/smg/ - Stock Market General

Xaviers BTFO edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread:

Attached: 1493427560368.jpg (605x558, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investors.amyris.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1061064
twitter.com/AnonBabble

4:30pm for AMRS earning call

PRAY FOR AMRS, I PUT THE 100% OF THE /SMG/ HEDGEFUND IN CALLS

Attached: 1493427823395.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Attached: nikkei225.png (376x410, 37K)

what's the fastest way to get earnings results?
i want to have my finger ready to sell if earnings are bad.

Who's going to call on behalf of SMG financial, and ask about the moon mission?

Muh weed stocks are bringing me down this week.

Absolute madman.

If you get me the phone number I will

jesus christ. at what expiration and what strike?

I dunno, just bought something with an expiration date of 4/20 because lmao weed

Comfy got the 4/20s at $7.50

>$7.50
RIP

WE'RE GOING DOWN, DOWN IN AN EARLIER ROUND
AND SUGAR, WE'RE GOING DOWN SWINGING

I can't wait until /smg/ gets BTFO with amrs

IT'LL GO UP, WE HAVE THE POWER OF /SMG/ ON OUR SIDE

Attached: 1520979510350.jpg (640x360, 34K)

5 minutes left

IRON HANDS
R
O
N

H
A
N
D
S

We will find out if AMRS kills the SMG threads. How ever we've been getting BTFO on earnings a lot recently so we're due for a good one.

Fucking no movement, most boring day ever

I'll need iron hands to keep from dropping my bottle of Buffalo Trace this afternoon if this shit goes south.

well, if it all goes to shit at least we'll have some dank memes to cheers us up

The earnings reports of other meme companies have no bearing on this one.

you know how this works

stock gets shilled for weeks and it fails then the sheep shill another

>AMRS Can I help you?
>yes, has it launched yet?
>launched?
>y-yea. The moon mission.
>Are you with a financial institution?
>O-oh yea. I represent the Veeky Forums Veeky Forums hedge fund
>please hold
>T-thanks, you too

holy shit bud it had better pop then. theta decay is real. you got the 7.50 calls? how many?

im long too so im on your side, but you shouldve given yourself more time on the contract, just in case

What's up virgins

Just broke my weekly 10%, bought some AXON to hold overnight and sell for a nice 3% gain tomorrow. I guess you betas are still trading on fundamentals? Pathetic.

Attached: thundercock.jpg (600x645, 60K)

>>T-thanks, you too
kek

>please hold
>T-thanks, you too
Laffed.

Behold !
The Gain Knight Sminem is wih us !!

Attached: sminem_the_gain_knight.png (762x1129, 1.33M)

sick

AMRS earnings are out

analysis to follow

lol a meme actually won

I don't know what that means, but sounds good

>Amyris Reports Another Strong Quarter with Solid Operating Performance and 2017 Revenue of $143.4 Million up 113% over 2016

Attached: bueno.jpg (904x573, 249K)

WE DID IT REDDIT

>looks up the tripcode on warousu
>it's the original chadposter

w-welcome back

TO THE MOON

The market isn’t bottoming out. The stock market has been at all-time highs, and still is. The crypto market, on the other hand, is bottoming out because everyone is realizing that every cryptocurrency is more useless than the next. FOMO was the only thing that soared the prices, but that’s gone now. People realized that they weren’t missing out on anything. If you’re planning on making money in the crypto world, good luck!! You’re going to need it.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW FAGGOTS

Attached: IqO71RQ.png (1280x712, 1.04M)

3 month robinhood results or gtfo

>mfw there will be a short squeeze of epic proportions incoming

Attached: puny_spic.jpg (500x367, 19K)

I've been too busy making money to post in a while

Attached: chad.jpg (533x624, 35K)

>the faggot shills that shit up the threads constantly and autistically screeched at people won
worst timeline

Attached: 419419378870779906.png (104x104, 22K)

MY GOD

WE DID IT

Attached: 10372525_290075487838805_4690824272168633074_n.jpg (414x499, 31K)

Yeah I don't know what that means but I'm sure it will be good

>20% up after hours
HAHAHAHAH WE'RE GONNA BE RICH

Attached: AMRS, revisited.png (914x1371, 193K)

This is going to be the 3rd time, AMRS has given me a 100%+ return. Thanks you autistic faggots.

I love you bunch of meming fucks. What do I do with all of these GAINZ?

Hey how do I get RH to give me options? I'm impatient and want to lose money faster

WHY DID I LISTEN TO THE RETARDS
WHY DID I SELL AMRS YESTERDAY

Attached: 1448679611838.jpg (325x230, 7K)

So... Uhh... When do my calls go up in value?

Attached: 1493427941014.jpg (250x310, 12K)

Dont get too excited about those gains, your doxxing will ensure you cant cash out

Anybody can give us dumb fagg0ts the highlights earnings report on AMRS? Should we dumbcucks and neets still be holding this?

I am UP :):):) thanks AMRS shilleres!

HODL

Feels pretty fucking good lads. Too bad I didn't gamble more on this tasty meme

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-15-16-10-48.png (1080x1920, 142K)

hold it tonight and sell in the morning

If you're actually trading as a NEET that's kind of impressive desu. Back when I was a NEET I didn't do it nearly that well.

What is this feeling /smg/?

Attached: Screenshot_20180315-150810.png (1080x1920, 102K)

options pricing is based on a number of derivatives. one is theta, which is the time left. when you are long on options, it decays at an increasing rate as it aproaches expiry. looks like youll be fine this time, but give yourself more time next time just in case. good fucking call though

>short squeeze of epic proportions
3.7million shares to be exact. 3.7million fucking shares that need to be covered.

My calls will increase in value tomorrow morning, r-right???

Keks love

According to our AMRS Lord and Savior on Stocktwits FinalThought, 3.7M shares have been shorted.
There are 43M shares outstanding and only around 10% is floating.

With this stellar earnings, the bears will have to cover.
The more they buy, the more the SP rises.

It is gonna be fun kek

I have 400 of those shares, and I am not selling them because like fuck the people who were short.

So basically, HODL and enjoy?

So as a complete brainlet, it would have been better if I went for an expiry in may instead of april? For next time I mean

Jesus H. Christ the EPS beat was by half a fucking dollar.

This is a really interesting earnings release. Quite a lot of good things in here. Increased revenue, increase cash holdings, lower long term debt. One thing that's sort of buried here is that ARMS is not really a manufacturing company any more. They're now licensing their yeasts to other companies, in particular Royal DSM. Over 60% of ARMS's revenue comes from one licensing deal to DSM. That's what drove the entirety of their revenue growth. I dont know enough to say if this is a good thing or a bad thing in the short term, but when one customer makes up 60% of your revenue, they have a lot of power.

Either way, congrats to the AMRS shillers.

I am not a trader. I am a Barren Buffet fag and I like this little company.
Its story is like a child fighting cancer for all those years and is finally cured after countless bitter battles

Attached: crying_bear.jpg (126x128, 5K)

dude hold that shit for a little and see where it ends up first. with long calls you can get infinite return, let it ride mate. this has only just begun

Where are you guys getting this information? The call doesn't start until 4:30 eastern right?

Yeah this wasn't priced in at all, we're going to Mars.

OSTK BTFD

How are amrs holders doing senpai.

Attached: Screenshot_20180315-161221.png (720x1280, 63K)

Thy lord has returned bearing gifts.

Attached: kyoko.png (521x111, 64K)

Hope everyone listened.

congrats all.
sorry to all who doubted.

and to bust balls, I was never in their room, but shout out to xaviers school for calling this 3 years ago.

I just broke into five figures for the first time. I was all in on that shit. I'm not sure that was unintelligent of me but I'll just go with the ends justify the memes.

How long should I hold my calls for???
HELP ME

Holy fuck amrs shiller 1 and shiller 3.
Based.

>3 years ago

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (658x397, 26K)

>3 years ago
you'd be down 90% if you bought 3 years ago

more time would have given you more time to make it back if you had missed. but honestly, since you were playing earnings, and felt confident, it WAS a good call, as the price absolutely HAD to move soon. with the longer contract though you dont have to worry as much about time decay and can let your bet ride for a lot longer, and for a much bigger gain.

but you did fine m8, let it ride for a little bit and youll be happy as fuck

uh oh

>big customer is risky
True
But since it is Royal DSM, it will serve as a proof of work. If management is not retarded, it will be much easier for them to gain new customers.

I will look more closely into their liquidity positions. Hope it won't need a new public offering.

And they raised their guidance for 2018 too. They said revenue would be 151M$ and now it is in the 185M-195M range !
With this earning, I am much confident in adding more.

>%1425

I took the contracts that expire tomorrow because I need to use this capital to short the damn bond market and long VIX next week for the fed meeting.

Haha big ups man.

And actually a lot of guys here made almost 100k on AMRS 3 years ago when it went from .40s to 1.20
Still they deserve credit for seeing this turn around

>AMRS earnings beat expectations by 1425%
Dear God, the meme was true!

I hope we have some more good times especially since their plan to positivity is being enacted. AMRS 2020 we continue.

Attached: amyrisshiller.jpg (1000x3000, 1.94M)

Who
>running it red hot
here?

dw I am up today

Attached: IMG_1646.jpg (750x203, 34K)

Jokes aside (Yes, I did buy the peak). I'm really optimistic.

Attached: sunrun.png (651x504, 54K)

I told you to listen.
>AMRS n chill

Attached: 130C9924-859F-4060-9D7E-683BFBE9B5A4.jpg (1114x286, 104K)

>Tfw only small investment in AMRS

Wish I had balls as big as yours

yeah but youre clearly more confident with options. hes a beginner so im just trying to give him tips on how to not completely fuck yourself over with theta decay on long options.

i was also planning on going long vol next week. never tried actually trading bonds though, i just use them as indicators. care to clue me in on how i can short the bond market w ya? i dont trade on margins (fuckin PDT bullshit) so i dont really know how i could short bonds. maybe an inverse etf?

We all start somewhere user. Good luck to you

Shorties literally dying in droves lmao.

I'm holding this stock for a good, long time. Great company.
No kidding. Why did I have double the amount in BPMX? Could have made two hundred today. Whatever, I've been in that one since .16 so I'm not hurting too bad. Once it gets back up to .3 I'm getting the fuck out.

Attached: 1509819431244.png (741x684, 711K)

IT BEGINS

Never say that
Nobody could 100% sure and in the event it dips, you get to invest another day

Expect for the best but prepare for the worse

Christ its getting quiet in here.

Its almost as if me taking the time to explain myself carefully over the last 4 months was ignored and mocked