/reddit/

Liqour store employee here. AMA Veeky Forums related.

Can I get one of those roses in a glass tube? It's for my wife. And some steel wool, to clean some pots.

And the bathroom key.

What's the ethnic breakdown of your customers?

what would happen if i gave you a fake id? would you do anything?

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

I get so many fucking variations of "do you have crack pipes?". We don't have roses, cigars in glass tubes, glass pens, or the occasional tweakers asking for oil burners. We don't carry them.
Ghetto stealing blacks, hookers, and working class Mexicans.

Take it from you then laugh at the fact you have a fake ID in 2016.
I'm dead inside.

Fedoras are on sale. 9.99+tax.

you guys have any thunderbird or night train?

Do you carry a gun or have one under the counter?

If you know my brand of booze do I go too often?

Yeeeeah buddy.
Come and find out.

What kind of vodka does the alcoholic buy?

I buy 1.75L bottles of Exclusiv or Svedka

Do you have red flavored Cisco or is gone off the face of the earth?

Are most of your early morning customers late stage alcoholics buying pints of rotgut liquor and cheap fortified wine? If so do you condemn or pity them?

You're my favorites. You know what you want and how much it costs. No bullshit no frills.

See we have red flavor man.
Pints of Potters Vodka. These dumbasses aren't smart enough to ration a litre or handle.
Single shots and half pints, and 16oz malt liquor for the career drunks. I like them. They're the only constant in my life.

Ever have a hooker proposition you for a free bottle?

what's the drunkest you've ever seen someone come in and try to get a bottle of whatever?

Are you an alcoholic yourself? Do you get a nice discount?

Every single day.
Had someone trip coming in and blacked out instantly.
I am in fact an al/ck/y. I don't get discounts but my boss gives me free bottles almost weekly.

>I am in fact an al/ck/y

Are you all al/ck/ys, did the job turn you into one?

Worst day ever?

Do you judge people based on what their buying?

Sometimes I'm just getting a six-pack that I can only find here. Sometimes it's a top shelf fifth that'll last a few weeks, sometimes a bottom shelf pint that might not see morning, or I'm buying a variety of fifths for a party.

What's the insight you've gained based on what people buy?

they're*
I've been drinking.

how much for the thunderbird? we dont carry that shit up here in minnesota.

has there ever been kind of a hot hooker that made you pause before you said no

What state are you in? What's the priciest bottle you have in stock?

>doesn't sell pipes
>sells fedoras

get a load of this memer

Do you sell yeti tumblers?

Do you closely watch all non-white, non-Asian customers?

I was a drunk pre-employement. Its how I got the job desu.
Everyday. But a fistfight with a gay black tranny is

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEED TO SEE MY ID?!!!

I'M 50 YEARS OLD THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Up there. Had to get a blood test after splitting my knuckles on his teeth. California. I have some vintage Dom P, and other limited select liqour thats 300+.
Yes. There's a white 20 something who I would love to mount. She's still fresh.
I don't get paid enough to give a fuck. Buy the booze and boner pills and leave.

No.
Yes.
6.85 for a 750ml

If you say your clientele is mostly human trash, why not keep good (see: expensive) shit like The Glenlivet 15 in a case or behind the counter? I can see it's right by the counter, but does that really stop degenerates from attempting to steal?

you smoke weed? I feel like I couldn't do one of those jobs unless i was high for it

>boner pills and leave
People really buy these outside of sex stores and online? I bought one at a sex store once, it didn't make anything feel different.

What does your most severe alcoholic customer buy and how often?

We've been around for a while and the human garbage that is my customer base has a sense of respect. We have the more expensive bottles behind the register. People try us, but it normally doesn't end well for them.

A lot. If it weren't for podcasts, public television, and copious amounts of pot I'd probably die.

A lot of people do. Mostly Mexicans to be honest. And I sell more condoms to females than males.

Too many to count. I once saw an old Mexican man pound a pint of vodka then procede to ride his bike and get hit my a copcar. He was a big guy.

Can't speak for everywhere, but I'm a prosecutor in Canada and the only liquor store thefts I see are always for fairly cheap booze.

People mostly steal what they are used to drinking - not some expensive shit that they have never had before.

I laughed heartily at one file I read where a guy picked up 6x 2L bottles of vodka cooler and unashamedly ran out the store.

This. The only people who steal or attempt to steal our choice shit are melanin enriched females.

>he was a big guy

For you.

So i'm a 19 year old babyface, assuming i don't have a fake ID, how do i not get carded?

You don't. Check your laws, a lot of places are enacting laws that require ID no matter your age.

>watched a 60 year-old guy from Switzerland get denied because the clerk was too stupid to figure out the birthday on the guy's passport and wouldn't take the guy's word on it

>So i'm a 19 year old babyface, assuming i don't have a fake ID, how do i not get carded?

That's exactly the point user.
They're carding everyone.
Worst of it isn't that we're obviously 18+, but that the faggot ass procedure makes us take our ID out so they cam swipe it.

Well it looks like i'm screwed then. Oh well, i know at least one bar that doesn't card, and i can wait two more years.

If I come in twice a week to buy a $13 handle of vodka, do you judge me?

What's the most expensive liquor you stock?

What's the most expensive liquor you stock that actually leaves the shelf? What kind of person buys it?

Holy shit

My boss has made a living selling pretty much useless gift merchandise to schools so that their students have something to give their parents for Christmas. Glass tube roses are the only thing that has sold consistently over the last 25+ years.

>And I sell more condoms to females than males.

thats surprisingly obvious

How much does a 26 of stoli cost at your store?

Have you ever been at work and two really attractive women walk in with those black leggings that are almost like a cross between spandex and leather, and they are both fine as fuck as mentioned, and they just buy alcohol?

What's the biggest alcoholic you have and how much do they drink? Just trying to justify my own alcoholism

Do you ever masturbate at work? Be honest

> all these repeat questions
I honestly expected more from Veeky Forums.
What liquor do you actually enjoy?

30% is the limit for me before it just becomes rubbing alcohol that I plug to forget about life.

I even bought VSOP Cognac, expecting it to be different. Nope. May as well have bought bottom-shelf vodka.

How much for your dissorano family?

>plug

In drug addict culture "to plug" means to shove it up your ass. Are you actually putting alcohol up your bum?

I let white kids get by without ID. Blacks have to have it no matter what. #maga

Casual.
Patron, Ciroc, and Henny. Blacks with more dollars than sense
36 bucks.

Any chance of a photo of your scotch selection with prices?

I am British, would be really interested to see what you have available and how much it costs.

>No open containers in the store

Is it really necessary to have that sign up?

yes, because of legal issues. you need different kinds of licenses if you only want to sell alcohol vs. if you want to be able to actually serve alcohol to people. they need to have the sign up so they're not liable if some idiot decides to open the container and drink some inside the store. that could cost them their license otherwise

Always been curious. What's the most expensive single sale you've ever had in your store? I've helped out at friend's shops and they had a few super expensive Cognacs and Brandies behind the counter. It was always crazy around the holidays when folks would drop 5k+ on booze in a single purchase.

what do you do when you know an underage kid just gave you someone elses id/ fake id?

when i was 18 i gave a store a someone elses id once so i was able to buy my friends booze or the next 3 years and im wondering how common that is

Are you iranian?I bought a pack of dunhills from a iranian owned liquor store and right as I walked out of the store I noticed the pack was open and had 4 cigs missing(i was counting my change, distracted). I went back in and said what the fuck and I never got my money back.

I'd like some wild turkey please.

We have a small selection of scotch. But we have some premium choices.
I've had Cartel Mexicans come in and spend upwards of 2,000 on Modelo and Don Julio.
I honestly don't care... Unless you're black.

do the boner pills work? Like, will they make you harder? I haven't been able to get it up for the girl while drinking even smaller amounts. Could be my diet too, but do the pills work?

Have you ever exchanged sexual favours for alcohol? Worked at the state controlled liquor store in Sweden a couple of summers and my littlebrothers girlfriends would order some from me and supply me with extra sloppy blowjobs. Good times

20.86 breh.
Syrian owned. I'm Italian.
They help you piss and do give you an erection. Massive headache after.

dear lord, what fuking shit point of sale program is that?

What type of behavior do you see when people try to hide their alcoholism?

20 dollars say it is to showboat at some party about how they have a sugar daddy who "bought" them an 100 dollar whiskey as a gift rather than trying to resell it.

Most booze thieves are in need of their usual fix and thinks it is easier to get away with goods that barely registers on store insurance

>Syrian owned

Must be a Christfag then?

Correct

you bay area user? i see the earl stevens wine.

is it ever worth buying more than the cheapest version of any given type of liquor? i usually go for whatever the cheapest rum is

also whats the best cheap rum

For me, it is the Heineken

I see that you'll card niggers, but what about chinks, sand niggers, and beaners?

>I honestly don't care... Unless you're black.
How would you know that a nigger has a fake id when they all look the same?

These registers are old enough to buy Liqour. They're not idiot proof like modern POS systems, which is nice because manual-shortcuts are amazing. Nobody hides it. I'm a decent guy so people have there 3 minute therapy sessions with me.
If you have a Trader Joe's get pic related. If not, Costco Kirkland brand is amazing.

As far as price/quality it all depends. Drink a shot of gutrot vodka, and then compare it to a shot of Belvedere or goose. Then procede to contemplate suicide for buying expensive liquor realizing your time spent working is only spent by the time drinking to forget it. Asian females are good to go. Males, no. Had one a year ago tell me, "come on man I'm in college" in which I replied "sorry man I work a shirt minimum wage job". Jawas are on a case by case basis, some of them are pretty cool. Mexicans don't bother me. They're not citizens so why should I make them follow the law.

Sidenote; drinking Jim Beam Devil's Cut and watching Aaron be a stereotype on Chopped. This bourbon is p. nice.

*pic related.

That stuff is the closest I've come to reproducing whatever crazy house recipe for the 11/10 rum I had at Hercules in St. Martin/Maarten. Shit was truly legit islander rum.

It's pretty amazing. Thanks for making my self hating self alcohol knowledge boner go up. You should really try Kirkland rum, it's very similar and goes for about 14 a half gizzle out these parts. The vanilla notes are amazing.

What would you recommend to a novice who's looking for tasty al/ck/erhol? I haven't had much experience with it. I've had:
>Corona (shit)
>PBR (sorta shit, but ok shit, if that makes any sense)
>some fruity Seagrams (pretty tasty)
>nameless rum (tasty)
>nameless vodka and juice (tasty)

>I honestly expected more from Veeky Forums

Dumbass.

You ever kill a hooker and store her in the walk in freezer until your shift ends?

what's it like working for an arab?

does the owner drink?

do your blacks buy everything in individual packs and come in 6 times a day to buy the same thing? that's what they do at gas stations here. don't want their friends mooching off em

sell anything other than booze? like tobacco products?

most amount of stuff stolen by someone?

does the owner watch the security cameras 24/7?

owner owns multiple liquor stores?

I used to work at a store that sold alchohol, when are you supposed to card someone? I always did it when they said how they were paying, because if they're paying with credit card I need to see their ID anyways. It always felt kinda late, when do you do it?

Also, has working retail made you racist? A couple months of that and my friends started hating indians and blacks. You talk a lot about mexicans but I can't tell if your joking.

Our walk-in only goes down to 32 degrees. Not cold enough for dead body disposal.

Koreans can be mean drunks, I'd watch those guys if I were you and since you probably can't tell the difference it would do you well to watch all Asians.

Source: my father owned a liquor store in NY

Fucking rad. He's an amazing boss. And his track suits are on point. I've worked for a Pakistani before and they fucking suck. He drinks the good shit. Johnnie Walker and Remmy. Blacks do that shit all day, a single fucking beer on the hour. That and mini-shots of E&J. We got everything breh.

How are there poor Asians. I see them, but how. How do they get there.

>when are you supposed to card someone?
When they walk up to the counter with their fucking purchase, you dimwit. You clearly had to get licensed to sell.

I fucking hate that idiots don't have their form of payment and ID out when purchasing. Or when buying anything really. You go into a business knowing you have to pay, et your shit ready, fuckwits. Oh, you've been sitting in the drive thru for 3 minutes and your order is finished but we have to waste time because you're n idiot that has to dig through your fucking purse or reach into your ass to get your wallet??? FUCK YOU/\.

Do people every buy the really expensive shit or is it all hobo vodka

my local taco truck shares a parking lot with a liquor store so there is a flood of mexicans in all the time

Woah, take it easy man
I don't even drink so I wouldn't know when to ask for the card. I agree the complaints about the wait for idiots though. When I'm buying something I've already got everything sorted out by the time I'm second in line.

Bad choices. Mostly from liquor and gambling and being stupid. Really not that much different than people in the West.

do you have any oldfag friends who can buy for you

Just ask when they walk up if you don't notice it out already.

I always have what I need out and ready in my hand. Most employees don't notice that I already am holding it out when they ring up the items. Thank you for being an aware person and not some oaf idiot who holds dhit up for no reason. I'm bringing up my son to be aware of situations and other people, and how to make their jobs less hard
>putting items back on the shelf where they go
That one blew up on me when I got him eggnog. I found a different one for a little cheaper in a different part of the store and traded it. He scolded me and said to put it back where it goes,"Remember, we're not those kinds of people."
>having payment and or ID ready for purchases
He can definitely relate since I don't use a purse and only take into the business money/cards needed
>know what you want before ordering, no uh um uuuhhhhhhh can i uhhhhhhhh
>inform employees of something wrong, dirty or if there's a huge mess of items on the floor that need to be put in their respective aisles
We need less assholes, I swear.