Repeat the next day

Is life supposed to be so bleak and hopeless for someone that's always done the right thing for the most part? Never did drugs, graduated on time, etc?

Attached: 1491803550754.jpg (1898x2274, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jpmorganchase.com/corporate/news/stories/disability-as-an-asset-in-the-workplace.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol just have connections

You wanna get your foot in the door, you gotta suck a dick or two. Seriously, I got a real good job that way.

I hate to be the one to tell you.. But you might be a hopeless autist, noone wants to hire autists unless they are forced through some sort of affirmative action.

just be yourself

Then apply through an affirmative action program

jpmorganchase.com/corporate/news/stories/disability-as-an-asset-in-the-workplace.htm

>tfw senior VP father got me my first job

Attached: A56B8EAE-0AFA-4719-8FEA-C0741BB790B4.gif (360x202, 1.95M)

Creative in advertising here. Search the names (with the position of the guy that could employ you), learn what the company do, go there, ask the secretary to ask the guy if he has time to see you. Usually if you make the trip to the company the people feel morally obligated to respond in some way.
Just say "i hope i'm not bothering you, but i wanted to meet you to present what i can do"

Did no one like you at your internship OP? How come you weren't extended an offer after you graduated?

Not gonna lie Thief was a pretty awesome game when it came out. I'm guessing you were like 6?

You can thank our tyrannical government who thinks it has the right to market manipulate, legislate, and regulate our purchasing power -2000% since 1913. There should be zero poor, jobless, or purposeless people in this country, but faggot commies imported millions of immigrants who don't belong here, and stupid faggots had way to many god damn kids that the rest of us have to subsidize through every aspect of government taxation/intervention. Too many fucking laws, too much total reliance on the government and their engineered societal structure. We should be living in a modern day wild west, but faggots cannot handle personal responsibility and survival through their own determination.

Did you give him a firm handshake? Also can we start compiling cliche shit boomer advice that’s out dated? I want a list.

>buying is better than leasing
>working through college
>follow up interview phone calls
>dishwashers are expensive to operate

Attached: A1EFC06E-4215-4633-B196-0D24B047D23E.jpg (259x194, 12K)

wtf, I don't even have a degree (in progress of doing one in finance) and I work for a wall street firm's outsourced center in central europe, doing their shit. being the pajeets of europe isn't exactly glorious, but at the end of the day, I have enough money to rent a place, and put some into crypto. how people are unemployed in this job market is beyond me. i get offers in my linkedin almost every day.

...and regulate our purchasing power down to 5% of what it was in 1913*

Hi idiot, if you go to school for an in demand field you will have no problem with "purchasing power" and funding raising a family and buying whatever the fuck you want dum dum

Stop making excuses

I applied to only three jobs after I got my degree from a shit-tier uni and got an offer before I even graduated. You are probably just a retard with a dogshite resume

I really don't see what more you could be doing, this is like a carbon copy of any winner's daily schedule.

Maybe try to work smoking some weed in a few times a day?

1) Drop the drinks go 420

2) Drop the walkthroughs and play some bonafide good old games. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Oblivion, Baldur's Gate... So many excellent games with massive replayability value. Deus Ex is good too, although a bit too old by now. Maybe try the second one, it was better than the newer ones.

Get a personal loan and make it on the Stock Market.

you made me laugh

I know I'm a sperg in some respect.

But I don't understand what's so repugnant specifically in my manner. It's not like I rant about Sonic.

Attached: 1521142964013.png (866x900, 94K)

>disability as an asset
jesus christ, what has the world come to

I had cancer once. I'm mostly cured for now. After effects include shitty fatigue and loss of focus once every three or so weeks when I accidentally miss a dose of my medicine. But otherwise I'm just a normal dude. My super loves that he can check off the "disabled" box for his department without actually working with any people who are big-time downers to be around or have shitty problems

How does it feel to be so stupid that you have to rely on another person to hire you, when you could just make your own company. 87 IQ confirmed

>watch game walkthroughs
superfagget brainlet retard cocksucker idiot

I think I will be in the same position. Finishing my master thesis next month but haven't applied for jobs yet. Chemistry MSc

>Graduate college
>Everyone I know gets good jobs through connections
>Tfw no connections
>Take a job scanning blueprints at an architecture firm for minimum wage
>Put that shit on a resume and make it sound nice
>Get a job in a different office as an administrative assistant filing paperwork
>Work my ass off to get noticed
>Get prompted to actual respectable job

Now I make good money at 24 and have a comfy job, but you basically have to eat shit and do whatever it takes to put something on your resume if you have no connections.

A lot of companies promote from within. Half of my company started as an administrative assistant. It’s a good starting position if you’re well adjusted and compitent enough to stand out.

Attached: 55F06445-6763-4938-A4F5-F1CFB5297816.jpg (1079x1080, 135K)

If you're not getting through the first round, it's because of the following: (a) your resume is shit; (b) your cover letter is shit; (c) your linkedin is shit; (d) you can't do aptitude tests because you're a brainlet; (e) you can't interview because you'll spaghetti everywhere.

In relation to (a)-(c), there are plenty of companies that will do this for you.

In relation to (d), you can buy online packages, spam them like an autist for a weekend, and you'll be fine.

In relation to (e), get an interview coach and/or do toastmasters once a week.

I was getting constantly rejected until i swallowed the red pill and did (a)-(e). Best $1k I have ever spent.

I work at Big 4 now.

>go to university and you'll get a good job
>do a degree in a subject you like
>find a job that is rewarding
>get a good pension
>spend a year volunteering in Africa before university

Attached: boomer1.jpg (700x365, 90K)

Degree?

HR Business Partner here OP. Do not do what this moron here says. Managers do not want to be bothered randomly by some weirdo user who pesters them asking for jobs when there isn't a vacancy.

if you are honestly applying for 15-20 jobs per day and not getting an interview, you are the problem, not the market.

What a shame.

you can thanks the boomers, it's the nightmarish hell they created for us and they couldn't give less of a fuck about the future of their children or their nation.
They sold our future and our country for a comfy retirement.

Attached: boomers.png (968x634, 307K)

Lmao faggot let me guess, Morgan Stanley, MSCI or Citibank in Budapest?

I’ve interviewed a bunch of people and I can tell you the reasons they’ve been rejected and you can see which you’re doing.

>Glaring typos on resume
>Couldn’t explain what they do at their current job
>Wore plaid to the interview
>Late to interview with no resume
>Went to DeVry
>More political causes on resume than job experience
>Answered “where do you see yourself in 5 years?” with elaborate startup scheme that sounded made up on the spot. (It’s okay to say you’re figuring it out)

Solid tips user have a (you)

literally this

The boomer is right. Anyone who says they can't get a job is lying to themselves and not really trying. I'd hire you for $14 an hour despite your clear lack of social skills, sight unseen.

that's probably why 95 millions adults in US are unemployed...

Get an english teaching job in asia
Get a degree there in software engineering
Find job, if you're white you're good

There mate, if you know how to code you're cool, if you know how to code and design at an expert level you're golden.

Love you friend, ps listen to pic related.

Attached: To download.jpg (491x479, 185K)

>absolutely blank CV at age 25 other than aspie skills
>expect to get hired instantly

Attached: 1520806100303(1).jpg (960x925, 217K)

>he applies to jobs instead of just asking his LinkedIn connections if they know anyone who needs someone with his skills
If you spent more time studying than networking, you did not do "the right thing for the most part". You fucked yourself. You're retarded and deserve to be unemployed.

To me work experience is more important than a good degree.
You can have the best degree in the world. Yet youre just as useless than a unskilled nigger faggot.

>you can thanks the boomers

As a Gen Xer, I can sympathize with you. No doubt Boomers failed you in too many ways to count. That said, you shouldn't use that as a crutch. It will be more difficult, but you can still make it. Life has never been fair. I hire millennials all the time, reset and reboot their default, and most end up being great.

Ironically, all the stuff the boomers say is true, they just come off as hypocrites for saying it and being so obtuse as to not realize they created the millennial Frankenstein.

Boomers are douche bags, but don't use that as an excuse to fail. Get some skills, work hard, change the world, but expect it to be difficult and uncomfortable for awhile.

>Don't even have a linkedin
>Companies constantly seek me out and offer me jobs all the time
I just want to take a break already

Attached: 1493063859341.png (235x230, 151K)

You're that good at fellatio?

Linkedin is bullshit. I'm also a coder and every offer I ever got on LinkedIn was some fucking pajeet that wanted to come and work for them. I would rather kill myself than have to work at a place where I'm the only white guy.

>buying is better than leasing
I get that point for a company, but why is leasing better as a private person? (assuming I live in europoor)

Linkedin isn't particularly useful for purely technical workers; it's more well-suited for those in partly technical or non-technical fields. So a coder might not find much use in LinkedIn, but for an IT Project manager, it's a goldmine.

The best at it, don't even need kneepads anymore

Oh fuck off with that kike "blame the victim" bullshit - OP did accounting and coding, 2 of the most in demand and directly useful skills there are. Employment for people that want to work shouldn't be that fucking difficult to find.

OP, stop. Start your own business. Use your coding skills to create and release a couple of apps. Even if they make no money, they'll give you some experience.

And since you can code AND understand money, go learn Ethereum dapp creation. Have a look at how much big companies are paying for that (around 200k mostly) - and there's a TON of work there with almost no competition. They're basically throwing money at anyone who can code Ethereum (and understands cryptos in general), you just need a couple of releases under your belt.

What division?
Division 04 and 05 here

Just for the record I do have great social skills and I have gotten interviews. I know that eventually I will get something but I feel like the people interviewing me expect way too much from someone applying to a junior level position.

Not him but the reason this is outdated advice is because nobody can buy shit anymore precisely because boomers ruined the economy in order to raise the value of the assets they themselves got for cheap.

lie on ur resume and make shit look interesting, even if it wasnt. bs your way, its the only way sometimes especially on the ground floor with all those graduates coming out of schol

sorry but i don't want to anymore. I've a genetic bone disease, i'm in a wheelchair and suffer from heavy back pain every minute of my life since i'm 25, it's enough to carry, i prefer to earn my handicapbux and surrender to life.

Attached: 1520721919440.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Yeah.....so you're saying circlejerk nepotism is more valuable than actually doing the job. Fuck off rabbi.

and when i say lie on ur resume, dont say you got a fucking MBA in finance at NYU. just tailor ur resume to make urself look more attractive for the role they want to fill without pushing it too far.

>>Invest money that isn’t yours!

Brilliant... except unlike a banker’s customer’s bank savings account, people are gunna want the money back ASAP.Dude if your bone disease is getting no better and you are crippled, what’s left? I’d kill myself and start a new life desu. Seppuku or Whatev. Our gen has too much emphasis on staying alive

you have to know people learn to network moron its about WHO you know not what not even white privilege will override the network ..usually

>You mean you don't have minimum 5 years experience for this entry level job??!?!?!? We'll u-uh... call you soon user