I need help from experienced cooks

I'm learning how to cook meals for my family, we have 2 very young kids and I like to start feeding them home made meals.
My problem is with boiling water.What is the best method that you can teach me.

Start with ice cubes. Everyone knows that cold water boils faster, and ice will boil the fastest.

You should have 100-200 ice cubes in your freezer at all times. Take about 30 of those, put them in a pan (not a skillet!) and hold it over your kitchen garbage bin. Set whatever's in the bin alight, then hold the pan over the fire.

Do this 10 or 12 times and you'll have boiling water just like Martha Stewart boils it!

There are a million different ways to boil water depending on the type of meal you're making. Not to mention the metaphysical properties of boiling separate foods at once, such as noodles and meat. I recommend reading some books on the laws of thermodynamics, as well as The God Delusion.

Also, read the notes written by the Zodiac Killer. He offers a lot of insight into boiling water on an electric stove.

Step 1. Put water in pot
Step 2. Boil it

WA LA
ez pz

Start by cleaning out your shower with ammonia and bleach

First you need water.
Don't listen to this idiot, because ice doesn't boil.
You need water, in a pot, and place it on a stove top.
Now, the important part is making sure you picked the right stove top location, if you find an area is hot, but the pot isn't there, you missed.
Now, once you got the pot on the hot you let the water get hot, this is crucial.
Once the water gets really hot it will start to form bubbles, these bubbles mean the water is drowning.
You must then scream at the water in the pot, demanding what it knows about the underwater kingdom, this will cause it to steam a little.
Keep at it until the bubbles get really big and you have done it!

Induction stoves or microwaves make it boil much faster

I cringed at how funny you thought this was

you guys are hilarious lol

are there any professional cocks here who know the tricks

Throbbing really helps.

DAILY REMINDER TO PLEASE IGNORE OBVIOUS TROLL THREADS.

sage

depends on the atmospheric constitution of the planet you are currently residing OP

Guys, I think I fucked up, how do I unboil water?

butthurt asshole detected

You need to add more heat.

Fuck man, all I know is that heat rises.
Do with that information what you will. The pieces are all there.

fucking assholes nobody can help with proper technique how to boil water
bunch of fucking useless retards

At least you tried user

Fuck you

Fuck you

I actually got a good laugh out of this

add salt to make it boil faster.

>I actually got a good laugh out of this
I did as well. I was crying from laughter. I'm the OP

>boiling water in the current year
I like my water raw thanks.

lol

Insert energy by stirring it very hard until it reaches boiling point.

spit in the water instead, it'll boil faster and more even than with salt

Soak in water overnight to activate.

don't listen to him, salt will make water dry and it will boil longer

You know the saying "a watched pot never boils"? This is the secret to boiling water: never, ever watch it. Simply put the pot on the stove, turn on the heat full blast, and leave for a couple of hours. When you get back, the pot will be nicely boiling, and now your instinct will be to look at it. BUT DON'T. In order to properly boil whatever food you're cooking, you mustn't look at the pot. With your back turned to the stove, carefully throw the pasta (or potatoes, or what have you) into the pot. This can take some practice. With your eyes averted, put the lid on the pot and leave it for another two hours. When you come back, blindfold yourself, pick up the pot, and strain it into the sink. Then, and only then, can you look at what you've cooked.

Congratulations! You're now a chef!

Thank you chef Ramsay

Guys help, my head chef says if I can't take the 'Self' out of the self-raising flour I'm fired!

how do?

just add water boiling water that is

KEK

I will be making soup tonight for my children is it better to use room temperature water for boiling or cold.

neither, you shouldn't boil children. makes the meat watery.

you asshole it's the soup for my children not from my children
learn to read you drunk cooking cock carnivore

>drunk cooking cock carnivore
thank you, that's the funniest thing I've read all afternoon.

I like my water on a under boiled site in order to get more flavour from veggies and meats

You're old enough to have 2 kids but don't know how to cook?
Do you know how to tie your shoes?

You need to add salt it makes the water boil faster. I learned this piece of wisdom many years ago on Veeky Forums. A 50:50 ratio should do it.

WATER
NICE AND HOT

>DAILY REMINDER TO PLEASE IGNORE OBVIOUS TROLL THREADS.

Another idiot who fell for the meme.

Why waste precious time when pic related?

I know how to cook, I'm excellent cook but I need bit help with tricks from professional chefs on boiling water.
BTW my shoes have no laces to tie, since when high heels have laces.

Thank you chef you are so kind for sharing your knowledge with me.

Boil water in a kettle wile you let a pan warm up on a stove. Add water from kettle and insta boil

Adding salt first will make the water tough. Make sure to first boil the water, then add the salt.

For how long should I boil salted water for the salt to be cooked to be boiled completely.

Also I like to ask if professional chefs pour water first into the pot and add salt to it or do they add salt first and pour water over it and start boiling.

>how to boil water?
I can't tell if this is parody or not.

keep reading

>this means the water is drowning
Fuck me, I shouldn't have laughed so hard at that.

I told you lol

Always put in the salt only after the water is boiling so it dissolves quickly. If you heat water with the salt grains at the bottom of your pot it may damage the metal over time from cavitation effects.

Thank you.That sounds real.Makes sense.

I was asking about the OP, not the parade that came afterwards.

always add salt to the water, it will boil faster

also onions, then it boils even faster

Can I add boiling water to water to make it boil faster?

No, that's how you control the speed but it works opposite

what about adding more oxygen to water to make it boil faster, will that help

That actually adds too much oxygen to the water and the added heat caused will make you burn your water.

What are the symptoms of burned water. Will it leave any marks on the pot like when you burn the food in it.

Well, part of water is Hydrogen, and that is very flammable.
Adding more Oxygen will cause the Hydrogen chemicals to break away and enter the steam cloud.
This, combined with the Oxygen will cause an explosion.
You won't have a pan, or a kitchen.

That's too bad because I was hoping to cook meals for my 2 kids much faster using that method.Oh well

Microwave boiled water > Stove top boiled water

This. Much faster too.

>Not just getting it from the store.

Fuck you plebs. I sous vide my boiled water. To a precise temperature of a 100 deg celcius.

How else are you going to get perfect evenly boiled water without burning the water touching the bottom of the pot. Its been tested over and over again. It is impossible with traditional methods, to get the water on the top of the pot to boil before the water below burns. Trust me, i used to work at The Fat Duck with Heston.

Huh?

It's bullshit, salt changes almost nothing in its solubility all the way from freezing to boiling temperatures. Look it up.

>exactly 100 °C
>he doesn't even pay attention to atmospheric pressure

>It is impossible with traditional methods, to get the water on the top of the pot to boil before the water below burns.
You are full of shit for trashing traditional methods of boiling water, it was done that way for centuries for millennia you just have to stir the water to prevent from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Best if you can use wooden spoon to stir it so you don't transfer the heat with metal spoon away from the boiling water.
Check ancient cook manuscripts papyrus or clay tablets and it's all described there you modern kitchen butchers.

Also, if you place the spoon on the top of the pot the latent magic from the tree that made the wooden spoon will prevent the water from boiling over.

you just making fun of me,don't you
or you are serious?

Serious.
Trees are made of wood and drink water.
The wood in your spoon will absorb the extra water so you don't get boil over.

OK I will try this technique next time I boil pot of water.
Thank you kindly for your help.

How would you know what atmospheric pressure i live in?! I could live in vacuum if i wanted to you ignoramus! How dare you assume my atmospheric pressure status.

your pressure status is listed on google so stop acting like you are ready to blow your gasket

Question, should the water I going to boil to make soup be decanted and if so for how long.
Thanks OP.

Yes, this removes the taste of the cans the water came in.

my water comes from the rain barrel so the is no metal aftertaste in it

>he doesn't use a metal rain barrel to defend against thirsty wood peckers
What else do do at the trailer park?

it's a medical grade plastic barrel originally used to keep blood supply during transfusion

Are you a vampire?

no I just work at hospital and got it for free

No I just work at the hospital and got it for free.

no I just work at a hospital and got it for free

O you work at the a hospital too?
that's so funny that both of us work at the a hospitals

>these bubbles mean the water is drowning

is water safe to boil

>Once the water gets really hot it will start to form bubbles, these bubbles mean the water is drowning.

I would like to know if there is a way to boil water to make soup using sun and pot cover made out of magnifying lens so you can cook it for free and save the electricity or gas or wood to create heat.

Hydrogen is a hydrocarbon, and steam has Hydrogen in it.
No matter how clean you try to boil your water it is going to cause greenhouse gasses.

what hydrogen I'm talking about using solar energy to boil water not hydrogen bomb, slow down

I always burnt my water, until I took a college course in Organic Chemistry. Finally learned how to not burn the water.

Share the secrets please, I'm sick of the strong smell in my house of burnt water it gets in my clothing,everywhere. I'm sick of it.
Please help.

I suggest you take OrgChem at your local college, because it will take 3 weeks to explain it here.