And now we add a Knorr chicken stock pot

And now we add a Knorr chicken stock pot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GDS6gstgbGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I made a Cottage Pie last week. I stirred in a Knorr beef stock pot; I swear to God it's the best invention since the bouillon cube.

youtube.com/watch?v=GDS6gstgbGA

lol

I don't see a problem with this. Typically I make my own stock but got lazy one day and picked up some of these. .89 for a pack of 10 I think and it had okay flavor for a stock cube. I'd say theyre really worth the money.

I used some in my cottage pie a while back, it was really good, though unfortunately the potato layer was too thin (both in size and consistency) and got somewhat absorbed into the meat.

it wouldnt taste as good with just salt and pepper, thats why i use the chiggen stock pot

the videos are very comfy

There's nothing wrong with the Knorr product, the issue is with a supposedly good chef selling out.
But honestly, I think only our Eurotrash friends like/care about this guy. I cant see what the appeal is, but to some on here hes like a superhero or something.
He looks disgustingly ungroomed, like an alcoholic who's given up on life.

I really don't understand the meme of making fun of premade chicken stock.....

Making it from scratch is only a tiny bit better and not worth the fucking time

>He looks disgustingly ungroomed, like an alcoholic who's given up on life.
Doesn't that describe all chefs.

not this goofy bitch or baldy perv boy heston

Can't see his appeal either. His youtube recipes are fairly average and uninspired.
Also his knife skills seem to be fairly average and not what you expect from a 'top' chef.

And yeah, he looks as if he drinks or take drugs.

I don't get why he gets so much hate for the knorr commercials. There's nothing wrong with using stock cubes for seasoning. The trick is to only use a little bit of the stock cube though, otherwise it's flavour will be too overpowering.

>He looks disgustingly ungroomed, like an alcoholic who's given up on life.

Jesus Christ, this description summarises me perfectly and I think most people would say the appearance description fits too.

I haven't shaved in months or trimmed my facial hair or had a hair cut in months. I ran out of cologne about a month ago and haven't bought any more. I've just stopped caring.

Nothing wrong with using stock cubes at home. But from a chef with Michelin stars you simply expect more - I always have the feeling the use of the Knorr products is forced in and not actually needed for the recipe.

Marco - is that you?

The recipes he's showing are for the home cook at home. He isn't trying to make Michelin level recipes with stock cubes, obviously. So what's the problem?

>But from a chef with Michelin stars you simply expect more

But he surrendered his stars and doesn't work as a chef anymore.

>I always have the feeling the use of the Knorr products is forced in and not actually needed for the recipe.

Oh definitely. I'm certain half the time you can substitute for salt honestly.

I care, user

I steal them because they aren't worth the money, I rarely use the whole thing because it's so fucking salty, and it's way too fucking salty.

Seriously, why are they so salty?

>user giving us his completely irrelevant opinion about a chef with 3 michelin starts and a net worth of 40 million, considered one of the most influential chefs of the age

Seriously, just do some research on the guy.

because it's mostly a little pile of salt with other stuff that you add to a lot of water and isn't supposed to be used undiluted

>Michelin stars
Can someone explain why this is a "thing"?
Is this like the annual awards show of cooking? Is there like a shiny metal trophy and gay speeches?
Honest question, is this widely respected, or is it just elitist faggotry?

hes got tier chef and actually knows what the fuck hes talking about
who the fuck are you?
also he claims he always used the cubes before as well, and is against people pouring tons of salt and pepper on everything to give it taste

its on par with the morons who undercook steaks because they believe thats the only way to have it be juicy, instead of doing that you just cook properly and the steak is always juicy as fuck

You should try using an internet search engine, friend.

>he claims he always used the cubes before as well,
I heard (from a profesional who worked in michelin starred restaurants) that some others chefs use them.. It's basically salt+msg and a bit flavor and help to give a little kick in a dish

Tires are the most patrician of foods. So patrician that rubber is considered disgusting by most of the plebeian masses. Only the true connoisseur of tires and other rubber-infused foods are able to transcend the base, subjective palate of the unwashed and dictate what tastes good and what is shit.

Michelin Stars are effectively a fine dining rating system performed independently Michelin Travel Magazine and it's committee. Restaurants are graded on cuisine, ambiance, and service, and the max one restaurant can have is three stars (I believe?)

Effectively, having even one Michelin star means your restaurant is worth travelling to visit. This goes back to ye aulde days of road travel, when tires were expensive. Micheline wanted promote travel, so people would buy their tires. So the Micheline restaurant guide was born to rank dining establishments and encourage people to travel the french countryside. Since then it's grown into a multi-national thing.

There is a great deal of prestige and respect that goes into earning Micheline stars and the reputation alone can make a restaurant. That being said Micheline food critics are incredibly finnicky and the effort in constantly chasing - since you can lose your stars by year - rankings is enough to drive you fucking mad.

There's no award ceremony or anything, a critic arrives anonymously (in theory) at your restaraunt and then rates you, and later you find out (in theory)

It is both widely respected AND kind of elitist faggotry, it has definite biases toward french cuisine and french service style.

>it has definite biases toward french cuisine and french service style.
That's no longer true.

Due to much criticism in the past, they have tried to include many other cuisines, almost to the extent of positive discrimination, - that's why Japanese and American restaurants also get them.

huh. I thought Michelin stars were completely unrelated to the tire company. That's funny

>When will French restaurants stop submitting to the tire jew?

I worked in one for a bit. 1 star. We used stock granules to season a lot of things

>michelin star burger shops

How many of them have european chefs?

>I really don't understand the meme of making fun of premade chicken stock.....
For home recipes or teaching others how to make home recipes, there's nothing wrong with it. In a restaurant I'd say there's no excuse not to make your own chicken stock. Your customers are paying for the finest food made from the freshest ingredients.

Not only that, Japan actually has more stars than France now. Ironically, the people who once cried over a pro-French bias now complain that Michelin just wants to sell tires to Japan.

Per capita France still rules the kitchen.